Confessions...Say What?! V.6

Florina Laufeyson

I highly recommend the Addams Family portrait of the Lannisters that a fan made. I think it was posted on winteriscoming. The Jaime in it is amazing and is totally my mental image of him now. I think of Jaime too often to want to associate him with a real human being (NCW) b/c it would get pretty creepy.

I highly recommend the Addams Family portrait of the Lannisters that a fan made. I think it was posted on winteriscoming. The Jaime in it is amazing and is totally my mental image of him now. I think of Jaime too often to want to associate him with a real human being (NCW) b/c it would get pretty creepy.

You mean this one?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m94z9hhana1r55bmgo1_500.jpg

Yeah totally gonna picture Tywin like that forever now.

You mean this one?

http://25.media.tumb...55bmgo1_500.jpg

Yeah totally gonna picture Tywin like that forever now.

Yes exactly! It has been the background on my desktop since it came out. I love how cute little Tommen is, with his big sweet face... that looks more like Balerion the evil tomcat (except for having two eyes) than any of his kittens to me though. And who is the guy holding the skull? Qyburn? I can't figure that part out.

Yes exactly! It has been the background on my desktop since it came out. I love how cute little Tommen is, with his big sweet face... that looks more like Balerion the evil tomcat (except for having two eyes) than any of his kittens to me though. And who is the guy holding the skull? Qyburn? I can't figure that part out.

Pycelle? Always been a servant of House Lannister????

I didn't like him at first but now I do because of the show. Actually I have allowed the show to shape a few of my opinions about characters. I think that's a few too many.

Well, I am the same, started after S2, but I like TV Stannis more due to 2 reason:

1. He admitted his part in killing Renly.

2. Choking Melisandre (Not overly proud of this but I did)

Well, I am the same, started after S2, but I like TV Stannis more due to 2 reason:

1. He admitted his part in killing Renly.

2. Choking Melisandre (Not overly proud of this but I did)

I actually enjoyed #2 as well. She couldn't do anything and at that point proved her powerlessness outside her fire visions. Which unfortunately he felt that he still needed. Thanks for your thoughts! :cheers:

I'm baffled by the love Stannis gets for going North and for "justly" burning people alive . For the first, it's not like he had huge range of better options for staying alive/continuing his campaign. (Note: he was presented with and agreed to this option after burning Edric Storm was no longer an available option.) For the second, he's burning people alive and he's burning people alive for political expediency. He "doesn't enjoy it" is NOT a mitigating factor; it makes him arguably worse than Aerys, since insanity can reasonably be called a mitigating factor.

I'm 95% certain we'll find out Tyrion himself was behind Tysha's gang rape, an adolescent aping (made exponentially worse naturally) of Tywin's treatment of his father's mistress, similar to the way Joffrey's actions were frequently sociopathic funhouse mirror versions of Robert's.

*claps* That's the picture I uploaded actually on my tumblr. It's from this magnificent artist on devianart, who also drew this:

http://bubug.deviantart.com/#/d5ed0hb

And for the SanSan fans, this: http://bubug.deviantart.com/#/d5hpab6

It is Qyburn by the way.

The artist is brilliant and I adore her.

I'm baffled by the love Stannis gets for going North and for "justly" burning people alive . For the first, it's not like he had huge range of better options for staying alive/continuing his campaign. (Note: he was presented with and agreed to this option after burning Edric Storm was no longer an available option.) For the second, he's burning people alive and he's burning people alive for political expediency. He "doesn't enjoy it" is NOT a mitigating factor; it makes him arguably worse than Aerys, since insanity can reasonably be called a mitigating factor.

I'm 95% certain we'll find out Tyrion himself was behind Tysha's gang rape, an adolescent aping (made exponentially worse naturally) of Tywin's treatment of his father's mistress, similar to the way Joffrey's actions were frequently sociopathic funhouse mirror versions of Robert's.

