Most Satisfying End to The Lord of the Crossing

DornishHighlander

True. The Freys (and the Boltons) are set up as such perfectly evil antagonists, so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Here's my prediction: both families end up contributing significantly to the war against the Others and in return receive pardons from whoever's in charge at the end, out of political necessities. OR the older members of the family who committed the crimes all die over the course of the fighting, and in the end only innocent Freys and Boltons are left, and there will be a moral quandary about punishing sons for the sins of their fathers. That would be insanely frustrating, so that's probably what's going to happen. Sigh.

I think Roose will go run off to Esso, but even if he dies, Fat Walda will have given him a son by then.

True. The Freys (and the Boltons) are set up as such perfectly evil antagonists, so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Here's my prediction: both families end up contributing significantly to the war against the Others and in return receive pardons from whoever's in charge at the end, out of political necessities. OR the older members of the family who committed the crimes all die over the course of the fighting, and in the end only innocent Freys and Boltons are left, and there will be a moral quandary about punishing sons for the sins of their fathers. That would be insanely frustrating, so that's probably what's going to happen. Sigh.

No. It ends with blood. It ends when the twins are cracked open, so the sun can shine on the maggots and the worms within. It ends with the utter ruin of Walder Frey and all his works.

His death has to be the result of a personal betrayal.

One of his sons or Edmures wife (forgetting her name at the moment) has to betray him and he has to see it.

As long as he sees and feels betrayed however he dies is fine with me.

i think he will die peacufully. However, after his death the downfall of the freys will start. They will fight for the crossing, and we already saw how many of them is hungry for power. Also the outlaws of lady stoneheart will kill many of them...The boltons are also in a sticky situatio. i think even roose knows, that after his death his work will collapse. even if they defeat stannis(but this won't happen) the northern lords would never bend their knees to a sadistic maniac, like ramsay..

No. It ends with blood. It ends when the twins are cracked open, so the sun can shine on the maggots and the worms within. It ends with the utter ruin of Walder Frey and all his works.

They will Never be a great big Frey BBQ!

A Few in a Pie, a Few in a pig Sty

Some in a boat, some will get choked

A Frey will hang, A Frey in a Bang

one with a sword, one with a cord

and Late Lord Frey will die in his bed, knowing he has no Heirs....

He realizes all his heirs are dying off so in a last ditch effort he takes his teen wife to bed and plans to have another son, but realizing now that he is impotent...

dun dun dun.....

Also Nymeria rips his throat out.

Or maybe he dies of the pox.

Or maybe Black Walder decides to get an earlier inheritance, but then Wwalder wold be like: Im so proud, I taught them well.

I often imagined that once Arya returns to Westeros she'll try to make her way north. On the way she'll meet up with Nymeria & Co., and they'll all make a little visit to the Twins. She ought to be an expert in sneaking around in the dark and infiltration by that point, and all she'd have to do is wait until the Freys are tucked in for the night, open the postern gate, call the wolfies, and step aside. Then, while the wolfies are having a late-night snack upstairs she can go down to the dungeons and let the hostages free, if they're still there . . . :laugh: Then Arya and her doggies can congratulate themselves on a job well done and head on North at dawn.

A girl can dream, can't she???

• 4 weeks later...

He will be forced to watch the BWB butcher all of his offsrping and then he will be killed slowly by LS.

I wonder whether LS will also murder Edmure's kid. It will be ironic if the kid lives and grows up to rule both Riverrun and the Crossing,

What I'd do is get a massive army and sit outside the Twins. Then send word to everyone inside that everyone who took part in the RW is to be hanged from the walls of the castle. If that happens, all the others inside will be free to go with everything they can carry, although titles etc will be stripped and The Twins will be demolished afterwards. If it doesn't happen The Twins are being destroyed and everyone wiped out.

i think he will die peacufully. However, after his death the downfall of the freys will start. They will fight for the crossing, and we already saw how many of them is hungry for power. Also the outlaws of lady stoneheart will kill many of them...The boltons are also in a sticky situatio. i think even roose knows, that after his death his work will collapse. even if they defeat stannis(but this won't happen) the northern lords would never bend their knees to a sadistic maniac, like ramsay..

what was it that maestar aemons father (grandfather?) told him once? too many dragons are just as troublesome as too few? i think we're seeing the same logic applies to weasels

In the epilogue to ASOS, Merrett Frey reflects that Walder is the only force keeping the Freys together. Once he dies, the family will implode. Jaime is seeing the same thing in AFFC. The heirs are either dumber than a bag of wet hair (Ryman) or ruthless (Black Walder) or both. Merrett says that once Walder is dead, Ryman is bound to turn out many of his relatives to fend for themselves; many are bound to end up on opposing sides. Add to this that everyone in the Seven Kingdoms now hates their guts and the Freys are going to drag one another down like crabs in a bucket; they will turn on one another and what is left of them will be killed by Stark loyalists, sent to the Wall or the Silent Sisters with maybe a few innocents like Roslin remaining.

The Boltons are also set to implode; Ramsay is a huge liability to Roose by now, he has absolutely nobody on his side but his little band of scummy friends and everyone in the North wants to kill him. I would love to see a painful and hideous karmic death for him, like him being torn limb from limb by Nymeria. Roose is also widely distrusted if not hated by now, Northerners want him for a turncloak, Ramsay wants him (or at least his wife and any unborn children) dead, those who he thinks are on his side (Lady Dustin and others) might well be waiting to turn their cloaks; Roose probably won't last long.

Even if they prove to be some kind of heroes in the battle against the Others, enough human beings now have it in for the Freys and Boltons that I doubt they'll be alive, pardoned and happy at the end. With the Freys and Ramsay, it's not just that they are bad people, it's that they broke sacred laws against hospitality and kinslaying (Roose knows that Ramsay poisoned Domeric even if no-one else does; if Barbrey Dustin knows or finds out, she will probably help to do Ramsay in, as she loved Domeric like her own child apparently). The "kinslayer" facts will be against them; this is something that is actually against Divine laws, not just human.

I think LS won't show mercy and she already turnd the BWB to her execution army so the Freys will die no matter if innocent or not and I doubt anybody would help them even their ally despise them.

In the end Walder Freys line will most likely end with all his offspring dead. There is a crackpot theory that Old Nan is his (Bastard?)Sister, so Hodor could be the Lord of the Crossing in the end as last one with Freyblood

:rofl:

This!

Archived