Where is Blackfish heading in TWOW?

sumant30

I just remembered that too. Too bad. I was hoping he'd end up being part of some version of the GNC.

No. The will was done on Robb, Edmures and the Northern lords rain soaked march (even mother nature was telling them not to go) to the Twins. Unlike the TV series, in the book the BF was left behind as castellan of RR.

Unless Robb sent him a secret raven with contents Robb only entrusted to a select few, I dont think the BF knows anything about Jon or the will.

• 1 month later...

Based on his comments to Jaime, where the bf says he thinks the crown made Jon Snow the LC of the nights watch I think he was not a witness.

If he does know about the Will then he won't be drawing attention to Jon.

He may have just slighted Jon to prevent Jaime from seeing him as a threat. Ned Stark's Bastard becoming LC of the Nights Watch is quite the promotion and one the Lannisters (and their loyalists) will be weary off and may deem a threat in time. After all, he may be a Bastard but he is a Stark Bastard and may want to avenge his family or the Northerners may turn to him as the 'only' surviving son of Ned's. The Starks are still present through him and with the position as LC attention has been drawn to him.

For example, when finding out Jon was made LC Cersei wanted him assassinated.

I think the Blackfish was just trying to protect him and make out he was no threat to the Lannisters. Also, his opinion towards Jon is bound to be weary considering his existence is a slight against Cat.

This is just my mind running rampant here, but I'd like to see the Blackfish rally his own outlaw group consisting mainly of ex-Tully soldiers, and set out North to join up with the Stark loyalists he has knowledge of. Their tale would no doubt be compelling, and the details of dodging Frey/Bolton patrols and wreaking havoc in the countryside would at least be more engaging than a trek to the Eyrie.

He has to come in contact with BWOB one way or another, how could he not? He'll hear rumours about uncat and will have to see for himself or he'll simply be found. A rebellion in Riverlands has been brewing for awhile and they need an actual Riverlander to lead their army eventually and the BF is as good as it gets in that regard. This is also the most reliable way to get RR back. The Vale/Greywater/north are both dangerous journies for one dude and would not even be reliable assuming he even gets to either place alive. Secure rebel army first then send envoys to those places.

I wish he could go North, but I doubt. Also, the North has already enough people there.

Easy, his other option is the Vale and cause havoc against Littlefinger. Let's not forget he killed his niece, betrayed his other niece's husband, claimed to have deflowered that same niece and keeps his niece's daughter as a hostage.

From my previous thread about Jeyne westerling this came to my mind what options does blackfish have as he has escaped

1>Will he join BwB

Although this seems a strong possibility but first of all blackfish is knight how can he join a band of outlwas?.Secondly he does not know that BwB is on strak side and hanging any freys they get their hands on so it would be highly unlikely he will trust them.

Beric Dondarrion knighted everybody in the BwoB. I don't think that's an excluding factor. I fully expect there to soon be a Ser Hodor of House Hodor soon. Just gotta get back across that dang wall.

I think he will stay in the Riverlands, the Vale and the North would be to long and to dangerous. I do believe they have already said that the road to the Eyrie is snowed covered. Winter is going to hit both the Vale and the North hard, so I think he will stay in the riverlands to harass the Lannisters and work to rescue Edmure/Red Wedding hostages, and take back Riverrun.

Archived