Thread for Small Questions v. xxii

Angalin

Does anyone know if GRRM is a Grateful Dead fan? He must be right? Darkstar is a very popular, very pschyedelic song by the Dead. Also I was just reading his blog and he mentioned "what a long, strange trip its been." a line from the chorus of Truckin' another Dead song. Anyone else ever catch him referencing the Dead?

He plays homage to many things,

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/784-references-and-homages/

Just wondering...Why did Bloodraven take the black?? Where can I read Bloodraven's full history?? Am I the only one that doesn't know about all this??

King Maekar I had him put in the black cells (for reasons as yet unknown) and he was then sent to the Wall as part of an 'honor guard' for Maester Aemon when he joined the NW.

It was not Maekar I, it was Aegon V (Egg).

AFfC, Samwell:

I was not born blind,” he reminded them. “When last I passed this way, I saw every rock and tree and whitecap, and watched the grey gulls flying in our wake. I was five-and-thirty and had been a maester of the chain for sixteen years. Egg wanted me to help him rule, but I knew my place was here. He sent me north aboard the Golden Dragon, and insisted that his friend Ser Duncan see me safe to Eastwatch. No recruit had arrived at the Wall with so much pomp since Nymeria sent the Watch six kings in golden fetters. Egg emptied out the dungeons too, so I would not need to say my vows alone. My honor guard, he called them. One was no less a man than Brynden Rivers. Later he was chosen lord commander.”

Who is the Merchant killed by Littlefinger, using the Faceless Men?

In a conversation with the Council on killing Daenarys, LF does not want to use the Faceless Men because of they are expensive, and says: "You could hire an army of common sellswords for half the price, and that's for a merchant... (GoT, p. 344)" This implies he actually hired the FM, or is this just a casual reference... I have tried to find an answer on the forum...

In a conversation with the Council on killing Daenarys, LF does not want to use the Faceless Men because of they are expensive, and says: "You could hire an army of common sellswords for half the price, and that's for a merchant... (GoT, p. 344)" This implies he actually hired the FM, or is this just a casual reference... I have tried to find an answer on the forum...

Good question. Of course he could know the price because he just informed at the cost.

Who? It could be someone Littlefinger borrowed heavily from, and wanted to get rid of the debt.

I always suspected it was Illyrio he wanted to get rid of.

I think it's more likely he inquired the price, but gave up on the idea. Spending a fortune on a single death isn't really LF's style.

Or he could just know that because his father was a sellsword from Braavos after all - maybe he told him a few tales of his homeland.

I think it's more likely he inquired the price, but gave up on the idea. Spending a fortune on a single death isn't really LF's style.

Or he could just know that because his father was a sellsword from Braavos after all - maybe he told him a few tales of his homeland.

Or as a committed Master of Coin who has found his true calling, he knows stuff like this

I wouldn't take it as an exact figure of how much the Faceless Men cost. It's just hyperbole.

Iirc the original question was why he took the black, not why he was arrested.

But to answer that question, you have to explain how he ended up in the dungeons in the first place. I don't see any harm in clarifying which king did what and when.

Some people seem to believe Rickon is actually at the Isle of feces and not Skagos, is there a concrete theory or just speculation?

I haven't heard this one. No way it's true though. Not only does it basically triple the distance they have to travel, on foot. But also it goes through hostile territory. Osha is smarter than that.

I haven't heard this one. No way it's true though. Not only does it basically triple the distance they have to travel, on foot. But also it goes through hostile territory. Osha is smarter than that.

Ain't that some shit..... ;)

It is, I just wanted to now if anyone else thought so.

Could you guys help me out with this. Friend as borrowed ADWD so cant reread right now.

In the prolouge that Sixskins guy. Did he die at the end or go into one of those wolves. I was thinking he went into one of them....?? and those are the wolves that Summer is now leader of the small little pack??

so did he go into one?

if he did does he eventually not remember who he is so actually really dies like that?

and is that the wolves that are in Summers pack now?

Thanks

Could you guys help me out with this. Friend as borrowed ADWD so cant reread right now.

In the prolouge that Sixskins guy. Did he die at the end or go into one of those wolves. I was thinking he went into one of them....?? and those are the wolves that Summer is now leader of the small little pack??

so did he go into one?

if he did does he eventually not remember who he is so actually really dies like that?

and is that the wolves that are in Summers pack now?

Thanks

Yes, he lives his second live inside his wolf now. And for what he tell us in the prologue, eventually he will lose his former human self. At the time of the encounter with Summer I don't think he was all-lost yet.

Am i right in thinking Braavos and their Iron bank won't trade with Dany because of the way she took the Unsullied from the slavers?

If so, can anyone point me towards a quote for this?

You're absolutely right. They would be foolish to lend her money because A. chances of her endeavors being successful are not high enough for them to wager their money, and B. because she could take the money, kill the envoy, and claim that the man never gave her the money.

I don't recall any quotes pointing to this, just common sense.

Archived