Confessions...Say What?! V.6

Florina Laufeyson

Actually, I think Tyrion is one of the few people with a correct assessment of Cersei's skills as a player of the game of thrones. He knows that she's cunning, and that's what he fears most about her. But he also knows that she's quick-tempered and proud, both of which cloud her judgement and ruin her cunning. He uses this knowledge to his advantage.

As it stands, Cersei also has a correct assessment of Tyrion's skills. She knows that he's cunning, but he talks too much. She uses this to her advantage during his trial.

While I can agree with this to a certain extent, I still get the feeling he overestimated her. I can't really give a specific example, it's more of an impression I get when reading some of his thoughts regarding her.

In the first three books I thought she was a competent player who could hold her own, but AFFC shattered that opinion. Maybe she was a good player and it was Joffrey's death that pushed her over the edge to become the train wreck she was in AFFC, but I guess we'll never know.

I think the "rethinking Sansa" threads are garbage. She is a pawn and should stay a pawn.

I hope Littlefinger "wins" (w/e it is hes after.)

I went on and on how awesome Danny is to my husband (who did not read the books but watches the show) Then I got too ADwD and now I'm embarrassed.

I hope Varys gets his penis back LOL

I actually like Ramsay. He's cruel, but he's fun. I usually like evil characters in most stories and Ramsay is completely black, there's nothing grey on him. He's obviously not a person I'd like to hang around IRL, obviously, but I like him as a character. I still want Stannis to kick his ass though. If it was any other king, like Balon, Renly or Robb, I'd be rooting for Roose & Ramsay. But it's Stannis, and King Stannis is my God.

Actually, in many cases, the villains are every bit as popular as the hero. I see a lot of stage performances, and it is amazing how the "villain" gets a standing O along with hero; for instance, Scar in the Lion King, the Phantom in Phantom of the Opera, Javert in Les Miserables, Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett, The Thenardier's in Les Miserables, Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West in Wicked, Fagin and Bill Sykes in Oliver!, and more.

Also, how many women thought Hannibal Lecter sexy? Even Agent Starling was mesmerized by him. So there is a lot to say for villain appeal. And, Martin has truly created good villains, which I can appreciate as an avid reader.

Actually, in many cases, the villains are every bit as popular as the hero. I see a lot of stage performances, and it is amazing how the "villain" gets a standing O along with hero; for instance, Scar in the Lion King, the Phantom in Phantom of the Opera, Javert in Les Miserables, Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett, The Thenardier's in Les Miserables, Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West in Wicked, Fagin and Bill Sykes in Oliver!, and more.

Also, how many women thought Hannibal Lecter sexy? Even Agent Starling was mesmerized by him. So there is a lot to say for villain appeal. And, Martin has truly created good villains, which I can appreciate as an avid reader.

Ramsay isn't really that kind of villain though. That's more like a Roose or a Littlefinger. Maybe even a Tywin. At least in my opinion. Ramsay's cruelty has no undercurrent of charisma, it's just gross.

Ramsay isn't really that kind of villain though. That's more like a Roose or a Littlefinger. Maybe even a Tywin. At least in my opinion. Ramsay's cruelty has no undercurrent of charisma, it's just gross.

I have to agree. There are a lot of villains (books, movies, plays, comics, cartoon and game) that I enjoy.

There's even more that I personally dislike but can understand why they are liked by others.

But Ramsay?

Nothing likable about him, no Magnificent Bastard tendencies . . .

There's nothing to like / appreciate about him.

I have to agree. There are a lot of villains (books, movies, plays, comics, cartoon and game) that I enjoy.

There's even more that I personally dislike but can understand why they are liked by others.

But Ramsay?

Nothing likable about him, no Magnificent Bastard tendencies . . .

There's nothing to like / appreciate about him.

:agree: Oh - you are so right. He does not sing the "music of the night" like the phantom. Has he been cast yet? If they cast against character, he may be suave and good looking - the way they cast Brienne as a far more beautiful than Martin's Brienne. I hope they are true to Ramsay - oh, yes, they did cast him. Isn't he in Season 2? I have to watch it again because I have been more focused on the books. HBO frustrated me with some of their deviations from the story.

I hope they show how truly evil he is, and his father is no better. Roose stabbed Robb. May a house drop on them both, I say! :ack:

They cast him with a pretty compelling actor, if the rumors about who he's playing are true (they have been sort of mysterious about it). It actually makes me nervous, as I really don't want to see a charming version of Ramsay. If this character ends up with fangirls, I will not be happy; I don't care that it's an "adaptation."

They cast him with a pretty compelling actor, if the rumors about who he's playing are true (they have been sort of mysterious about it). It actually makes me nervous, as I really don't want to see a charming version of Ramsay. If this character ends up with fangirls, I will not be happy; I don't care that it's an "adaptation."

:agree: Exactly - He needs to be smarmy and dark - and they need to show just how disgusting he really is. Even though I do not like tons of blood and violence, especially the gratuitous kind, I think they need to show his hunts and maybe imply his flaying - they do not have to actually show it.

He needs to be hated like the shark named Jaws, and have creepy theme music as well. When he dies, the audience wants to cheer. You know, come to think of it, the audience did cheer in Beauty and the Beast when Gaston falls off the castle wall? :dunno:

Now someone will probably say that they loved and sympathized with Jaws!

He already has fangirls; I've seen it on other sites. One girl said, and I quote, "I wouldn't mind if he flayed me!"

I just... Yeah.

He already has fangirls; I've seen it on other sites. One girl said, and I quote, "I wouldn't mind if he flayed me!"

I just... Yeah.

Eh, it's the internet-everyone has fans. I recall a Gregor Clegane appreciation thread from a few months ago.

It's not really a confession but I think Ramsay's scary. I do hope they get him right on the TV show though. He's played by Iwan Rheon right?

I admit I like the villains of a story just as much as the heros, but peolpe like Gregor Clegane and Ramsay Snow/Bolton have no redeeming qualities at all.

Dig deep eh? I hope every single Lannister except Tommen and Myrcella die horribe deaths. I hope Valryia is rebuilt and spearheaded by a Targaryen and turned into a republic and all slaves are allowed refuge there. I hope Bran wargs and becomes the Great Other. I have more but I'll wait for future versions!

It's not really a confession but I think Ramsay's scary. I do hope they get him right on the TV show though. He's played by Iwan Rheon right?

I admit I like the villains of a story just as much as the heros, but peolpe like Gregor Clegane and Ramsay Snow/Bolton have no redeeming qualities at all.

Exactly. I've liked plenty of villains but there's just nothing to either of these characters; they have absolutely no moral ambiguity to be fascinated by. They're just despicable. Maybe that's my confession - I virtually never judge anyone for liking anything because taste is so personal and we often explore the unthinkable through these fantasy worlds as a means of catharsis or whatever, but I'm sorry - anyone who fangirls about Ramsay or Gregor in all seriousness, I judge. And I don't care that Theon, Jaime, and the Hound are my favorites. It's totally different! :)

I dislike Greatjon because he's an idiot and the scene where he got his fingers bitten only to become the most loyal Robb man as a result is so over the top. "King in the North" was a terrible idea.

Although I like Greatjon, "King in the North" was indeed a terrible idea.

Archived