I agree about Stannis. :)

It's so fascinating to me that so many people seem to see Stannis as a Ned Stark like figure. I consider him more in the Theon/Jaime/Hound category, or even a Tywin.

I think he is much more like Ned than Tywin. Like Ned, Stannis has noble goals and beliefs. What he differs from Ned is that he's pragmatic and takes questionable paths when it's the only option, instead of giving up because it's not honorable like Ned. He's a more "the ends justify the means" kind of guy. Tywin just doesn't care about anything and has absolutely no morals. He does what he does just to keep his power, while Stannis does what he does for his duty and for the realm.

I don't see anything of Theon, Jaime or Sandor in Stannis. These guys are just troubled guys that do wrong things because they either don't care or want to prove themselves. They don't do that for a greater good like Stannis does.

It's so fascinating to me that so many people seem to see Stannis as a Ned Stark like figure. I consider him more in the Theon/Jaime/Hound category, or even a Tywin.

Duty is all he had and considered unfailing and never false. His whole life has been a string of letdowns from people. Duty is an idea and a way of life and he can depend on it whereas he can't depend on people, with the exception of Davos.

Somehow I can't see Stannis ordering Shireen's husband butt-raped over and over again just to prove a point. =P

And yes, he could probably come up with a more humane method of execution than burning people, but if I had to pick, I'd rather be burned than, oh I don't know, crucified. *coughDanycoughcough*

Because Stannis's own allies can't trust him, Edric Storm will spend the foreseeable future in Essos, far from his home, family, and friends. Because Stannis's own allies can't trust him, Maester Aemon is dead. Because Stannis's own allies can't trust him, Gilly may never seen her own child again. Stannis ordered men burnt to death alive for the crime of cannibalism, despite the fact that he himself considered the possibility during the siege of Storm's End. Stannis is at least arguably a kinslayer. All of that is pretty much in Tywin territory for me.

eta: Not to mention the forced conversion of the Wildlings, which is basically tantamount to cultural genocide.

*claps* That's the picture I uploaded actually on my tumblr. It's from this magnificent artist on devianart, who also drew this:

http://bubug.deviantart.com/#/d5ed0hb

And for the SanSan fans, this: http://bubug.deviantart.com/#/d5hpab6

It is Qyburn by the way.

The artist is brilliant and I adore her.

Hahah i love the sign board next to Arya. VOTE THE YOUNG WOLF! and an advert for Ros. Makes me wonder if it was Sandor who carved those initials.....

This artist has an amazing style and this is fantastic!

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/247/5/0/under_the_heart_tree_by_bubug-d5djy64.jpg

Because Stannis's own allies can't trust him, Edric Storm will spend the foreseeable future in Essos, far from his home, family, and friends. Because Stannis's own allies can't trust him, Maester Aemon is dead. Because Stannis's own allies can't trust him, Gilly may never seen her own child again. Stannis ordered men burnt to death alive for the crime of cannibalism, despite the fact that he himself considered the possibility during the siege of Storm's End. Stannis is at least arguably a kinslayer. All of that is pretty much in Tywin territory for me.

eta: Not to mention the forced conversion of the Wildlings, which is basically tantamount to cultural genocide.

Yeah, but that's all for a greater good. These allies you say don't think about the big picture with those acts. Stannis believes in sacrificing the few to save the many, Jon and Davos do not, it seems. If both Tywin and Stannis kill a person each, but Stannis kills for self-defence and Tywin kills to steal his money, can you compare them with each other just because they killed someone? The reasons change everything.

About Renly, I think it was more an act of self defence. Renly would probaby have killed Stannis if he gave battle. One of them had to die and Stannis wasn't going to let a traitor win.

Yes, exactly. That's why I'm not all ZOMG STANNIS! about him coming north to aid the Wall and the Northern good guys. He's still burning people alive, and he doesn't seem to give a crap about it. I would need to go and re-read, but wasn't it Davos who convinced him to go to the Wall, and then Mel saw something in the flames?

Archived