Arya in Braavos, So Spake Martin

The Lord's Kiss

Dany called him lazy and with Quentyn he just lost interest. He also just hissed at him. Rhaegal on the other hand burned him up.

Also, there was a time when they were younger when Rhaegal tried to take food from Drogon but was no match. Those two are more ferocious while Viserion is the least. Drogon is the baddest MF in the books to me.

I think Dany called him lazy as a term of endearment. Drogon is the strongest and deadly. Selmy said Rhaegal is more dangerous than Viserion. But Viserion can become equally as deadly as Rhaegal because he may be easier to train. Where as his two brother's are just wild beasts that act on instinct.

And no matter what Viserion is the most beautiful dragon.

Drogon is cool and scary

Rhaegal looks like a giant lizard.

I think Dany called him lazy as a term of endearment. Drogon is the strongest and deadly. Selmy said Rhaegal is more dangerous than Viserion. But Viserion can become equally as deadly as Rhaegal because he may be easier to train. Where as his two brother's are just wild beasts that act on instinct.

And no matter what Viserion is the most beautiful dragon.

Drogon is cool and scary

Rhaegal looks like a giant lizard.

In my head, Drogon looks the best to me. The winged shadow. He's like how I would envision a scary dragon. I also like him because of parallels to Balerion.

Also, there was one cute part where Drogon and Rhaegal were curled up sleeping together.

Anyways, Arya the dragonslayer may be more likely than Arya the dragonrider. Although she wished for a flaming sword in ASoS and the dragons were called that in ADWD.

The show also chose her to introduce Visenya and Rhaenys.

To the Op, I think you got the cart before the horse. I know that more then once GRRM has said that he over writes. He said he wrote the best story for Tyrion but he could not use it because it took the character down a one way street. (he also said that he may put that story in something after if he finishes the series).

I think he has written so much of Arya in Bravos that he won't be able use all he has already done. If we learned any thing from the Mareen knot it is that he writes, rewrites, and rewrites how things will go. When he changes when, where, what one character does, if changes the others effected by that change, which then cause him to rewrite other characters that are effected by the changes he makes to the second character. IIRC he said he never throws anythng away, so some where he has stories where Ned lived longer, Robert died sooner, and the RW did not happen.

I can see this happening before her FM training but not after. Besides she won't be alone. She has Nymeria and her super sized man eating wolf pack. They had already saved her once so... Let them try I would say

With Nymeria, perhaps, but otherwise I think it's little more than wishful thinking to believe that a 12 year old girl can travel freely, on her own, in a warzone without getting brutalized. FM trained or not.

With Nymeria, perhaps, but otherwise I think it's little more than wishful thinking to believe that a 12 year old girl can travel freely, on her own, in a warzone without getting brutalized. FM trained or not.

Pod traveled alone. If she learns to change her face, she can pass for a boy or even a man or old or ugly person.

All right, crackpot:

Arya will be sent to kill a dragon, but she won't do it, because she will fell in love with an actual dragon. She was always more monsters than knights type of girl.

I had the exact same thought. Maybe she is going to be one of the dragon riders. Although this and Nymeria would seem like overpowering her.

I had the exact same thought. Maybe she is going to be one of the dragon riders. Although this and Nymeria would seem like overpowering her.

Martin's not going to spend 2 books teaching Arya to be a Faceless Man, only to give her a Dragon, which makes the Faceless Man training irrelevant.

Nope. She's going to take out a high value target in an epic assassination. And what could be a more epic target than a dragon?

Pod traveled alone.

And the last we saw him he was at the end of a rope.

Hell, Brienne has been taken captive twice now. Very nearly raped, face chewed off and hung. And she's big as a house, strong as a mule, a trained fighter and a skilled swordsman. Arya wouldn't stand a chance in Westeros on her own.

Martin's not going to spend 2 books teaching Arya to be a Faceless Man, only to give her a Dragon, which makes the Faceless Man training irrelevant.

Nope. She's going to take out a high value target in an epic assassination. And what could be a more epic target than a dragon?

This. Not sure that it'll be a dragon, but she'll definitely be taking out a high level target.

Crackpot theory: Arya never hooks back up with Nymeria. Sansa reveals herself to the Vale Lords, yet no one believes her (word having reached the Vale that the Arya married to Ramsey is a fake). Nymeria shows up (at Bran's urging), confirms Sansa's identity to the Vale Lords, and becomes Sansa's constant companion.

And the last we saw him he was at the end of a rope.

Hell, Brienne has been taken captive twice now. Very nearly raped, face chewed off and hung. And she's big as a house, strong as a mule, a trained fighter and a skilled swordsman.

And as stealthy as carnival dancer. Seriously the only person more ill suited for a secret mission has to be Hot Pie.

I know it's highly unlikely it was just a crazy thought.

Why? It can happen in RL...even with children that has not had training or even the natural skill that Arya has. You must be a Sansa fan* cause this is what some of them always say....oh wait you are a Sansa fan-see below.

*I mean the Sansa fans that feel the need to tear down Arya to help make Sansa look better cause I like Sansa and Arya just fine.

Crackpot theory: Arya never hooks back up with Nymeria. Sansa reveals herself to the Vale Lords, yet no one believes her (word having reached the Vale that the Arya married to Ramsey is a fake). Nymeria shows up (at Bran's urging), confirms Sansa's identity to the Vale Lords, and becomes Sansa's constant companion.

Now this is way more than wishful thinking...it's sad.

( porkchop I'm just having a good natured poke :) so sorry if my post seems harsh cause I'm rushing and also did not add smilies, I'm a dunce :dunce: )

There is a major problem with Arya - you never know where she will end. I mean that there are so many options that can be considered - will she forget herself and become a true FM, will she be sent on a mission, Bran can connect her, the wolf dreams, we don't know what/who Izembaro is. Everything can happen.

I love to think that she'll return to Westeros and reunite with Nymeria and/or someone from the Stark children and start kickin butt...but again the whole FM training goes to hell... I think she is meant for something bigger - Cercei, the dragons, even Stannis. Who the hell knows...?

I think Nymeria and Arya reunite, but I agree that Nymeria and her wolf pack may be helping Sansa out of a bind at some point and that instance will probably reveal her to Stark loyalists in the vale.

I hope Arya leaves Braavos...if anything will get her back...the news of Jon's assassination will.

Archived