Has Martin ever remarked about Dany?

total1402

I guess the way that women rule is....badly? Was kinda disappointed about that.

Aww, I hope that Cersei (great as she is, she has sociopathic tendencies) and Daenerys (she may have made mistakes and may be a bit too trusting, but dear Seven she's FOURTEEN) aren't the standard of women's rule in ASoIaF.

Aww, I hope that Cersei (great as she is, she has sociopathic tendencies) and Daenerys (she may have made mistakes and may be a bit too trusting, but dear Seven she's FOURTEEN) aren't the standard of women's rule in ASoIaF.

Yeah, like I said, I don't remember the exact quote. Just remember feeling rather disappointed when I read it.

So? She seems like the kind of person to take revenge on her enemies' descendants.

Actually, no she doesn't. She may have said things to that effect, but I very much doubt she would take revenge on Eddard's descendants. And the (many) stupid things she has said, she said based only on her only (pretty much) source of info on Westeros, her brother. But say what you will of her, she's a deeply caring and empathic person, so I don't believe she would take revenge on kids - especially once someone tells her - and she's willing to hear - the truth.

Sansa and Joffrey were barely younger than Dany. She may not do it herself, but I guarantee she won't be kicking Daario out of bed after he leads the sacking of KL and kills Tommen.

Will. Never. Happen.

Have you guys read the, "What character do you want to have sex with?" threads on here? They make GRRM seem like Peter Perfect. I mean folks lusting over Arya, Podrick Payne and Tommen i.e. the Sandusky squad. There are some sickos in this fanbase . . .

Are you sure you didn't read that at 4chan? :shocked:

Sansa and Joffrey were barely younger than Dany. She may not do it herself, but I guarantee she won't be kicking Daario out of bed after he leads the sacking of KL and kills Tommen.

Are you on the first book?

I have a huge problem with the over 30 Natalie Dormer playing the 16 year old Maggie Tyrell but that is another issue.

:cool4:

I don't have a problem with that because her age is irrelevant to the story. Dany's is more problematic because her age is somewhat relevant to the story. Obviously they couldn't go with an actual 13/14 year old actress, but I think they could've gone with someone younger (18/19). Clarke is not a bad actress, but she's not so awesome that they HAD to stick with her. Now, if this was made just for European TV, they probably could have used a 15/16 year old actress and gotten away with it.

I have a huge problem with the over 30 Natalie Dormer playing the 16 year old Maggie Tyrell but that is another issue.

:cool4:

To be fair....Natalie Dormer is super hot, so ya know...check's out in my book! :thumbsup:

And please don't call GRRM a creep or anything, ASOIAF is a work of fiction.

Have you seen Natalie Dormer in The Tudors, people? She owned Anne Boleyn, I will never imagine a different Anne Boleyn as long as I live! the woman has talent! (Her death speech made me tear up) I think she will make a great Margaery, even if she is older - I can stand that, they've aged characters like Robb up 10 years - I think it's not unprecedented they do the same to Marg. (Yes, I think Natalie can pass for 26/7)

As for Dany and her vengeance and Dany in general - I keep kind of teetering on the edge of a really serious fear that she is going to go mad, Aerys-style, before ethe series ends. I hope this doesn't happen, but I fear it all the same. She has been growing increasingly ... moody... throughout the series....

Will. Never. Happen.

I admire your conviction on the matter, but you have no way of knowing that for sure. Daario wouldn't balk at killing a child and Dany isn't a warrior. She'll either lead from the rear or be on a dragon. She won't be the one busting doors down looking for highborns to take captive or kill. She's also stupid enough to let Daario lead the assault as a token of his "love".

Selmy wouldn't kill the children, but if Daario finds the king first you can be damn sure he will. Him or any number of the other sellswords looking to garner favor.

Are you on the first book?

I mention Tommen as king and her relationship with Daario and you ask if im on the first book... Obviously not. If I was, I might think Dany was actually a good guy.

Sorry. :( I don't like her smirk. And also, my name is Natalie so I have very high expectations of people who dare to take my name from me.

I think the smirk might be Bell's palsy.

I was looking through the author's comments on the character and they have been rather sparse. Then again, that's pretty much the case for every character. He was asked one time whether Daenerys and Jon would ever meet and answered that we should keep reading. Another time he listed Daenerys as one of the three characters he would like to dine with on account of her being "hot."

I guess my only take away is that Daenerys might really be "the most beautiful woman in the world." Other than that, not much information on the character.

Actually, no she doesn't. She may have said things to that effect, but I very much doubt she would take revenge on Eddard's descendants. And the (many) stupid things she has said, she said based only on her only (pretty much) source of info on Westeros, her brother. But say what you will of her, she's a deeply caring and empathic person, so I don't believe she would take revenge on kids - especially once someone tells her - and she's willing to hear - the truth.

She has others sources of info on Westeros. Jorah and Barristan, for example. But she doesn't listen when she doesn't want to, have you noticed that? She believes blindly what Viserys told her about Westeros... She realizes that he was psychotic, that he was no King, that he was a deluded fool... But when it comes to Westeros, no, that's cool, he's like, totally reliable. She's willing to hear flattery, not criticism.

Two other things:

1 - 163 summary executions. No trial. She said "give me 163 of you" and that was it. If she landed North and asked, say, Roose Bolton for the guilty for the destruction and he pointed at the Night's Watch...

2 - You can't laser guide Dragonfire. She intends to ride dragons. Those things are called Weapons of Mass Destruction for show, you know? You can't decide who will burn. You can just burn.

Archived