Where is Blackfish heading in TWOW?

sumant30

D) Attack the Twins and save Roslyn:

I think that this scenario will take place. Edmure told his uncle off Roslyns pregnancy. Edmure also told the BF that Roslyn sincerely loves him and that she didn’t want to take part in the RW. The BF also knows that Edmure’s child will never be save while the Lannisters occupy Riverrun. Especially when it’s a boy. And there are other bonuses he gets by attacking the Twins as well like for example liberating the nobles from the North and the Riverlands who are still held hostage, revenge on the Freys and a signal to the Realm. He will also have the advantage of surprise on his side.

Now how will this attack take place? Where will he find the troops to pull off such a daring attack? The answer is simple: Greywater Watch.

At Greywater watch he’ll find the soldiers of House Glover and Mormont who were sent there by Robb (+ survivors of the RW) and of course the Crannogmen.

The Crannogmen and the Freys off the crossing have had a feud for several centuries. And the Northerners hate the Frey for their betrayal. I think that the BF will propose this plan to attack the Twins and that Howland Reed will support it, even if the others are against it (He’s a pretty brave guy if you ask me). There might also be some sort of representative off the BwB there who pledges the brotherhood down for attack (In that case Hot Pie as their man on the inside could open the gates after the Crannogmen killed the watchers on the wall).

The actual attack itself will happen in the midst of the night. Crannogmen armed with poisoned arrows will kill off the guards, the BF and his outfit of crannogmen and Northerners are going to bust the Greatjon and the others out of jail and then they’ll rescue Roslyn. In the battle that follows inside the Twin most of Old Walder Freys descendants will be butchered and the Twins itself lit on fire (or at least half of it).

A POV in the neck would also give us information about the Crannogmen, Howland Reed, Jon Snows parentage and of course Robbs will.

[People will have noticed that I left Jeyne Westerling out. That’s because I don’t think she’s going to be relevant in the future. She sure as hell isn’t carrying Robbs child]

Interesting...

The Blackfish is protecting Jeyne Westerling, the real one. Think about it, with Robb dead, if she was not pregnant, then she was no longer queen nor is wife and without Robb's child in her belly, nothing anymore. Why would the Blackfish be so defiant then? "My King's last order was to protect his Queen" he told Jaime. Family, Duty and Honor. Robb was his great Nephew, his family and King. The Blackfish has to get her to safety unless they left the gate open to make it look like he fled and there is a some secret chamber, passage under Riverrun. Remember, many of the servants stayed on in service at the castle.

My biggest problem with that theory is that Jeyne westerling isn't even in the TV show. The TV show makers know the rough outline of aSoIaF and all the major plotpoints. GRRM is actively involved with the show. If Jeyne westerling was going to give birth to an heir that would be an example of a major plot point. Why would GRRM allow the shows writers to change such an integral part of the story. I am of the opinion that Jeyne Westerling will be playing no more parts in aSoIaF.

In addition, It would be significantly more difficult for Blackfish to escape riverrun with a pregnant queen in tow.

Finally, Tom silverstrings was in the lannister camps outside riverrun, if I remember properly. How could he mention unCats whereabouts to Blackfish who was inside the castle? Why would Tom Silverstrings, who has no prior contact with blackfish and is not allied with him, bother to convey the information even if he could have come into contact with blackfish?

I am of the opinion that Edmure likely talked down the blackfish and convinced him to run in order to protect both their necks. As long as blackfish is at large, Edmure is a useful hostage and will likely be kept allive. I believe that Blackfish is traveling back to the Vale, his only home outside riverrun. It is the place where he has the most power and can gain the most troops. It also Gives GRRM something which can advance Sansa's plotline. I do not know what the Blackfish's endgame is or even if he has one.

The directors, writers and producers do not care that much what GRRM says. He said during an interview he told the show writers to not kill maggo because he wiil be an important character later in the series, they wiont care robb's wife name even if she will give birth to an heir.

