More Small Questions, Really?

Angalin

IMO, LF BELIEVES he did, but it was actually Lysa who snuck into his bed. LF tells the story of how he deflowered Cat. Later, Lysa tells a story that seems to match LF's, except instead of Cat going to his bed, she goes, and lets him believe she is Cat.

ETA:: Ninja'd lol

Alright. So, I am rereading Dance with Dragons for the umpteeth time. This time, I decided to read the individual character chapters only. Like, only reading Theon's chapters from the whole book, then going back reading only Davos' chapters and so on.

I have some things I am still unsure about, and whether or not the true answer can be deducted through the most current book.

1) Is Arnolf Karstark truly on Stannis or Bolton's side? Supposedly he has fealty towards Stannis, but Ramsay was saying something about him being on the Boltons' side?? So he's a turncloak?

2) Was it Mors Umber and his crew that were banging those drums outside of Winterfell even though the Boltons thought it was Stannis' army coming for them?

3) Where are the three Freys Wyman Manderly had treated with at White Harbor? It was Rhaegar, jared, and some other one I forgot. He said they were to meet up at the wedding? I'm assuming Manderly meant the wedding between ramsey and fake arya, or was it the wedding between one of the freys and Manderly's granddaughters?

I also have difficulty seeing who the Boltons have as true house allegiances. Whoresbane looks like he's only with them b/c he wants Greatjon back. Manderly is bidding his time till he gets some Frey bloodbath and/or for Davos to get Rickon back as lord of winterfell so he can declare for Stannis. What about the rest of the northern houses? Why are they with the Boltons?

3) Where are the three Freys Wyman Manderly had treated with at White Harbor? It was Rhaegar, jared, and some other one I forgot. He said they were to meet up at the wedding? I'm assuming Manderly meant the wedding between ramsey and fake arya, or was it the wedding between one of the freys and Manderly's granddaughters?

Those three Freys sure did meet up (or should that be 'meat' up) with Manderly at the wedding - they met up with the inside of Manderly's (and everyone elses) bellies.

Those three Freys sure did meet up (or should that be 'meat' up) with Manderly at the wedding - they met up with the inside of Manderly's (and everyone elses) bellies.

Hmm. I think I might've missed that part in the reading. Or maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to what they were eating. They were pies?

Alright. So, I am rereading Dance with Dragons for the umpteeth time. This time, I decided to read the individual character chapters only. Like, only reading Theon's chapters from the whole book, then going back reading only Davos' chapters and so on.

I have some things I am still unsure about, and whether or not the true answer can be deducted through the most current book.

1) Is Arnolf Karstark truly on Stannis or Bolton's side? Supposedly he has fealty towards Stannis, but Ramsay was saying something about him being on the Boltons' side?? So he's a turncloak?

Yes, he's a turncoat. He declared for Stannis to encourage the Lannisters to execute Harrion Karstark who is currently a prisoner and has the best claim to Karhold. After that is Alys Karstark, who he wants to force to marry to his son. He's planning on betraying Stannis as soon as they fight with Bolton.

Spoiler for the Winds of Winter sample chapter:

Stannis is alerted to this and arrests him

2) Was it Mors Umber and his crew that were banging those drums outside of Winterfell even though the Boltons thought it was Stannis' army coming for them?

Yes, they got seperated ahead of the main part of Stannis' army and made it to Winterfell. They are the ones who grab Theon and Jeyne after they jump from Winterfell.

They were going to the Ramsay wedding. Manderly had them captured, killed, and baked into pies. It's never stated outright but there are plenty of clues.

I also have difficulty seeing who the Boltons have as true house allegiances. Whoresbane looks like he's only with them b/c he wants Greatjon back. Manderly is bidding his time till he gets some Frey bloodbath and/or for Davos to get Rickon back as lord of winterfell so he can declare for Stannis. What about the rest of the northern houses? Why are they with the Boltons?

He doesn't have much real support. Houses seem to be supporting him because he's the only game in town. Once Rickon shows up, or his role in the Red Wedding is exposed he's pretty screwed.

I missed all of the clues about the Frey Pies. Does anyone know what some of them were?

There are three Freys that go missing: Rhaegar, Jared and Symond. There are three giant meat pies presented at the wedding.

When he was drunk at Ramsay's wedding:

"We should have a song about the Rat Cook," he was muttering.

The Rat Cook killed the King's son in revenge for a wrong the King supposedly did to him. The King was unaware of this however as he ate and praised the taste and asked for a second piece. The gods, angry because the cook had slain a guest beneath his roof, cursed the cook and transformed him into a massive rat who was doomed to be unable to eat anything but his own young.

From this story we have people made into pies and served to their relatives, and punishment for violating guest right, which the Freys did.

I just want to add to the list of clues his conversation with Davos. Manderly tells him about how he would give the three Freys guest presents (to signify that the guest right protection period has ended). He asks whether Davos knows about this custom, Davos affirms, Manderly says "Then maybe you will understand", all but openly announcing he would attack the Freys. Of course without the clues Fire Eater mentioned you would not know exactly what was done to them, but it's clear already that he has some sinister intentions towards them.

how longs this summer lasted?

I'm not sure, but I think 10 years at beginning of GOT.

IIRC one of Stark children says that he have seen winter but was to young to remember I don't recall if was Jon or Bran, if was Jon so the last winter was 10 years before the start of GOT, if was Bran than 6 years, but I may have imagined this hole thing.

I'm not sure, but I think 10 years at beginning of GOT.

IIRC one of Stark children says that he have seen winter but was to young to remember I don't recall if was Jon or Bran, if was Jon so the last winter was 10 years before the start of GOT, if was Bran than 6 years, but I may have imagined this hole thing.

I thought that, i was just thinking how badly winter would effect the south/ if it'd would reach there and i remember Sam telling Jon he'd never seen snow, so maybe it wont. I'd be dissapointed in this since a big thing has been made of winter coming...........

I thought that, i was just thinking how badly winter would effect the south/ if it'd would reach there and i remember Sam telling Jon he'd never seen snow, so maybe it wont. I'd be dissapointed in this since a big thing has been made of winter coming...........

It was stated that the last winter was very mild, maybe that's why Sam doesn't know snow.

And (probably) the winter is not so bad in the south for two reasons:

They doesn't get much snow and they can sell food to the others regions, making a good profit.

Archived