Jeyne westerling POV in TWOW

sumant30

I believe they caught a boat in Oldtown in Feast of Crows right before going to the Citadel same witnesses an old man (blackfish) needed help entering a boat and a girl with a babe no older then Gilly's babe. The thing that struck me as odd was that none of them was described not even a little didn't even say if babe was girl or boy. I think thats important why notice them if they're no ones but yet not describe them. Just a thought.

Damn, I lost in my last re-read... Was it from a Sam POV?

I change my mind constantly as to whether the Jeyne-switch is real or wishful thinking.

I wonder if they'll clear it up in the TV show (2 years from now, I know). We, the viewers, will know immediately if it is the same actress or not if there is some switching scene... or they may do more off screen.

Actually, I think if this is the case (I don't think it is), then they'll just move up the reveal that it's a different girl to when Jaime meets her instead of whenever the books would do it. And I'm hoping the next book will be out by the time they get to that scene in the show anyway, so that might be cleared up for the readers beforehand.

I believe they caught a boat in Oldtown in Feast of Crows right before going to the Citadel same witnesses an old man (blackfish) needed help entering a boat and a girl with a babe no older then Gilly's babe. The thing that struck me as odd was that none of them was described not even a little didn't even say if babe was girl or boy. I think thats important why notice them if they're no ones but yet not describe them. Just a thought.

Nice catch, i had not seen the connection between these people and blackfish and jeyne because when I read the first affc i hadnt notice the different descriptions of jeyne by jaime and thus i had not look for her to appear with blackfish somewhere. But now i deffinately see it.

Nice catch, i had not seen the connection between these people and blackfish and jeyne because when I read the first affc i hadnt notice the different descriptions of jeyne by jaime and thus i had not look for her to appear with blackfish somewhere. But now i deffinately see it.

The question is... how could they have traveled so far in a land occupied by enemies? Disguise, yes, and the Blackfish is a great warrior, still we know from Brienne, Cat and Jaime that travelling along the country isn't that easy...

Might be that the two were actually BF and Jeyne or... might be that GRRM is fooling us again :dunce:

This only works if Sam's story arch is half a year ahead of Jaime's. If not, Jeyne's baby must have been born before she and the Blackfish fled Riverrun, and they must have traveled by teleportation.

This only works if Sam's story arch is half a year ahead of Jaime's. If not, Jeyne's baby must have been born before she and the Blackfish fled Riverrun, and they must have traveled by teleportation.

How do you come up with this time frame? The Sam chapter in question appears after the Jaime chapter in question.

The question is... how could they have traveled so far in a land occupied by enemies? Disguise, yes, and the Blackfish is a great warrior, still we know from Brienne, Cat and Jaime that travelling along the country isn't that easy...

Might be that the two were actually BF and Jeyne or... might be that GRRM is fooling us again :dunce:

How do you come up with this time frame? The Sam chapter in question appears after the Jaime chapter in question.

I don't think BF will go to oldtown

"At the Weeping Dock, he watched two acolytes help an old man into a boat for the short voyage to the Bloody Isle. A young mother climbed in after him, a babe not much older than Gilly's squalling in her arms."

I don't see the BF being described as simply an old man. Nor do I see him the Blackfish letting Queen Jeyne climb in after him with a squalling babe in her arms. A little too undignified for Robb's wife and child, IMHO. Brynden would surely at the very least give Queen Jeyne a hand right?

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes random folks who Sam sees in Oldtown to make the scene come alive are just random folks Sam sees in Oldtown to make the scene come alive.

Ahk, this forum will be the death of me. On my first read - Jeyne mother's mother was a bitch and the Robb Stark line was terminated... then I came here and got convinced there was a chance... and then someone else convinced me that was wishful thinking... and now maybe yes... maybe no...

I think of all theory discussion this one gets to me the most. Hope. It gets you every time. ;)

"At the Weeping Dock, he watched two acolytes help an old man into a boat for the short voyage to the Bloody Isle. A young mother climbed in after him, a babe not much older than Gilly's squalling in her arms."

I don't see the BF being described as simply an old man. Nor do I see him the Blackfish letting Queen Jeyne climb in after him with a squalling babe in her arms. A little too undignified for Robb's wife and child, IMHO. Brynden would surely at the very least give Queen Jeyne a hand right?

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes random folks who Sam sees in Oldtown to make the scene come alive are just random folks Sam sees in Oldtown to make the scene come alive.

Your quote also shows that the babe was described as older than gilly's and it would be the other way around if it was Robb's heir.

Ahk, this forum will be the death of me. On my first read - Jeyne mother's mother was a bitch and the Robb Stark line was terminated... then I came here and got convinced there was a chance... and then someone else convinced me that was wishful thinking... and now maybe yes... maybe no...

I think of all theory discussion this one gets to me the most. Hope. It gets you every time. ;)

Until GGRM kills it :P

• 3 weeks later...

There are other possibilities, of course. Lord Westerling might have been willing to stick with Robb until the end for honor's sake, and his overly ambitious wife made the deal with Tywin on her own. They could have been playing both sides and using their daughter as a tool to end up with a good deal no matter who won the war. They might have simply stumbled on some evidence of Frey's plans and rushed to take advantage of the situation rather than going down with the rest of the doomed army (remember that even if Robb hadn't walked into the trap, his army was probably too small to matter without the Frey forces). It's even possible that the Jeyne who appears in Feast is an imposter and that the real one is elsewhere and pregnant, but that would require Sybell to be making a lot of effort and taking a big risk for very little chance of gaining anything.

Maybe. In Jaime's in this POV in question Jaime seems to believe that the mother Sybelle is the one calling the shots as she IIRC berates her husband and he seems to be very subservient to her. I can't be sure about this though.

That's a stretch don't you think? Though it would be welcome I imagine it would be confusing. Remember that we still have Jon's "legitimate heir" letter from Robb in play. Adding a child born from Robb seems to just muddle things.

That's a stretch don't you think? Though it would be welcome I imagine it would be confusing. Remember that we still have Jon's "legitimate heir" letter from Robb in play. Adding a child born from Robb seems to just muddle things.

And GRRM likes to muddle things :drunk:

Anyway, I'm not inlcine to believe in this theory. If it had any meaning in GRRM's intentions it were to create a red herring.

I don't think blackfish will land up in Vale, because he had on his own accord left the vale also it is not known whether he knows about the possible death of lysa and even if he does i don't think he will trust LF to go into vale and he doesn't know sansa is there.Also it is highly unlikely he will be with brotherhood although it is astrong possibility, because blackfish is a knight and he won't join outlaws just because the freys have the control over riverlands for now.For bran possibility i highly doubt it.Reading your post actually i am thinking where will blackfish go if he has jeyne with him because he can't go to WF/Vale/King's Landing and all river lords have bent the knee so he can't take pregnant jeyne(assuming) to any of them unless they are playing some sort of double game with lannisters.

If you remember quite clearly, you would know the leader of the outlaws was Lord Beric Dondarion, who was a Lord and a Knight

If you remember quite clearly, you would know the leader of the outlaws was Lord Beric Dondarion, who was a Lord and a Knight

Although beric dandarrion is a knight he is clearly leading the outlaw group, and they are basically operating in the river lands so what i meant to say was if he had a pregnant jeyne with him it is highly unlikely he will remain in territory which is controlled by freys.

Though I don't believe the Jeyne is pregnant theories it would make sense for the Blackfish to disguise as a little older and less "knightish" for travelling unrecognized.

I also believe GRRM puts in random scenes like this to color the story, confuse us and create a possible later twist if necessary at the same time.

Archived