Jaime Lannister to kill Roose Bolton

houseHB

The Lannisters are currently in an alliance with the Boltons and Freys. We all know that Jaime is on a path of redemption, well what if Jaime finds out before Roose Bolton killed Robb he said to Robb "Jaime Lannister sends his regards"? He survives his encounter with Lady Stoneheart and the BWB and decides to head to Winterfell where he encounters Rickon and Davos along the way. Jaime swore a vow to protect Catelyn's children, what if he helps Davos smuggle Rickon into Winterfell? The Boltons would let Jaime into Winterfell without question since the Boltons and Lannisters are in a alliance. I would find it ironic the way that Roose would die is if Jaime were to walk into Winterfell and walk up to Roose and say Jaime Lannister does send his regards and puts his sword through Roose.

I find that kinda lame. Even though Jaime is redeeming himself, he's not doing it for the Starks or anyone else, he's just doing what is right for a knight to do and what is best for the King, his son, which he swore to protect. I don't think he'd kill Roose just to redeem himself or his family in the eyes of Catelyn, especially in the condition she's in.

I don't care for this. Most satisfying would be a Stark killing Roose. If (big if) the Hooded Man is Benjen it could work out that way. Most ironic would be Ramsay, to speed up the succession. Just before Fat Walda poisons him.

I really don't see Jaime active in the North at all.

Well this might happen and here is my theory.

What if lady stoneheart captures Brienne on their return and asks Jaime to kill Roose in order to save her.

Roose wont suspect Jaime if he gets near him and Jaime can get it done in order to save Brienne who he secretly loves.

What would the point of that be

IDK, and it seems very OOC for Roose, too impulsive and too iffy. What if Jaime blames Bolton for not preventing it?? He's screwed. Not as cunning as Roose usually seems to be.

Not that I don't find Jaime killing.... anyone appealing. Especially either of the Boltons.

IDK, and it seems very OOC for Roose, too impulsive and too iffy. What if Jaime blames Bolton for not preventing it?? He's screwed. Not as cunning as Roose usually seems to be.

Not that I don't find Jaime killing.... anyone appealing. Especially either of the Boltons.

It's just an instinct I have based on his conversation with Theon in ADWD about how the Lannisters are a spent force. Crippling Jaime was a huge part of that. Why not take the opportunity to weaken them? He knows that he is only getting a fake Arya, while the Lannisters hold Sansa. He probably suspects that they may try to take the North for themselves at some point. It seems like the sort of long game that he plays.

It's just an instinct I have based on his conversation with Theon in ADWD about how the Lannisters are a spent force. Crippling Jaime was a huge part of that. Why not take the opportunity to weaken them? He knows that he is only getting a fake Arya, while the Lannisters hold Sansa. He probably suspects that they may try to take the North for themselves at some point. It seems like the sort of long game that he plays.

Mmm, maybe, but I think he would see that as too minor to have Tywin enraged at him. Risk/Benefit analysis doesn't hold it up, unless there's something we don't know.

Crippling Jaime hasn't weakened the Lannisters nearly as much as Tywin's murder, though, which Roose couldn't have predicted

Archived