Most Satisfying End to The Lord of the Crossing

DornishHighlander

Lord Walder sits on his seat to watch one of his sons kill the rest of his heirs in a take over attempt. After that's done and he only has one son left, that son is killed by Stoneheart. Then he is removed from his throne and made to sit on a small chair to watch the next part.

Jeyne Westerling climbs onto his seat and gives birth to Robb's heir in the chair. Walder is then taken to a room where he will live out the rest of his days as a prisoner in the Stark Castle,

Yup thats the one

I want him to die of old age, but not until he has seen every single one of his heirs either die or disown the Frey name.

I want him to find himself alone in his castle. After everyone from the maester to the guards to the maids have either left or been killed, to realize that for all his scheming and ambition his entire life has amounted to nothing other then the complete destruction of House Frey.

i dont think freys are that evil. walder was ready to take revenge against starks coz he got support from lannister. why we always need to look from stark POV. robb betrayed him and didnt live to his words of marrying his grand daughter and he paid the price. if robb was married to roslin then freys wuld have been in good terms with starks and had alliance with starks.

Um, is this a "troll" attempt? Or if a friend dares to break a promise to you do you generally invite him, his family and all his other friends over for a bit of sup-n-slaughter? Because that's just evil. No matter what POV you look through.

I want Walder Fray to witness EVERY last kin of his slaughtered as he sits helpless, than the twins should be sat on fire with wildfire just destroyed. Than I want Walder Fray Jr chopped off so no more breeding is done by that evil piece of shyt and than I want him thrown out in the cold winter and people shunning him cause he is a Fray so he can freeze to death or hunted by Nymeria's other pack whatever works

Famine in the Seven Kingdoms oddly ceases to be a thing. All the smallfolk in the riverlands and other parts of the south seem to well fed. Septon Maribald remarks how a young boy goes from town to town hailing "HOT PIES! GET YOUR HOT PIES CHEAP!" And the smallfolk are more than pleased to pay the small price of a penny for large meat pies. A young father in Maidenpool had this to say: "Boy brought the pies in and my family was able to eat for a week! I haven't tasted such wonderful pies since early summer! Praise be to the pie!"

Sadly, there was very little if anything to be heard from the Twins. Edmure Tully remarks: "Lord Walder Frey and his kin haven't been heard from in some time. We suspect the wolves had something to do with it. No great loss as far as I'm concerned."

Meanwhile, in White Harbor, Lord Wyman Manderly enjoys a nice meat pie with a very wry grin.

There has to be some kind of poetic justice for his end to be satisfying. Being killed by the Boltons or Lannisters would make the most sense...being betrayed by the ones he plotted with to kill the Starks. This is problematic though, as the Boltons have their hands full with the chaos going on inside of Winterfell and the imminent arrival of Stannis and his frozen army. House Lannister seems headed for utter ruin too, with Cersei back in charge at the Red Keep (the most self-destructive character in Westeros) Kevan dead and Jamie riding off to his assumed demise.

Maybe being killed by one of his own would be fulfilling, as all Freys (in my books) are treacherous dogs.

I also like the idea of Tyrion returning and killing him somehow. Maybe that's the Lannister angle...

i dont think freys are that evil. walder was ready to take revenge against starks coz he got support from lannister. why we always need to look from stark POV. robb betrayed him and didnt live to his words of marrying his grand daughter and he paid the price. if robb was married to roslin then freys wuld have been in good terms with starks and had alliance with starks.

Still that does not make violating the guest right acceptable

I wouldn't say that's a rule. The Tickler, Janos Slynt, and MMD got what they deserve.

True. The Freys (and the Boltons) are set up as such perfectly evil antagonists, so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Here's my prediction: both families end up contributing significantly to the war against the Others and in return receive pardons from whoever's in charge at the end, out of political necessities. OR the older members of the family who committed the crimes all die over the course of the fighting, and in the end only innocent Freys and Boltons are left, and there will be a moral quandary about punishing sons for the sins of their fathers. That would be insanely frustrating, so that's probably what's going to happen. Sigh.

Archived