What got spoiled for you?

Florina Laufeyson

Did you get spoiled about a big event in the series before reaching it? Like you heard someone dies long before you reached that point?

I did...damn wikis...I was looking for Rhaegar images and i ran into a thing about Young Griff.

And once, someone mentioned Theon being tortured thinking i had read up to that point.

Somewhere i heard about the Red Wedding. (Luckily for me, the whole thing wasnt spoiled. I thought it referred to Joffery somehow.)

I also was like, reading through the summary for AFfC before i finished ASoS and it was talking about Joff's death. O_o

I cant remember how, but i found out that Robb and Catelyn dies. (and it was unrelated to the Red Wedding)

I intended to borrow the books from the library so I could make sure I liked the series before I committed to buying it.

At the time, only Clash Of Kings was available for checkout.

This removed a lot of tension when I went back to read A Game Of Thrones, of course. [On the upside I think this made me better able to be fair to Sansa and sympathetic to Theon. Renly's gayness was way more obvious this way, too.]

Fortunately, the friend who recommended the series to me gave me Zero Details on A Storm Of Swords, other than "it's possibly the best fantasy novel I've ever read, but I can't tell you why. Just read it, then you'll know." He was right. I'm often indifferent to spoilers, but this was one case where I definitely believe my experience was better for being unspoiled.

Kind of the Red Wedding.

I had heard of something called RW but I didn't know what it referred to (my friend actually told me it meant "Running Warrior" in some kind of attempt to stop me from finding out) but then I stumbled upon the words Red Wedding and worked it out. I still didn't know what was gonna happen but I assumed that a major character/characters were going to be killed. As soon as there were two weddings on the cards in SoS I assumed that it would either be Joffrey's wedding where Tyrion was present or Edmure's wedding where Robb and Catelyn (and then almost Arya) were present D:

Well, as soon as Grey Wind started acting up when they reached The Twins I kinda knew that was it.

Other than that I accidentally saw that Renly was going to die somewhere in the series and that Sansa was going to marry Tyrion. Oh, and I also saw that there was a huge cliffhanger involving Jon at the end DwD...

Winterfell falling.

Sansa-Tyrion

Joffrey's death. God, that was really unsatisfying. That little shit deserved far worse.

Jon's stabbing. I remember typing "Jon Snow parents," but Google auto-filled "Jon Snow death" for me. That kinda sucked

Red Wedding was a big blow, tho I did phase myself out of it while reading and actually believed that it would work out for Rob in the end. And Joffery's death, know I was constantly waiting for him to die anyways and didn't know he would get knocked off in the Wedding.

I was about halfway through AGOT when I bought the other books in the series and made the mistake of reading the back cover of ACOK, which told me that both Ned and Robert were dead! I was disappointed to have found out that way and completely dumbfounded, especially to find out that Ned was going to die.

Grey Wind dying I spoiled via a wiki.

Ned's death via the season 1 finale episode description

My friend straight up spoiled the Red Wedding, because he'd read it on the wiki, and I'd yet to get to that part in the books. Basically out of spite.

I was reading wiki bios on the characters and i accidentally read something about Bran becoming Lord of winterfell, So I knew something happen to Robb :(

But I don't know anyone else that reads the books so I don't have anyone to talk to about it. :crying:

Jealous of Sweet-n-sourRobin!

I have a list of things spoiled from the books.

-I was prepared for the worst when I got to the red wedding, so I figured Robb would die.

-Theon did not die after sacking Winterfell.

-Sansa gets engaged to/marry Harold Hardyng.

-the Hound didn't really die at the end of Storm of Swords.

-the Hound did die at the end of Storm of Swords.

-Gregor is not dead/that Gregor is Robert Strong.

-Gilly and Gendry would reappear.

I haven't read ADWD yet, but these are the spoilers I heard from it.

-Jon Snow dies. It seems like I hear this for every new book.

-Dany and Daario have sex.

-Tyrion makes friends with a girl dwarf named Penny

-For some reason I think that Tywin is a wight, but I may have just invented this in my head.

It would be easier to list what I WASN'T spoiled for! I was spoiled for almost everything through ASOS before I read it (except the Lysa/Littlefinger thing and a couple other minor surprises) and then by the time I got through ASOS, I had gotten spoiled for much of AFFC and ADWD by running into things while looking up stuff related to the first three books.

Archived