What would happen to the Dreadfort if the Boltons get killed off?

TheCrannogDweller

You don't have to kill children to end a line/house.

The nights watch, the citadel, etc.

No but it's the easiest way. (I'm Listening to the Rains of Castamere as I type this) :cool4:

And while Ned would balk at murdering children. he had no issue dispossessing them. See what he offered to Cersei in the garden.

Not his brightest idea to be honest.

Well we had the Greystarks of the Wolfs Den and the Karstarks of the Karhold; now will have house Redstark of the Dreadfort (started by one of the Stark kids that remain after one of his/her siblings becomes lord of Winterfell again).

Boltons just be destroyed and forgotten as soon as possible and the Dreadfort must be cleaned up thoroughly ofcourse, no more skeletal hands on the walls. but direwolf gargoyles :bowdown:

Walda's kid will be half Bolton half Frey I can't see it surviving in the North, when Jon will become king he will exile her, though he will grant her some regular money for comfortable life and to keep from causing trouble. She had no more say about her marriage than "Arya."

As for Dreadfort, well it just happens that there is a castleless man with his own army around, a man who helped Jon to protect the Wall and with Ironborn and Boltons, a man who would make a better bannerman than king, a newcomer that won't upset power balance as someone from th North would. He just needs to bend his knee.

Dreadfort will go To Stannis.

Walda's kid will be half Bolton half Frey I can't see it surviving in the North, when Jon will become king he will exile her, though he will grant her some regular money for comfortable life and to keep from causing trouble. She had no more say about her marriage than "Arya."

As for Dreadfort, well it just happens that there is a castleless man with his own army around, a man who helped Jon to protect the Wall and with Ironborn and Boltons, a man who would make a better bannerman than king, a newcomer that won't upset power balance as someone from th North would. He just needs to bend his knee.

Dreadfort will go To Stannis.

Stannis becomes bannerman to the King in the North? Stannis, the rightful claimant to the Iron Throne? Stannis, whose knees do not bend?

I kinda don't think so.

I don't see anyone wanting a half Frey/half Bolton kid with any kind of power. Whoever rules the north when this is all over, either Jon or Bran but I think it'll be Bran, will give the castle to one of the many peoples of the north. The wildlings have to live somewhere and I wouldn't be opposed to Tormund getting it, but I don't think it'll be him.

This is farfetched but for some reason I think it'll be Theon. We know that Asha wants to ally with the north in exchange for Sea Dragon Point, and that she also wants to use Theon for a new Kingsmoot. If the ironborn prove themselves in the war and ask for land I can see Bran, or whoever, giving the lands to an ironborn they trust and who better than Theon? He'll keep the name Dreadfort but he'll start a new house called the Greystarks(Get it? :cool4:) and his sigil will be a grey wolf on a field of red(blood) and the house words would be....something cool and slightly depressing.

I think House Thenn is without a seat, due to being so newly founded. Unless they get a Night's Watch castle, Jon seems rather likely to give the Dreadfort to Alys Karstark. The Dreadfort and Karhold are also reasonably near each other, which might speak in favour of that arrangement.

I think House Thenn is without a seat, due to being so newly founded. Unless they get a Night's Watch castle, Jon seems rather likely to give the Dreadfort to Alys Karstark. The Dreadfort and Karhold are also reasonably near each other, which might speak in favour of that arrangement.

I think the Thenn is going to get the Karhold. The Karstarks in the ice cells on the wall aren't doing too well and Stannis knows that the Karstark men with him plan to turn on him, not too far into the next books I think that the Karstarks are going to be on the list of extinct houses.

I think the Thenn is going to get the Karhold. The Karstarks in the ice cells on the wall aren't doing too well and Stannis knows that the Karstark men with him plan to turn on him, not too far into the next books I think that the Karstarks are going to be on the list of extinct houses.

Those were the uncles. Harrion Karstark, who is by rights the new Lord of the House, is captive at Maidenpool, and still very much alive.

Furthermore Jon saved Alys, who tell us memories of good guys stark. She obviously got plot armor.

Most definitely to a Stark to initiate another cadet branch. It's seems the least loyal of northerners all hail from this area (Boltons and Karstarks). Another cadet line fresh from the main line to keep any would be Bolton supporters or Karstarks antagonistically inclined to House Stark securely in check. Would they be called Dreadstarks?

Most definitely to a Stark to initiate another cadet branch. It's seems the least loyal of northerners all hail from this area (Boltons and Karstarks). Another cadet line fresh from the main line to keep any would be Bolton supporters or Karstarks antagonistically inclined to House Stark securely in check. Would they be called Dreadstarks?

I've gotta say that Rickard Karstark was very loyal to the Starks.

Archived