Women have a hard time giving birth to Targaryen babies?

Will the Sellsword

Well, for Lyanna and Rhaella, hearing of the events that transpired could have had significant effects as well as the births as both lost their husbands and fathers. Lyanna also had a fever.

Tyrion isn't Aerys's son. That's just a crackpot theory with no backing behind it.

I think this is a bit of a stretch. Most women in general find childbirth hard. For women living in a time/place without modern medicine it is often very dangerous. Men fight their battles on the fields of war and women fight their battles on the bed of blood.

There are plenty of women who have died birthing non-Targ children (Minisa Tully, Dalla, and Jon Arryn's first wife spring to mind). And there are plenty of women who have had no problem birthing many Targ babies.

I just don't think you can say that birthing Targ babies is more difficult or dangerous than birthing any other baby.

Myriah Martell gave Daeron II five children. Baelor Brakspear had two, and one of those had two more. His brother Rhaeghel had two sets of Twins. His other brother Maekar had 6. Argon V, Maekar's son, had four children.

So, no. I'd say it was a series of unfortunate events that all these died giving birth to Targ babies.

Well, for Lyanna and Rhaella, hearing of the events that transpired could have had significant effects as well as the births as both lost their husbands and fathers. Lyanna also had a fever.

Tyrion isn't Aerys's son. That's just a crackpot theory with no backing behind it.

Also, Lyanna was too young, and Rhaella too old, both circunstances that increase the chances of death, as well with the fact that they might not have a maester around to help.

Some of the deaths in this series could be explained by age. Birth is more dangerous when the woman is young like Lyanna or older like Rhaella. I never got why people think that Tyrion is Aerys kid. Even if he was there were probably complations during the birth that can happen with any birth.

Rhaella Targaryen died giving birth to Daenerys. Elia of Dorne was "of delicate health" and "frail" after giving birth to a daughter and then a son. Lyanna Stark died giving birth to 'Jon Snow'. Joanna Lannister also died giving birth to 'Tyrion Lannister'. Any other examples?

Child birth is nothing to mess with. It's a terrifying process, especially to someone with a phobia of pregnancy and childbirth (me).

Not to derail to the topic, but why does everyone think Tyrion is a Targaryen? I've read forum boards and the facts do not add up.

Not to derail to the topic, but why does everyone think Tyrion is a Targaryen? I've read forum boards and the facts do not add up.

Not everyone thinks that, i'd say that in fact only a small number of people does/wishes it were true (why, i don't know).

Also, thank you for that avatar of yours, it provided much lulz.... in fact i can't look at it without laughing again. (lol)

Do a search using the keywords Tyrion and chimera. His two eye colors are the basis for the speculation. I think that is where he is going.

Not everyone thinks that, i'd say that in fact only a small number of people does/wishes it were true (why, i don't know).

Also, thank you for that avatar of yours, it provided much lulz.... in fact i can't look at it without laughing again. (lol)

I exaggerated a lot by saying 'everyone' I meant to say some. Haha, sorry, mate!

Hahaha, you're quite welcome. I was hoping someone besides me would get a kick out of it. :cool4:

Child birth is nothing to mess with. It's a terrifying process, especially to someone with a phobia of pregnancy and childbirth (me).....

Yes its worth to note how just how much though is put into this, Catelyn thinking that Jeyne Westerling might be to delicate for childbirth while the Crakehalls are built to last and possibly more suitable etc. They take child birth seriously, as they should.

Yes its worth to note how just how much though is put into this, Catelyn thinking that Jeyne Westerling might be to delicate for childbirth while the Crakehalls are built to last and possibly more suitable etc. They take child birth seriously, as they should.

Sorry to be nitpicky but it was Roslin Frey, a daughter of House Rosby, that Cat worried about, not Jeyne Westerling who Cat thought had good hips.

Other than that, yes, I agree.

Sorry to be nitpicky but it was Roslin Frey, a daughter of House Rosby, that Cat worried about, not Jeyne Westerling who Cat thought had good hips.

Other than that, yes, I agree.

Ah yes indeed you are right! I actually thought a Rosby was involved somehow yet couldnt find anything on the wiki as to how, so I assumed I was wrong and went for Jeyne Westerling instead.

Edit: That moment with Cat and the maester was brilliant imo, no emotions there just business. Felt almost like a horse sale, discussing the qualities of the horse/Roslin..

Archived