Metal Thread VI: This One's For the OTTER

Xray the Enforcer

I mentioned them before (I think), but I've been listening a lot to Nar Mattaru. They play death metal -- really suffocating atmosphere like Disma, Funebrarum, early Cianide or Grave Miasma. Problem was, the label they were on was run by some fellow Chilean who was a commercial fisherman and therefore people would contact him to buy the CD and they would never hear back because dude was on a boat half the year. I think I've met two people outside of Chile who managed to get the CD (one of them was kind enough to give me a copy).

Now, the label I, Voidhanger, who is a bit more serious about actually trading money for music, has the rights to the album and they've re-released the CD. http://www.i-voidhanger.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_yxgGTZwmo

I have returned! The election is over and I need some new metal (or slightly old metal that I missed in the last few months) to go along with the new snow on the ground and time in my life? Suggestions? I just got some of the more obvious ones, like new Anaal Nathrakh and Wintersun.

Also, fucking excited as hell to be going to my first MDF next year! Thanks, X-Ray, for all the timely notifications so I didn't completely forget.

I still haven't heard the new Wintersun. I'll eventually get there.

TL -- gods, I can't even remember the last time you posted in these threads, so apologies if I duplicate stuff from Before Politics. Not all of these are from 2012, but many are.

Heavy or Heavy/Scuzz Metal:

Zuul -- Out of Time

High Spirits -- Another Night

Superchrist -- Headbanger

XINR -- s/t

Satans Satyrs -- Wild Beyond Belief!

Christian Mistress -- Possession

Black or variants thereof Metal:

Mgla -- With Hearts Toward None

Antediluvean -- Through the Cervix of Hawwah

Antediluvean/Adversarial split -- Initiated in Impieties as Mysteries

Agatus -- The Weaving Fates

Tyrant -- Reclaim the Flame

Death Metal:

Ignivomous -- Contragenesis

Intestine Baalism -- An Anatomy of the Beast

Horrendous -- The Chills

Death Strike -- Fuckin' Death

Necrovation -- Breed Deadness Blood

Doom/Sludge Metal:

Ravens Creed -- Albion

Indesinence -- Vessels of Light and Decay

Lycus -- demo

Hi! Saw this thread and thought I'd make an appearance. My biggest favourite bands include Nightwish, Wintersun, Ensiferum, Children of Bodom, Tyr, Epica and Black Sabbath. Some other stuff I like is for example Kamelot, Turisas, Amorphis, Ozzy, Black Label Society, Tarot, Arch Enemy, Dark Moor and Dimmu Borgir. I'm kinda lazy checking out new bands most of the time, though, so I probably miss a lot of stuff that I would like.

the new wintersun is pretty awesome i will say.

I think so too. I like the first album a bit more, but the new one is still awesome, and a bit different. I also saw them in Helsinki last month, which was a really good show!

Oh yeah, and I wasn't kidding MC about Blasphemic Cruelty. They're energetic death/thrash out of Tampa.

http://www.metal-arc...elty/3540268325

yeah, real good stuff. i like it. you know my :love: for florida death.

I think so too. I like the first album a bit more, but the new one is still awesome, and a bit different. I also saw them in Helsinki last month, which was a really good show!

it is a really good album. i enjoy the ambiance of it, but i cannot understand why it needed to be a part one of two parts. certainly jari is not for working quickly in producing an album, yet waiting another year (at least) for the second part does not thrill me. hopes are that the second half has a quicker more 'spring/summer' feel to the slow and dark 'winter' feel of time 1.

Putting together my 2012 best of list is proving difficult, but I will prevail!

We are currently listening to Lycus demo (one of the only funeral doom bands I can tolerate) and Fester -- Silence (1994). I am really enjoying having a good turntable. It makes music a group endeavor.

Now into Cauldron Black Ram -- an Aussie DM band. Listening to the album Skulduggery. They are a DM or black-death band (depends on your definitions of such) and they sing about pirates. 'nuff said.

Now into Necrovation -- Breed Deadness Blood. Anyone who loves DM should check it out. Killer riffs.

Now into Cauldron Black Ram -- an Aussie DM band. Listening to the album Skulduggery. They are a DM or black-death band (depends on your definitions of such) and they sing about pirates. 'nuff said.

Speaking of Aussie metal - one of my favorite lesser-known bands, Be'Lakor, put out a

in 2012. Link is a sample.

Archived