Rhaegar Targaryen

IlMentore96

But we would be seeing him (Rhaegar) in flashback so he wouldn't have to look the same age or older than them.

Rhaegar was still older than Dany currently is and almost equal to the age Viserys died at in almost every memory of him (He was around 22 at the tourney at Harrenhal and 23 around the kidnapping and 24 around his death, Viserys died at 23, so he must look at least as old as Harry Lloyd is and older than Emilia by a decent shot). The only two memories of a younger Rhaegar that we could witness are when he asked Willem Darry for a sword and armor, and when he first met Cersei at 17, but from what I understood, they're going to highlight the TaH so they're going to have to cast him old enough.

Rhaegar was still older than Dany currently is and almost equal to the age Viserys died at in almost every memory of him (He was around 22 at the tourney at Harrenhal and 23 around the kidnapping and 24 around his death, Viserys died at 23, so he must look at least as old as Harry Lloyd is and older than Emilia by a decent shot). The only two memories of a younger Rhaegar that we could witness are when he asked Willem Darry for a sword and armor, and when he first met Cersei at 17, but from what I understood, they're going to highlight the TaH so they're going to have to cast him old enough.

Understood from what?

Understood from what?

I watched a video with people from production I think, saying they will tell the whole story of the tourney. IDK if this will also include KotLT too. I'll try to find the link again.

Edit: they weren't people from production just the internet teams. Mibad. though I still think if they'll give flashbacks they'll focus on TaH, since it's where everything began for R+L=J.

Travis Fimmel. His eyes are almost purple on Vikings.

They've actually dropped the purple eyes bit for the show. There was some problem with the way the purple contact lenses looked or something like that. Can't remember where I read that. Might have been somewhere on this site.

To me the perfect cast would be Alex Pettyfer (I won't put links, just google search him, he's famos :) ). He's incredibly handsome, he doesn't look that huge like for example Chris Hemsworth, he's already blond, although he's a decent actor his career is going down so he wouldn't say no to a TV show and the cherry on top: he's British :)

It's interesting by the way, that in the 80s they were able to do an effect that makes eyes shine blue, but today, where such a technique would be cheaper than a cup of coffee, they are way too cheapskate to do that, yet bring in all the other shit, like expensive make and prosthetics to make a flayed man or show some gory wounds. Oh, or pay extra to have 20 nude girls bathing.

(In the film Dune, they had the eyes shine)

(In the film Dune, they had the eyes shine)

Sure, but blue, not purple :). They tried and they simply didn't like the way it looked and for the first 4 seasons they simply didn't need. They don't really bother thinking that far ahead...

blue or purple, who cares. I doubt purple would have cost a billion.

I just fucking hate that they cut out one of the most important things of asoiaf characters, their eye colours. GRRM always mentions eye colours as the first thing when a new character comes.

And they changed every eye colour.

Who cares about the eyes of Northeners or something, but at least have the ones of the most distinctive ones, the Targs.

They've actually dropped the purple eyes bit for the show. There was some problem with the way the purple contact lenses looked or something like that. Can't remember where I read that. Might have been somewhere on this site.

That is done in post-production?

The thing is...Travis has a strange eye color. Really...blue. What is interesting to me is the fact that they were able to make his eyes look even brighter, something GOT wasn't able to. That's why Dany and Viserys had no purple eyes.

The thing is...Travis has a strange eye color. Really...blue. What is interesting to me is the fact that they were able to make his eyes look even brighter, something GOT wasn't able to. That's why Dany and Viserys had no purple eyes.

They must be spending the effects budget on things like dragons, Others, and wildfire.

I'm still pulling for Thor...I mean Chris Hemsworth. Even though he's a longshot. Look at him in this picture: http://asset-c.soup.io/asset/3208/6515_c090_500.png

It was done as a joke, but it just says Rhaegar's flowing locks to me.

But if not him, how about Hiddleston? He can totally do melancholy prince. http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/00/30/e3/0030e3c1c09fb87b3596f21cca96a32f.jpg

I'm still pulling for Thor...I mean Chris Hemsworth. Even though he's a longshot. Look at him in this picture: http://asset-c.soup.io/asset/3208/6515_c090_500.png

It was done as a joke, but it just says Rhaegar's flowing locks to me.

I think the build/face combo he is perfect for the character. But I doubt we'll ever see the character, save for a film.

Archived