What got spoiled for you?

Florina Laufeyson

• 2 weeks later...

Everything to do with Jon and Ygritte, including her death-I was going through fan art and it was just everywhere...

The RW wasn't spoiled for me, although now when I look back on it, I saw images of it but I just didn't know what I was looking at.

Jon's death also, but I just took it for a red herring comment and forgot all about it... so it still kind of came as a shock when I read it.

Jon being a Targ was probably the worst spoiler that I encountered though, I didn't even get a chance to spin my own web...oh well

Ned's beheading and Jon getting stabbed ( I was particularly mad about that one getting spoiled since I was only a couple chapters away from reading about it myself) and some minor stuff..

I just can't help myself to look up stuff about a minor character (like for instance Bowen Marsh..) which I don't know much about and then you sometimes see things you wish you didn't see...

What got spoiled for me:

- Tyrion kills Tywin (read ADWD blurb)

- Joffrey is poisoned (read ADWD blurb)

- Jon Snow becomes LC of NW (read ADWD blurb)

- Catelyn would get revived (googled the name "Beric Dondarrion" and the 2nd result was a westeros.org topic where the title was "Why did Beric revive Catelyn?")

- Renly's death (googled his name while watching S2 and went through some interesting websites, one being AWOIAF)

What didn't get spoiled for me:

- The Red Wedding :cool4:

• 6 months later...

The death of Robb and Catelyn was the only spoilers, but that was enough to sour the series thereafter. After reading Arya’s experience of Ned’s beheading I went to YouTube to watch the scene from the show, but, the comments section is dark and full of spoilers and I scrolled down, ignorant of spiteful trolls, and discovered two further Starks would perish, viz. Catelyn and Robb.

This was my first GOT video and after that I never looked at another GOT video again until I finished ADWD, but that helped little since the strongest novel in the series was effectively spoilt (especially if one considers that it was followed by AFFC and the RW is truly a brilliant plot twist that I couldn’t fully appreciate).

As a result of this I couldn’t share in the emotional rollercoaster of the supposed deaths of Bran and Rickon and the near death of Arya at the end of her RW chapter. Jon’s death didn’t have such an impact because it came right at the end of ADWD and there’s too much uncertainty regarding his fate: (1) he might actually be dead (2) he could warg, like Varamyr did in the prologue or (3) Melisandre would R'hllor him back to life.

For me it was one of the biggies, it was Robb and Cat getting killed. I didn't know when they died in ASOS but I came across it in a quick glance on the wiki page after I'd seen a couple of episodes of the first season. I now regret looking further down the page to see Robb's future. But it still hurt to read it when it came to actually reading it.

Ugh....between the wiki and forums I had virtually everything spoiled for me. From Ned to the Red Wedding to everything in between. I'm trying to remember something significant that WASN'T spoiled for me....maybe Littlefinger killing Lysa.

I can only imagine what reading the series must have been like without knowing any spoilers. Must have been magnificent....

Shortly after having found the series and read book one and two and liking the facebook page i found myself browsing through fan art or something. There was one comment that said: "Catelyn Stark gets her throat slit and flung in teh river huehuehuehuehue..."

Well I saw an entertainment magazine which was all about Ned Stark dying in the HBO series, so I knew that coming in. What really pissed me off was when I was almost done with CoK I decided to browse through deviantart to look for some character drawings and inspiration. There was a picture of a man with a wolf's head stitched on over where his head should be and it was titled "Frey's revenge." So yeah, that was a real pain -__-

I think I was lucky enough to avoid any major spoilers.

Before watching the show or reading the books I was already vaguely familiar with the setting thanks to the board game. Thankfully at the time I was more into playing the game than finding out about the story and the people playing who had read the books were pretty tight lipped so nothing really got ruined for me there.

After playing the board game I was interested in the RTS when that came out. I thought the website for that had spolied things for me when it mentioned a Targaryen family conquering the continent on the backs of dragons, but as it turned out that happend 300 years before the story starts, so it probably doesn't count :D

I think I came to the show pretty soon after that, and from there on I quickly moved on to the books, so there wasn't actually time to be spoiled once I really became interested.

I was looking up Tyrion and although I normally dodge the wiki sections of the books I haven't yet read, I accidently scrolled down revealing the family tree and marriage to Sansa :(

I knew it wasn't by her choice straight away though - she's much too shallow...

i had just finished the chapter where ned answered robert's question about jon's mother in a way that i found to be shady so i googled "who is jon's mother?" well, i found this site and found out about r + l = j. but i also found out about

the red wedding :eek:

had no idea i was going to spoil anything for myself :dunno:

Ned, Robb and Joffrey's death thanks to some fucks on the net. I didn't know how the died just that they will, but still that was crap.

I once saw an interview of GRRM before I read the books because it said no book spoilers, but then he let out that about how Dany has trouble ruling in aDwD. So the whole time I thought that GRRM spoiled me about Dany invading and ruling Westeros. Good thing I was wrong.

I ended up walking into the living room to 'A Game of Thrones' being on just as Joffrey decided he would kill Ned. I had just started the first book the week before and decided not to watch the series first. Brutal. I luckily avoided having the 'Red Wedding' spoiled though even with the internet trying its hardest.

Archived