Jeyne westerling POV in TWOW

sumant30

Unless Jeyne Westerling is carrying Robb's offspring... who cares about her POV? She's just a little boo-hoo kitty anyway.

that cannot be the case because she can shed lot of light on how the red wedding was transpired, one of the turning point of series.

that cannot be the case because she can shed lot of light on how the red wedding was transpired, one of the turning point of series.

I think at this point most people feel that- it happened. the westerlings betrayed the starks. unless she is carrying Robb's heir, then the only way i want to see her is if she gets fed to the dragons or beheaded

I think at this point most people feel that- it happened. the westerlings betrayed the starks. unless she is carrying Robb's heir, then the only way i want to see her is if she gets fed to the dragons or beheaded

I do not think jeyne was on in the plot but she definitely had some intuition according to me.

Unless Jeyne Westerling is carrying Robb's offspring... who cares about her POV? She's just a little boo-hoo kitty anyway.

Agreed! I was gunna say the same thing. But there is that her great grandmother cursed cersei so maybe it will go down that road. I think it strange they made them related if there is no reason for the connection.

That's really a far stretched man to be true

Agreed. That would be a really cheap ploy to undue the effect the red wedding has while you read the storm of swords. If he wanted robb alive he'd of kept him alive. Desecrating his body and then all of a sudden he shows up as jeyne's uncle. I think not. A lot of us miss robb but I think that's just wishful thinking to have the king back.

Agreed. That would be a really cheap ploy to undue the effect the red wedding has while you read the storm of swords. If he wanted robb alive he'd of kept him alive. Desecrating his body and then all of a sudden he shows up as jeyne's uncle. I think not. A lot of us miss robb but I think that's just wishful thinking to have the king back.

exactly.

If J, Westerling was meant to have any signifigance post red wedding, I really doubt JRRM would have authorized the replacement for her character in the HBO series. Just saying.

I agree, although I think the character's role can still be fulfilled...if Jeyne is carrying a baby, whether it is Jeyne Westerling's child or Oona's probably doesn't make a difference, provided it is Robb's son.

I agree, although I think the character's role can still be fulfilled...if Jeyne is carrying a baby, whether it is Jeyne Westerling's child or Oona's probably doesn't make a difference, provided it is Robb's son.

Actually if you take the series then it will be interesting to see whether she is also killed in RW on tv as there will be nobody to give her moon tea.

I think it's too bad that Jeyne's character is getting replaced since she's pretty damn hot, but that being said actors and actresses can be replaced for all sorts of reasons. Demanding more money, not getting along with other characters etc. Along the lines of asking for more money she could have been offered another role with better pay, or been told of her characters future importance and thus tried to use it as leverage. GRRM also said the series made a mistake killing Mago or some Dothraki I cannot recall who saying they would be important later. Just saying its certainly not definitive of anything in the books.

I think it's too bad that Jeyne's character is getting replaced since she's pretty damn hot, but that being said actors and actresses can be replaced for all sorts of reasons.

They didn't discard the actress from S2. They changed name and backstory (and some other details) and made Jeyne Westerling being Lady Talisa.

Why? I don't know.

^ Ah I misinterpreted what the original poster was saying about Jeynes character. Thank you for clearing it up, I thought he/she was saying the actress was being replaced for season 3. But in that case it is possible the show will make Robs hypothetical child more obvious since there wont be any Tywin plot with her mother as Sumant30 kind of said, though he went in the other direction with her getting killed.

They didn't discard the actress from S2. They changed name and backstory (and some other details) and made Jeyne Westerling being Lady Talisa.

Why? I don't know.

Maybe her being from essos will be more insight into the relative that cursed cersei. Cause if jeyne was related to the maegi then its possible lady talisa is now...I know its a wild thought but I don't see why there is a connection between jeyne with the spicers mother and cersei without a reason for it....and for the show to introduce the curse it won't work the way it did in the books but maybe changing the charcter of jeyne and her family will help change how cersei was cursed in the t.v. adaption....

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe her being from essos will be more insight into the relative that cursed cersei. Cause if jeyne was related to the maegi then its possible lady talisa is now...I know its a wild thought but I don't see why there is a connection between jeyne with the spicers mother and cersei without a reason for it....and for the show to introduce the curse it won't work the way it did in the books but maybe changing the charcter of jeyne and her family will help change how cersei was cursed in the t.v. adaption....

^This! I believe that GRRM authorized the changing of Jeyne to Talisa of Volantis because there is a future connection to Essos in this story arc. IIRC, Talisa tells Robb that she lived above her family's SPICE business in Volantis! Jeyne must have known at least a little about what her mother was giving her, given her family's connection to herbs, so could not have been fooled into taking something harmful to the baby she was trying so hard to create. D&D have simplified the possibilities by making Talisa herself a healer, capable of being aware of the pregnancy early and taking care of herself on the run. I believe the BF and J/T escaped to Essos with Robb's heir. Will anything come of it? Only GRRM (and D&D) know...

Archived