The next prologue will star . . . . a Tyrell brother

SimonSez

Not Garlan, if Garlan died id be pissed off. He's my favourite minor character

So much this. Just remove the "minor." I believe I've stated my love for Garlan on enough occasions, though here's another:

I FUCKING LOVE GARLAN TYRELL.

i have trouble seeing Garlan dying. All we hear about him is he is the best fighter alive, with Jaime being maimed.

That's why I think it would be good for Garlan to be the prologue character. He is a character that has this reputation as being an excellent swordsman, and the first time that we see him in action, he gets killed by someone. Also, it would show us that the ironborn are a force to be worried about, because the person that kills him, will likely be ironborn, because he is gathering men to go fight them, and retake the Shield Islands.

It's gotta be Marwyn or one of his underlings.. he's south of the Wall and he did not show up in Dance at all. I was really hoping he would fit somewhere into this Meereeneese knot but alas.

My second choice is the maester at Greywater Watch so we can finally get to meet the man, the myth, the legend, Howland Fucking Reed.

Casterly Rock's maester would be cool too, considering we've been told we'll definitely be seeing it. Maybe they'll be delivering Edmure in chains and someone (Blackfish) comes to rescue him. Or a dragon comes and toasts his ass. That would certainly speed Dany's arrival up, so that's definitely not happening. Oh Georgie Porgie.

May be the prologue will be through Euron Crow's Eye PoV. And the Damphair kills him.

The Damphair was struggling with the thought "Kinslayers are cursed by the gods" but in his last chapter(the last chapter that had a pov of Aeron Damphair) at the end, he says that his god was silent.

So may be he tells himself screw the gods, this is worse, and kills him.

Damphair has been missing, and I really find it hard to buy that he's off somewhere in Old Wyk gathering followers to overthrow Euron.

Of course, Aeron Damphair kills Euron right after he had taken over Highgarden.

What about Olenna?

Yeah, that could work. Maybe another great GRRM troll, when the first we see of "dream boy" Willas is his shoving grandma of the stairs, after some arguing about hawking. :rofl:

Joking aside, I think a Tyrell epilogue is probably more likely than an prologue. Could be wrong though.

The next prologue will be a Maester.

AGOT- North of the Wall

ACOK- Cressen a Maester

ASOS- North of the Wall

AFFC- Pate a Maester in training

ADWD- North of the Wall

WoW- another Maester (probably in Dorne)

This would leave Benjen to be the prologue for DoS, wandering through the Lands of Always Winter.

I would love Benjen to be the prologue of A Dream of Spring !

This way he dies with many secrets that will follow him to the grave that no character will ever know but we will !

GRRM said that we would learn a lot more of the nature and history of the Others in TWoW. We will have a prologue at or beyond the Wall, hold me to it and bake me a cake when it happens.

How about a Frey pie? But my prediction is the Darkstar/Balon Swann story line via the maester at High Hermitage or Starfell. We know we get 2 Arianne chapters early on where she reaches Griffens Roost. That is a longer journey than Balon Swann going to High Hermitage and he left first, so giving us a POV of what happens later than that wouldn't make sense. Though nothing says we will definitely get one. I saw some people post that the prologue's always involve magic. Well Euron has a magic eye and Worlocks, perhaps we get the Tyrell POV and see Euron take Highgarden via magical trickery.

I suspect the start of Winds of Winter will begin with the death of one of Mace Tyrell's sons. We're due a southern prologue after the last one took place beyond the wall. But which?

Willas Tyrell — The seat of Highgarden could fall to the Iron Born.

Garlan Tyrell — Could end up like the Serry boy after he met Victarion, since Garlan is planning to protect Highgarden and retake the Shield Islands.

Loras Tyrell — He could succumb to his wounds, but not before hearing of new developments in the Stormlands.

Thoughts?

WIllas maybe, he is as close to useless as there is right now, but i doubt Highgarden would fall to the Iron Born.

No Iron Born man is going to kill Garlan, dude is a beast. Euron and Vic would get rolled easy. I would love to watch(read) Garlan ripping Iron Born to shreds.

Loras would be a waste, unless a dragon made of stone wakes up and eats him.

you say we a due a southern prolouge, but u forget about Dark Star/Sand Snake.

A Maester will probably be the Prolouge, someone who tosses us some Knowledge and then dies in a cool way.

Here's another pattern to the prologues:

Waymar Royce: Killed by Others.

Maester Cressan: Killed by powerful/magical person from Essos (Mel)

Chet: Killed by Others

Pate: Killed by powerful/magical person from Essos (Jaquen/Facelessman)

Varamyr: Killed by Others

Could this complicate the picture?

This could make Haldon Half-Maester a possible candidate, especially for those who think Greyscale has a big role to play going forward.

I also could see a Maester in service to Daven Lannister being killed.

Any chance we'll see the Iron Bank killing anyone? They have to have their due right?

I like the idea of Marwyn being the next POV, mostly because I expect him to die fairly soon in any case. But I think the idea that there's a pattern with prologue POVs that GRRM is going to stick to throughout the series is garbage. GRRM has changed up the POV structure in a number of ways when writing the series.

At first, all of the POV characters were going to have the same number of chapters, told in the same order. That didn't survive the writing of AGOT. GRRM also wanted to tell the whole story using only the surviving POV characters from AGOT. That didn't survive the writing of ACOK. In ASOS, he included an epilogue for the first time. In AFFC, he included a bunch of minor POV characters. So why on earth would he stick to this most insignificant of patterns when he's been revising the way he tells this story from the beginning?

How about someone at The Citadel? Give a little insight into what Sam and Pate (Jaqen) are up to.

I think Sam is the best placed POV to tell us what Sam is up to.

Archived