Seattle reading, any details?

Arataniello

Agreed. There are far too many people telling the story in Mereen and Vic's perspective on the events is far from essential. To me at least, the fun part is how will his story end?

Him feeding the horn his blood seems rather ominous to me. I can't help but think he is unknowingly setting himself up to be a sacrifice.

Him feeding the horn his blood seems rather ominous to me. I can't help but think he is unknowingly setting himself up to be a sacrifice.

As soon as I read that my first thought was, what has Moqorro got planned for him?

Poor old Vic is a pawn if ever there was one.

He's very thick..

That's the other thing. GRRM actually tells us he's "dumb as a stump" at the reading. Anyway you look at it, this doesn't set up well for him. Moqorro is clearly in control of the situation.

The irony is in the scene in Dance where Moqorro tells Vic that R'hlorr has shown him in the flames the glory that awaits Victarrion. Vic was mightily pleased by those words.

Little does he know that this "glory" is most likely that he will be flamegrilled Dragonfood.

I like it! I can see the thralls blowing the horn and Viserion and Rhaegal coming - and pulling Vic apart like 2 crows fighting over some roadkill.

"Well that didn't go quite as well as I had planned..."

I like it! I can see the thralls blowing the horn and Viserion and Rhaegal coming - and pulling Vic apart like 2 crows fighting over some roadkill.

"Well that didn't go quite as well as I had planned..."

Euron and his sorcerors had the Horn for years before giving it to Victarrion. There is NO way that Euron gave it to him without understanding how the mastery thing works.

Euron is already that Horn's master, you can bet your bottom dollar on it.

All he needs is for it to sound within hearing distance of those Dragons, and they're gonna belong to him.

He's not one to leave something like that to chance.

It'll be interesting to see if Moqorro knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to the horn or if its a whole... well we'll try this and if that doesn't work we'll give something else a go... if you're still alive situation

It seems by feeding Vic's blood to the horn he knows more than most about it.

I can see things quite literally blowing up in their faces and when Moqorro sees he is clearly not in control of the situation he'll just abandon Vic to his fate.

Euron and his sorcerors had the Horn for years before giving it to Victarrion. There is NO way that Euron gave it to him without understanding how the mastery thing works.

All he needs is for it to sound within hearing distance of those Dragons, and they're gonna belong to him.

Very good point. I guess I always suspected a trap, but got too excited about Victarion getting dragon-chowed.

Man, Meeren is really going to be a mess. Glad I'm reading about it and not there!

But did Euron foresee Moqorro? Or, are you suggesting Moqorro is Euron's agent?

That's where this all becomes very complicated.

It's also interesting to me that he feeds the horn the blood from his burned, black hand. It makes me wonder if moqorro is the one being bound to via that black hand.

Penny advised Tyrion to lose some times when playing Cyvasse, but Tyrion can't; Tyrion thinks that if he's not clever all the time, his value will be nothing and no one will want him.

hahahahah that is typical.

It's also interesting to me that he feeds the horn the blood from his burned, black hand. It makes me wonder if moqorro is the one being bound to via that black hand.

I was thinking of that too.

Moqorro seems to be the wild card. I don't think he is working for Euron, yet, he is the one dictating everything that Victarion does. So whatever plans Euron had for his brother, or his expectation that his brother would act in a certain way, that has already been ruined.

It's definitely a relief to know that Martin is aware of how dumb Victarion is. With the Dorne and Ironborn characters (and the Meereen) ones, it's harder to know whether their irritating qualities are purposeful, or just a product of the increased difficulty he had writing these books. That gives me hope that Darkstar is meant to be as lame as he is for a reason, and hopefully Daario, and some of the other irritating ones, and that perhaps they will all make their exits soon.

You're not much in luck when it comes to Darkstar. If I remember correctly, the author was quite surprised to find that he is the subject of much ridicule among a large segment of readers.

You're not much in luck when it comes to Darkstar. If I remember correctly, the author was quite surprised to find that he is the subject of much ridicule among a large segment of readers.

I too am surprised by that reaction. I think Darkstar is a facinating character.

I'm a pretty big sports fan, so he threw this little one out to us and I loved it. When Tyrion takes a long boat ride, he has the option to read 3 books. One of those books detailed a brilliant general/leader "Belichickio" or something like that who won many battles in a row and seemed invincible.

Until he was eaten by 3 Giants.

Sorry if this has been up before, but I thought it was brilliant.

Mmph - he should throw something in there about Ser Kyle of Williams, renowned throughout the westernmost parts of Westeros as the Open-handed, best little friend the giants ever had.

Archived