Oberyn Martell-Who Should Play The Red Viper Of Dorne ?

Flaming Heart

The more I think about it the more I like Manu Bennett for the Red Viper.

1.) Oded Fehr

2.) Manu Bennett

3.) Cliff Simon

1 and 2 could be interchangeable for me at this point.

I definitely like Oded Fehr. He seems perfect, just the right age.

Ser Areo Mace - Is Manu Bennett as tall as that? I thought he was about 5'6". Must be that they just otherwise used really tall actors generally in Spartacus. There's a nightclub I used to hate going to, because most of the guys who'd turn up there were over six feet, and I'm 5'9" or 5'10"; compared with the crowd, I felt really short and back then was a stone and a half lighter, so I wouldn't chance it there talking to girls. Back on topic, I got the impression in the third novel that Oberyn was the same height as me, tallish, but just averagely so, appearing maybe slightly taller on account of his slender build.

Ser Areo Mace - Is Manu Bennett as tall as that? I thought he was about 5'6". Must be that they just otherwise used really tall actors generally in Spartacus. There's a nightclub I used to hate going to, because most of the guys who'd turn up there were over six feet, and I'm 5'9" or 5'10"; compared with the crowd, I felt really short and back then was a stone and a half lighter, so I wouldn't chance it there talking to girls. Back on topic, I got the impression in the third novel that Oberyn was the same height as me, tallish, but just averagely so, appearing maybe slightly taller on account of his slender build.

The 6'2" may be a number that got stuck in my head from the Height Hierarchy thread. I always got the impression that he was around Jaime's height, which I believe is some where between 6'0" and 6'3" (basically NCW's own height).

Yeah, I'm definitely throwing in my vote in for Amr Waked as Oberyn. And whoever suggested Omar Sharif as Doran was a smart cookie. It's really too bad he's not younger. Although literally all he'd have to do as Doran is sit in a chair and act, the travelling and conditions would most likely be hard on him. Not to mention, he could die any day now.

amr waked -- fingers crossed!

speaking of hbo legends: i kept seeing eamonn walker's (kareem said from oz) eyes and fire in oberyn. though he is too big and too dark and just plain wrong for how it is written. if it by some chance could happen i for one would be ecstatic.

I agree. But he turned down offer to play Mance last year.

I think he may still be interested in picking up a role on GOT

"I was offered something on 'Game of Thrones' and unfortunately, I hadn't seen it, but my nephew and his father said, 'Gosh, "Game of Thrones" is the only great show on!' And I felt terrible, because I'd just turned them down," West said.

Onna - Javier Bardem could carry this role off brilliantly, though he's physically not the image I have in my head, if HBO could afford to bring him on board.

IKR. I'm glad someone agrees. Ever since I found out Dorne was inspired by Moorish Spain I have imagined him as a handsome, burly Spaniard.

Archived