Bran: Champion of "the Other"

I love the three pronged trident of existence that was suggested there. Fire, Life and Ice. It makes alot of sense. The question still remains who will be on what side? I would suggest that, as is touched on above, life (Humans, nature, COTF, relatively conventional life) will be caught in the middle of this all out war between fire and ice. And when this war becomes apparent, will men choose to fight for a side, be used by one or simply be caught in the middle. How do you try to achieve a balance of power when you're in the middle?

Also, why are all these theorys herasy when they make the most sense and should be the convention? (Just being extra heritcal for the craic :) ) Where is this herasy thread btw?

Oh and Black Crow, you ma hero! :D

I love the three pronged trident of existence that was suggested there. Fire, Life and Ice. It makes alot of sense. The question still remains who will be on what side? I would suggest that, as is touched on above, life (Humans, nature, COTF, relatively conventional life) will be caught in the middle of this all out war between fire and ice. And when this war becomes apparent, will men choose to fight for a side, be used by one or simply be caught in the middle. How do you try to achieve a balance of power when you're in the middle?

Also, why are all these theorys herasy when they make the most sense and should be the convention? (Just being extra heritcal for the craic :) ) Where is this herasy thread btw?

Oh and Black Crow, you ma hero! :D

This is the latesy Heresy Thread for you Tizer

• 8 months later...

Champion of the Great Other? No he will become the great other! :bowdown:

:cheers: Welcome to the forums!

But I'm pretty sure the CotF are opposed to the Others, just as men are. But Men won't work with the CotF anymore, so they have to wage a separate war. Bran will be one of the generals of that war.

Jon's secret that lies in the crypt... is his mother; he is not the bastard of Ned, but son of Lyanna sired by Rhaegar.

A union of the two blood lines, which are bound to Ice and Fire respectively, setting about the unfolding cataclysm; first with the downfall of the latter, a surge of the former, minions gathering, champions chosen, magic follows.

The irony - that by circumstances, Stannis becomes champion of Fire. Also ironic that Benjen is champion of Ice (and the Others) to balance Fire. Then Bran's destiny would be to bring about the end of both.

------ how is that for a theory?

Jon's secret that lies in the crypt... is his mother; he is not the bastard of Ned, but son of Lyanna sired by Rhaegar.

A union of the two blood lines, which are bound to Ice and Fire respectively, setting about the unfolding cataclysm; first with the downfall of the latter, a surge of the former, minions gathering, champions chosen, magic follows.

The irony - that by circumstances, Stannis becomes champion of Fire. Also ironic that Benjen is champion of Ice (and the Others) to balance Fire. Then Bran's destiny would be to bring about the end of both.

------ how is that for a theory?

It's certainly an interesting theory, but Stannis can't be champion of fire simply because he isn't Azor Ahai. Jon is the most likely candidate. Benjen being the leader of the Others.... I never liked this theory simply because there is not plausible way for this to happen, as the killed people reanimated as doen so into wights, not Others. So the champion of Ice either has to be a super powerful Other, or a live being CHOOSING to be the Night's King. Two likely candidates are Stannis and Ramsay. I have no idea what Bran will do, maybe he will just be an info pump to Jon as he fights the Others. Your theory is better than any of mine I can think of. Btw, welcome to the forums. :cool4: :cheers:

Its not my theory, so I can only try to say it right. (I stole if from some other thread) and its not a heresy theory.

Sansa powers seem different from the other children. They all seem to have more direct control over their wolves. Jon and Bran(and probley Rob and Rickon) seemed to control them with words, and then later with thoughts. Arya even seemed to do this as well, even when she was in Esso, she had wolf dreams.

Sansa even at the start, seemed different. Lady seemed to act off Sansa emotions rather then commands. While doing knitting, which Sansa enjoyed it, Lady was calm, relaxed. Arya did not like it and was fidgitting, and Nym wouldn't sit still, both wolves were put outside, and while Nym ran off, Lady waited for Sansa.

When Sansa was on the road to KL and the Hound and Ser Payne came up and scared Sansa, Lady seemed like she was about to attack. The same is true of the sick, toothless old dog that "mostly sleep". When She got scared it growled and barked at Marillion. Brune came because he heard the dog.

Maybe it is BS, but it has a ring of truth, and I like it.

I like this.

Another thing that completely passed me by before I found this forum, but it does seem to be intimated that the dog only reacted because it was Sansa.

GrrM has said that dragons are like fire-breathing dogs (paraphrasing, you know the quote better than I do I bet). So I think that dragons aren't bad or evil, but it's the way they are used. A sword isn't evil if Ramsay wields it, it's still Ramsay that's evil. The sword doesn't really have a say in what it does.

To quote the Great wisdom of Goldie Lookin' Chain.

"guns don't kill people,

Rappers do.

I seen a documentary on BBC2"

Archived