Metal Thread VI: This One's For the OTTER

Xray the Enforcer

You won't be dissatisfied. I find myself throwing them on when I'm writing up process and documents for lower tier support at work. Something about good sludge/doom that gets me focused into the zone.

I do the same with Agalloch when I have to devote an afternoon to some especially nasty forecast modeling.

What is a good starting point for the Om-uninitiated?

I do the same with Agalloch when I have to devote an afternoon to some especially nasty forecast modeling.

What is a good starting point for the Om-uninitiated?

I really enjoy On The Mountain At Dawn, At Giza, and Sinai. All of their work on any album is a good listen but those three caught my attention the most.

My favorites are probably -

and
but as is common in this genre.. if you like/dislike one, you'll probably like/dislike all of it.

The newest album is a little different in that its not just drums, bass, and vocals. There's some other things going on in there, violin and piano and such. I still like it, though. But in general, if you like any of the linked ones (or the ones a wooden chair mentioned) then you like Om.

@ chair - I also find it great background music when I'm doing projects and stuff.

For those who love old-school heavy metal, check out the new Enforcer (what can I say, it's a proper band name! ;) ), which is streaming live here:

http://www.terrorize...enforcer-album/

Track 2 (really the first song on the album) just destroys in metal-anthem glory. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the album itself.

fucking cool.

despite my love of death and speed metals good solid traditional metal makes me a happy boy.

this is the kind of band that i want to bang my head to, sing along with and drink to.

speaking of traditional metal 3 inches of blood is touring again. they are with blackened death band goatwhore. i fucking love both of these bands! this is going to be a great show.

Om didn't quite do it for me. They're OK, but not my exact cup of tea.

The Enforcer album on the other hand kicked ass! It sounded a bit like my ca. 1990 rotation - a seamless meld of 80s Metallica, Maiden, Priest and Megadeth, with just a pinch of hairspray metal thrown in for good measure. I'll be picking this one up! :cheers:

Yeah, it's definitely a solid mix of speed metal and NWOBHM, but with that slight sprinkling of LA glam metal to make it totally catchy. Their previous two albums are similar, although purer in regards to subgenre -- one is more speed metal; the other NWOBHM. You should be able to pick this up wherever you find Nuclear Blast bands. -- it's out in the States in March, but released today in Europe.

I pre ordered the new Enforcer on iTunes...release date March 5th!

\m/

I'm now eagerly awaiting the US release of Cultes Des Ghoules new album Henbane. It's out in Europe as of last Thursday and it's sick, malevolent, creepy shit. It's technically black metal, but the approach is way more atmospheric (without being ambient).

I would like to report that upon listening to the new Enforcer album, Mr. X spontaneously grew a mullet and started air-drumming on the roof of the building. \m/

In case anyone happened to be thinking, "Oh, there goes Xray making up some crazy shit to say on the Internet," I would like to verify that this is exactly what happened, with one small exception. It was not a mullet, it was the wavy long hair look you get with a full can of the hairspray that comes in the pink can.

Also, I am now banned from our building's roof.

Archived