Thread for Small Questions v. xxii

Angalin

I can't remember and don't know how to begin to find the answer to this:

Did Tyrion ever confront Littlefinger about the lie LF told to Catelyn about the ownership of the dagger used in the second attempt on Bran's life?

he doesn't all out confront him but there's a moment in ASOS...

"That’s a handsome knife as well."

"Is it?" There was mischief in Littlefinger’s eyes. He drew the knife and glanced at it casually, as if he had never seen it before. "Valyrian steel, and a dragonbone hilt. A trifle plain, though. It’s yours, if you would like it."

"Mine?" Tyrion gave him a long look. "No. I think not. Never mine." He knows, the insolent wretch. He knows and he knows that I know, and he thinks that I cannot touch him.

Everybody knows that Lyanna died at childbirth. (correct me if I'm wrong). Don't they wonder what happened to the baby, or do they just believe it was stillborn or died later?

If they know it's dead, this might give a new meaning of waking dragons from stone - waking targaryen heir from the dead as in tombstones. Also - the dead Stark kings statues - they are Starks, they are dead, they are Stone - waking dragons from "them" (Jon has it all - dead, Stark, should-be-king, Targaryen).

Everybody knows that Lyanna died at childbirth. (correct me if I'm wrong). Don't they wonder what happened to the baby, or do they just believe it was stillborn or died later?

If they know it's dead, this might give a new meaning of waking dragons from stone - waking targaryen heir from the dead as in tombstones. Also - the dead Stark kings statues - they are Starks, they are dead, they are Stone - waking dragons from "them" (Jon has it all - dead, Stark, should-be-king, Targaryen).

People on this forum know how Lyanna died, but Ned, Howland and Wylla kept the nature of her death a secret, and let everyone else decide for themselves how she died.

Everybody knows that Lyanna died at childbirth. (correct me if I'm wrong).

You mean everyone in the books? We don't know how they think Lyanna died. I doubt Ned would tell them she died in childbirth, as that is practically asking them to figure out that Jon isn't who he says he is.

he doesn't all out confront him but there's a moment in ASOS...

Thank you, m'Lady! I do remember that now. I wonder why Tyrion let LF get away with it especially since it nearly cost Tyrion his life and contributed to the upheaval in the realm? Do you think Tyrion was (is) just biding his time?

You mean everyone in the books? We don't know how they think Lyanna died. I doubt Ned would tell them she died in childbirth, as that is practically asking them to figure out that Jon isn't who he says he is.

Plus I can't imagine any questioning of Rheagar's kidnappy/rapey side would go down well with King Robert, as it would basically sound like Targaryen loyalty. So any who nursed doubts about the 'official' line were probably wise to keep schtum about it.

People on this forum know how Lyanna died, but Ned, Howland and Wylla kept the nature of her death a secret, and let everyone else decide for themselves how she died.

Thank you, I stand corrected. So, noone besides Ned is thinking anything on Lyanna in the books?

Plus I can't imagine any questioning of Rheagar's kidnappy/rapey side would go down well with King Robert, as it would basically sound like Targaryen loyalty. So any who nursed doubts about the 'official' line were probably wise to keep schtum about it.

Ok, does that mean that the official line was Rhaegar killed her after raping her and no baby ever mentioned?

Ok, does that mean that the official line was Rhaegar killed her after raping her and no baby ever mentioned?

Well, now that I think about it.......there was a period of time between Rhaegar and Lyanna's death. Rhaegar at the Trident, then Robert took Kings Landing, then Ned went to mop up in the south, then Lyanna's death at the Tower of Joy. So I suppose it can't be realistically put forward that Rhaegar killed her.

Someone more R+L=J savvy will have to take over here, though I suspect the answer is we don't know because events around this whole area are understandably vague. It is a good question though: what did he tell Cat, the children, Benjen etc had happened to Lyanna?

Well, now that I think about it.......there was a period of time between Rhaegar and Lyanna's death. Rhaegar at the Trident, then Robert took Kings Landing, then Ned went to mop up in the south, then Lyanna's death at the Tower of Joy. So I suppose it can't be realistically put forward that Rhaegar killed her.

Someone more R+L=J savvy will have to take over here, though I suspect the answer is we don't know because events around this whole area are understandably vague. It is a good question though: what did he tell Cat, the children, Benjen etc had happened to Lyanna?

Really the only interesting question is what did he tell Benjen? He didn't really need to give specifics to anyone else. Personally, I think Benjen knows everything.

Ned tells Robert he was with Lyanna when she died, so we can't assume the official line is that Rhaegar killed her before he left. Perhaps Ned simply said she died of a fever. That sounds like the kind of half-truth Ned would prefer to tell, as opposed to outright lies.

Does anyone know if GRRM is a Grateful Dead fan? He must be right? Darkstar is a very popular, very pschyedelic song by the Dead. Also I was just reading his blog and he mentioned "what a long, strange trip its been." a line from the chorus of Truckin' another Dead song. Anyone else ever catch him referencing the Dead?

Just wondering...Why did Bloodraven take the black?? Where can I read Bloodraven's full history?? Am I the only one that doesn't know about all this??

King Maekar I had him put in the black cells (for reasons as yet unknown) and he was then sent to the Wall as part of an 'honor guard' for Maester Aemon when he joined the NW.

For a summary of his history, see the wiki http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brynden_Rivers

Thank you for the answer, it was very useful!. Now I have another question concerning Bloodraven... Was he the "original" 3EC or he replaced someone else?

There have been hundreds of other greenseers, this is in the text. As for the specific title of Three Eyed Crow? That is specifically reserved for blood raven as a member of the night's watch, the birthmark on his face and his thousand eyes and one thing.

Thank you for the answer, it was very useful!. Now I have another question concerning Bloodraven... Was he the "original" 3EC or he replaced someone else?

That is a real question worthy of a thread. There is some debate that Bloodraven isn't the 3EC. The way that Bloodraven responds to the question is in and of itself is supect.

Archived