In my opinion Jeyne Westerling is not pregnant as it is intimated that her mother was giving her anti pregnancy potions.....as to the Blackfish....perhaps he went to seek out the Cranogmen in the bogs even though they are to the norht...I think the Cranogmen will play a large part in the battle yet to play out for Winterfell and perhaps at the Wall against the Whits...perhaps those were Robbs instructions to him if riverrun should fall....or the next scenario would be that he joins the outlaws and lends them his considerable tactical experience.

In my opinion Jeyne Westerling is not pregnant as it is intimated that her mother was giving her anti pregnancy potions

Yes. Jeyne mentioned that to Catelyn in Riverrun. I picked an odd vibe from Cat when she heard that. It makes me wonder if Jeyne picked that up too. If so, she may have stopped consuming the concoction her mother gave her.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since Westerlings count for nothing if we're to believe spoilers of the TV series. I'd count that out for Westerling/Blackfish theory. However I'd really wish that we would see Rayland Westerling alive and nursed to health actually. It would be a nice Westerling inner dramma to know that "traitor" heir is still alive.

Really hard to believe he will join danny and if he goes she should accept him as riverun fought on robert's side.

Not that I think that this is probable, but Tyrion is Lannister, Dany has way more motivations to hate the Lannisters then the tullys, and he is still going to try join her. If tyrion can be pardoned, why not Blackfish, isnt him the black sheep of the family?

So, I think the Westerling chapter has come to an end in the story. My guess is that GRRM used the show to put an end to speculation about Jayne Westerling, whether she was preggers or not, and how important she is in the future, ie. not at all.

I don't think the Blackfish goes to free her, although when he says "the last thing my king told me to do was to protect his queen" or something like that, it would suggest this is his endgame. But still. I think the Westerlings are done.

I also don't think he went to free Edmure. If we look at this purely from a logistical standpoint, how could one man remain undetected so close to a huge army, then free a heavily-guarded man. And what would this gain him? And also, Edmure was the one who set him free... he's in on any plot the Blackfish has. Surely future plans include setting Edmure free, but I don't think it's going to happen immediately.

Thirdly, I was in the camp of people who wished the BF would be the killer in Winterfell, but if you look at aFFC and aDwD together, I think the Winterfell killings start happening before the BF is even set free, so no feasible way it could be him. There's always a possiblity, I suppose, but there are some killings that take place before the BF has a chance to swim away, so unless there are 2 murderers, that theory's a no-go for me.

I like the idea of him going to either the Eyrie or to Greywater watch. Greywater watch is a mouth-watering prospect, obviously, because we all want the Jon Snow-true-parentage-reveal to happen, and Howland Reed's the only way it'll happen now.

Something's gotta happen at the Eyrie, though. I don't know if there's a way for the BF to know his niece is dead, and I don't know if that would deter him from going or not. But whether it's the BF or not, someone's gotta get to the Eyrie to shake shit up. Seriously.

I'm just going to repost a part of my post of 08/02/2013. I think it makes a lot more sense now to people who didn't believe me now that Talissa is dead #Glee

I've recently made a thread compiling all my predictions for the WoW (http://asoiaf.wester...art-of-the-wow/). This is the subsection about the BF (I believe that D) will happen).

12) A Blackfish in the Neck: “Family, duty, honor”

D) Attack the Twins and save Roslyn:

I think that this scenario will take place. Edmure told his uncle off Roslyns pregnancy. Edmure also told the BF that Roslyn sincerely loves him and that she didn’t want to take part in the RW. The BF also knows that Edmure’s child will never be save while the Lannisters occupy Riverrun. Especially when it’s a boy. And there are other bonuses he gets by attacking the Twins as well like for example liberating the nobles from the North and the Riverlands who are still held hostage, revenge on the Freys and a signal to the Realm. He will also have the advantage of surprise on his side.

Now how will this attack take place? Where will he find the troops to pull off such a daring attack? The answer is simple: Greywater Watch.

At Greywater watch he’ll find the soldiers of House Glover and Mormont who were sent there by Robb (+ survivors of the RW) and of course the Crannogmen.

