Women have a hard time giving birth to Targaryen babies?

Will the Sellsword

Women had a hard time giving birth, full stop. I think GRRM has the fatality right just right in ASOIAF - but is it coincidence that the offspring are all suspect Targs? Maybe/maybe not... But I know in my novels, as soon as a woman gets pregnant their likelihood of survival to the end of the book decreases by 50%

I hold a similar theory about the births of Targaryans. Can anyone name a Targ breeding with another "race" outside of the Dornish with their Rhoynish bloodlines? The Daynes are described as having distinctly Targaryan features (Edric Dayne has silver hair and violet eyes for the old gods' sake) and the Martells are said to have the heaviest dose of Rhoyne amongst all the Dornish.

Breeding Targs with Andals or First Men may have a bad affect.

I hold some suspiscion that Rhaegar has some extra super sperm that lays waste to Westerosie women during birth.

Rhaella Targaryen died giving birth to Daenerys. Elia of Dorne was "of delicate health" and "frail" after giving birth to a daughter and then a son. Lyanna Stark died giving birth to 'Jon Snow'. Joanna Lannister also died giving birth to 'Tyrion Lannister'. Any other examples?

Geez what's next? Edmure is a Targ? Jon is not a Targaryen and neither is Tyrion... And Elia's health was always slightly frail and Rhaella did not only give birth to a daughter she gave birth to AA

I hold a similar theory about the births of Targaryans. Can anyone name a Targ breeding with another "race" outside of the Dornish with their Rhoynish bloodlines? The Daynes are described as having distinctly Targaryan features (Edric Dayne has silver hair and violet eyes for the old gods' sake) and the Martells are said to have the heaviest dose of Rhoyne amongst all the Dornish.

Breeding Targs with Andals or First Men may have a bad affect.

I hold some suspiscion that Rhaegar has some extra super sperm that lays waste to Westerosie women during birth.

Yes! Hightowers, Arryns, Velaryons, Whoever Jaehaerys II, Aegon V, Maekar, Viserys II, Rhaenyra and Aeny's married geez

Geez what's next? Edmure is a Targ? Jon is not a Targaryen and neither is Tyrion... And Elia's health was always slightly frail and Rhaella did not only give birth to a daughter she gave birth to AA

While I agree with you that Tyrion is not a Targaryen, Jon most certainly is.

I agree with what others have said — it's a childbirth thing in general, not a Targaryen thing. I wish we would stop attributing godlike features to the Targaryens when in reality there are none to be found. They do get sick, they can burn, they're not gods and their mothers are as likely to die birthing them as an Arryn or Hightower or Stark or Tully or Lannister woman is likely to die birthing her child. They're just people with a good propaganda racket.

most women died in childbirth in the middle ages. It has little to do with targ kids but with poor medicine

Not most, but a significant enough proportion; 20% of women in the Middle Ages died in childbirth. The younger the mother, the greater the risk, such was Lyanna's case.

Here's where you lost me.

Aegon IV got half the women in the realm pregnant. It was said his words were "wash her and bring her to my bed", there is more Targ 'blood' in the general population the people realize. As a regular blood donor I am told that a main use of blood donations is for women after child birth, obviously blood donation were not available to women in medieval times.

I imagine so, but that Dosent mean that we need to go on a pilgrimage telling everyone that he is R+L=J! Just stop and carry on

So what you're effectively saying is you want to be able to raise a point, but then when challenged on that point, that everyone should drop it because it's not germane to the topic?

And by the way, Jon being a Targaryen is relevant to a topic about whether Targaryens are hard to birth.

Archived