More Small Questions, Really?

Angalin

lol, but you get me, right? I mean...it's a big man. Alone, it's a man.

Do they mean a big man type of giant or the giants of this world? If it is the second, then I guess they draw a sasquatch-like creature because that is what their giants look like.

Do they mean a big man type of giant or the giants of this world? If it is the second, then I guess they draw a sasquatch-like creature because that is what their giants look like.

It's not the kind of distinction that imo shows up well on a banner, and all the pics I see just look like a lumberjack.

It's kinda like having a direwolf as your sigil, as opposed to a wolf. I know the head's supposed to be relatively smaller...but really?

It's not the kind of distinction that imo shows up well on a banner, and all the pics I see just look like a lumberjack.

It's kinda like having a direwolf as your sigil, as opposed to a wolf. I know the head's supposed to be relatively smaller...but really?

Like in all the drawings of dinosaurs, just pencil in the outline of a man for size comparison. Easy.

Seriously though, the banner as shown on the wiki uses a neat trick: Change the perspective so that you look at the figure from significantly below. So it's obviously much larger than you are (unless you're lying on the ground).

Still, at the end of the day I guess you have to know / expect to see a giant, otherwise you might indeed end up seeing a lumberjack on their banners.

The only one I've seen is on the wiki and it is pretty lame, it does just look like a lumberjack. Apparently the Umber's giant is supposed to be wearing a 'skin', but in the drawing on the wiki they have interpreted that as some sort of belted jacket. And they have given him boots too, to make things worse.

Why did Stannis ordered Maester Cressen to wear jester's helm. It is something even Robert would not do. He humaliated the man who raised him for nothing. He is not good with laughing, he has no grudge to the maester so why did he do that. It was one of the saddest moments i have ever read.

Can someone please explain how exactly Joffrey was poisoned?

I know that a jewel in Sansa's hair piece contained the poison. I know the Queen of Thorns (QoT) took the poison off of Sansa under the guise of adjusting Sansa's hair at the sept. What I don't understand is how the poison got from the QoT into Joffrey's giant wine cup hours later at the feast. Especially since the giant wine cup was sitting next to Tyrion when the poison was delivered and nowhere close to the QoT. I also don't understand why they would waste time sewing the poison into Sansa's hair piece when the QoT could have just as easily hid the jewel on her clothes.

What am I missing here?

I know that a jewel in Sansa's hair piece contained the poison. I know the Queen of Thorns (QoT) took the poison off of Sansa under the guise of adjusting Sansa's hair at the sept. What I don't understand is how the poison got from the QoT into Joffrey's giant wine cup hours later at the feast. Especially since the giant wine cup was sitting next to Tyrion when the poison was delivered and nowhere close to the QoT. I also don't understand why they would waste time sewing the poison into Sansa's hair piece when the QoT could have just as easily hid the jewel on her clothes.

What am I missing here?

You are missing that Garlan and Margaery are adjacent to the chalice when it is by Tyrion. The purpose of the hairnet is to involve Sansa in the crime - probably as punishment since they couldn't get her married to Willas.

What am I missing here?

I don't know how either, but they went to the trouble of having Sansa wearing the hairnet to have a escape goat, if something went wrong someone would suggest that the poison crystal supposed to look like amethysts and Cersei would jump to the conclusion or something like that.

I have difficulty remembering and I am maybe kind of mixing up AFFC and ADWD. What happened first (chapter-wise, not timeline-wise) - Sam finding out about the wildling baby swap at the Wall, or Tyrion finding out about the Aegon baby swap on the boat?

Sam chapters was in AFFC and Tyrion in ADWD so, chapter wise, Sam.

Archived