Calgary - 2nd Time's the Charm!

Alright people. I am bowing to peer pressure. Monday has just moved here from B.C. and she threatens to disown me if we don't meet other boarders, so we are organizing another meet-up in Calgary on August 11th.

We decided we're hosting a potluck. Special activities include sitting on the deck, eating and drinking. Eating. Drinking. Drinking. Eating. And drinking some more.

We won't take no for an answer. No 94 year old relatives flying in from other countries, no sports events, no travelling out of province for other events, and no saying yes and just not showing up. We're delightful, dammit. Come drink with us. :cheers:

Close it down, it's Saturday. Or put up a Clerks style honour system sign ;p I could be talked into making ice cream paralyzers, which would make the drive worth it even if you lived in Loas. Just sayin.

BTW I thought the first time was pretty awesome, I mean *I* was there.

It WAS awesome - and of course you made it so. I was more referencing the quantity of the guests who came last time, not the quality.

You think you can come? That's awesome!!! You'll love Monday (and her apparently ice cream paralyzers which sound positively evil to me). Can't wait to see you again.

Thanks for the offer, but not likely to happen for a while. :( Closest it'll get this summer is Riding Mountain area; all major trips for a while are planned to points east. (Oh! That reminds me of something... :D) Are none of you making it to Chicago?

Sadly, I can't make Chicago. That's one of the reasons why I let Monday bully talk me into having another get-together. :laugh:

I'm sad you won't be coming Angalin - but I'll live vicariously through you when you're in Chicago.

On another note, I'm very excited. My friend the professional cake maker has offered to make us a cake for this event. (Yes, SWS, the same baker that made the cake last time!!!!) Barring any acts of god/providence/bad luck, those who come are in for a real cake treat!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, my Westerosi friends. Of those who have indicated you may be coming, I will send you a PM with details and the address for the super secret club house.

Monday and I are co-hosting a potluck August 11 starting at 2:30 pm, so think of what you want to bring as your signature dish, because after all, a whole bunch of strangers from the internet will be judging you. :smug: (And if nothing else, you can bring something you know you'll like and can eat!). Also BYOB (although I'm confident there will also be other goodies here as well).

Oh, and Arthmail, if you do not arrive as the gloriously preened cock that you are, I will be sorely

disappointed. :kiss:

Archived