The Crannogmen and the Freys off the crossing have had a feud for several centuries. And the Northerners hate the Frey for their betrayal. I think that the BF will propose this plan to attack the Twins and that Howland Reed will support it, even if the others are against it (He’s a pretty brave guy if you ask me). There might also be some sort of representative off the BwB there who pledges the brotherhood down for attack (In that case Hot Pie as their man on the inside could open the gates after the Crannogmen killed the watchers on the wall).

The actual attack itself will happen in the midst of the night. Crannogmen armed with poisoned arrows will kill off the guards, the BF and his outfit of crannogmen and Northerners are going to bust the Greatjon and the others out of jail and then they’ll rescue Roslyn. In the battle that follows inside the Twin most of Old Walder Freys descendants will be butchered and the Twins itself lit on fire (or at least half of it).

A POV in the neck would also give us information about the Crannogmen, Howland Reed, Jon Snows parentage and of course Robbs will.

[People will have noticed that I left Jeyne Westerling out. That’s because I don’t think she’s going to be relevant in the future. She sure as hell isn’t carrying Robbs child] => Told you so :P

1. I don't think he will able to rescue Edmure. Jaime left too strong a guard on him and his wife. He also left an excellent commander (Ser Forley Prester) in charge of the convoy. He has strict orders to kill Edmure and his wife if there is an escape attempt.

2. Joining with the Brotherhood is almost a given. With an inside man and a weak lord, retaking Riverrun at some point seems a given.

But I think he can do the most good in the Vale. He is known and respected there, and someone has to take Littlefinger out.

i think that it is very likely that Tom O Sevens tipped off Edmure on what happened when Ser Jaime had him serenade Edmure in his bath. Tom, being the BWB point man probably told Edmure that Jeyne is not supposed to be pregnant and that her family betrayed Robb etc.. Edmure would have told his uncle Brynden Black Fish that evening and he got out to find the BWB which Tom O Sevens would have told Edmure "How" and "Where" to find them. Now that the Jeyne pregnant thing cannot be true, The Blackfish now has to lead the troups in the Riverlands as he is "Warden of the Southron Marshes"

I hope that he joins the Brotherhood in time to prevent un-Cat from executing Jaime, grabs him and exchanges him for Edmure. Jaime will insist on Brienne an Co. being part of the exchange and we will finally see Casterly Rock from his PoV.

Another likely possibility is that the Blackfish goes to the Vale to look after Robert Arryn and shakes things up for LF and Sansa there.

IMHO, in any case he'll try to help members of his family who are still alive instead of indulging in pointless revenge. If he can combine both - well and good, but he'll prioritize family.

If we are to believe the "Jeyne was switched theory" it means that the Westerlings and Spicers have doublecrossed the Lannisters. In that case the Blackfish might be going to the Crag or Castamere to hide Jeyne, before planning how to save Edmure.

If we are to believe the "Jeyne was switched theory" it means that the Westerlings and Spicers have doublecrossed the Lannisters. In that case the Blackfish might be going to the Crag or Castamere to hide Jeyne, before planning how to save Edmure.

I think the fake Jeyne theory is pretty well sunk at this point, given Talisa's fate as well as Martin's admission that the hips description was an accident.

I think the fake Jeyne theory is pretty well sunk at this point, given Talisa's fate as well as Martin's admission that the hips description was an accident.

Did he admit that? I always suspected that it was a faulty description because Jeyne Westerling's reaction to her mother's duplicity seemed very real. As did her mourning. And the dignity which her mother lacked. I doubt Lady Westerling will be able to force her daughter into another marriage.

I think the Blackfish will return to the Vale. The Riverlands are lost. The lords which didn't surrender so far will do so when they hear that Riverrun has fallen. The Vale is not in open rebellion, but it is not supporting the Lannisters and Tyrells, either. The Vale is neutral, and he knows it well. Maybe he'll be part of the "controversial" Sansa chapter. He is one of the very few people who may recognize Sansa. The question is how Littlefinger and Sansa will react to it.

I doubt there is a place in Littlefinger's plans for the Blackfish who knows little Robert and his health problems probably better than any other Vale lord. And who might interfere in Littlefinger's plans for Sansa. Littlefinger needs to get rid of him, fast. I have absolutely no handle on Sansa, though.

Archived