Metal Thread VI: This One's For the OTTER

Xray the Enforcer

The thing that worries me most is that I will be at my daughter's soccer tournament tomorrow when tickets go on sale.

I've downloaded the Ticketmaster app for my phone and will be attempting to purchase tickets using it. I've never used it before, so fingers are crossed that it works!

Good luck bro!

I would've gone just for Ensiferum alone if the tour had come within 500 miles of where I live. :crying:

Sorry, bud. But it's a wonderful consolation prize with the Maiden tickets. :)

8 bands for this show though... Jeez. Think I may skip a couple of the openers.

Next few months are gonna be great.

4/27 - Steven Wilson in Boston

4/28 - Opeth, Steven Wilson and Katatonia in Albany

6/15 - Intronaut, Mouth Of The Architect and Scale The Summit in Brooklyn

6/20 - Intronaut, Mouth Of The Architect and Scale The Summit in Boston

Then of course we have Cynic releasing a new album at some point being followed by a tour for sure. And I really want to try and make it to Cali in September to see Wardruna's first appearance in the States.

I also REALLY can't wait for the new Leprous album Coal.

My top 3 metal albums of 2013 so far:

Intronaut Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words With Tones)

Persefone Spiritual MIgration

Anciients Heart Of Oak

Wardruna's Runaljod - Yggdrasil is in my top 3 for 2013 so far, but it's not metal. I highly encourage you to check it out though if you are into folk and Norse mythology.

Sorry, bud. But it's a wonderful consolation prize with the Maiden tickets. :)

8 bands for this show though... Jeez. Think I may skip a couple of the openers.

Sounds like a great time regardless. And yeah! I'm stoked about finally seeing Maiden again. Will be my first time seeing them live since 2000. :)

Maiden announced two dates in brasil with motherfucking slayer. Wow.

Damn! Given the sheer volume and voracity of fans those two bands have in Latin America those shows will be insane.

ETA:

Well, I didn't get Maiden tickets. The soccer park I was at when tickets went on sale had shit cell service.

Oh well. At least I have really good seats for the Rush concert in a couple of weeks.

In related news, I want some of these stamps. Yay for Canada!

Hate you couldn't get tickets, OJ. My friend I asked to go says he wants to, but he's notoriously unreliable. If that falls through I'll let you know.

And grats on the Rush tickets! :cheers: Busy season at work is preventing me from attending that one.

Wardruna's Runaljod - Yggdrasil is in my top 3 for 2013 so far, but it's not metal. I highly encourage you to check it out though if you are into folk and Norse mythology.

I heard a sample of that last night, sounded like something I would ilke.

Wardruna is amazing - been a fan for awhile.

I've been "enjoying" (if one could call it that) the latest Aosoth album, which was released yesterday. It's very good, but not better than their previous, III. Now that is some audial destruction.

ETA: most recent show was Absu, which destroyed all comers. Next is probably Goatwhore, although I have a sneaking suspicion there's another show on the docket before then.

I went to Paganfest when it came to St. Paul. Due to a happy hour with non-metal friends first, I missed most of the opening acts, but I did make it for Ensiferum and Tyr. Both were great. I also made friends with a local metal band who will be opening for Intronaut in June. That was probably the best part of the night, as I don't really have any local metal friends.

I wanted to go see Absu tonight, but I stayed up all fucking night watching the shit in Watertown/Boston last night. I was just not feeling up to it tonight. Lame, I know. Even at 28 I really feel how my body just can't take the abuse it used to.

I've been wondering about that one. Amorphis are very hit and miss for me, and my first impression of the new record was "miss" although honestly I didn't spend a lot of time sampling it.

That's how I was. Their first single, "Hopeless Days" is awful, definitely the worst track on the album.

Check out "Narrowpath", my person fav off of Circles.

That's how I was. Their first single, "Hopeless Days" is awful, definitely the worst track on the album.

Check out "Narrowpath", my person fav off of Circles.

Yeah, that's the one I heard pre release! I will check out the other stuff now that it's available.

Leprous Tall Poppy Sundrome

This band is just too amazing.

Also, the new Amorphis has grown on me.

You know they have a new album coming out... next month I think? If it's half as good as Bilateral was, I'll be happy. That album quickly crawled its way to the top of my 'best of 2011' list.

I'm looking forward to the new Amorphis even if the first single wasn't that amazing. They always manage to succeed at making hooky, fun and catchy music so I have hope for this. I even really liked The Beginning of Times and apparently no one liked that one. ;)

New Altar of Plagues is out soon too. Apparently they took it in a more industrial metal and electronic direction. I have no idea how I feel about that but I'm interested I guess.

RIP Jeff Hanneman, he was only 49. :(

Haven't listened to Slayer regularly in a few years, but the unholy trinity of Reign/South/Seasons was a brilliant span of brutal thrash. I always preferred Hanneman's more measured approach vs. King's sometimes unweildy chaos. He also wrote "Angel of Death" which was arguably the band's singular masterpiece. RIP.

Archived