Theories that are (as far as the board is concerned) are fact that you disagree with

JaegrM

The Only R + L for me is Renly And Loras.

*stamps foot petulantly*

"I may be just a young girl and know little of the ways of Westerosi Politics, Jon Snow, but I'm pretty sure boning your Auntie is Not Cool."

So much this. M.M.D. in particular. I think its pretty clear she's full of shit and is just trash talking Dany while she's got her down and has pulled one over on her. Especially her insinuation that Dany is now barren after the stillbirth of Rhaego. Yet so often it seems, at least to me, her word is taken at face value as stone-cold lead pipe prophetic lock. Given the situation I think MMD's words are especially windy.

I thought this from book one too. I mean seriously? she knows she's going to be murdered. She killed both this woman's child and her husband, so what's she got to lose by feeding her some cryptic bullshit?

I didnt even think of R+L=J til i came here, guess i assumed good old ned had a soldiers moment.

Finally the whole incest Targaryen thing creeps me the hell out. Incest is not WINcest ppl. - Lannisters im looking in your direction.

The thing that annoys me is the whole "everyone's a secret Targ"

if that was the case, Aerys would've been too busy bonking the whole of the westerosi noblewomen to be preparing to burn them all!

I didnt even think of R+L=J til i came here, guess i assumed good old ned had a soldiers moment.

Finally the whole incest Targaryen thing creeps me the hell out. Incest is not WINcest ppl. - Lannisters im looking in your direction.

The thing that annoys me is the whole "everyone's a secret Targ"

if that was the case, Aerys would've been too busy bonking the whole of the westerosi noblewomen to be preparing to burn them all!

Careful now, you don't wanna wake the forum dragons, do you?

So many people on this forum lose their shit over 'Targ bluhd' and 'dragons', I find myself wishing Robert had smashed them all with his warhammer (the Targaryens, not the people posting here).

Careful now, you don't wanna wake the forum dragons, do you?

So many people on this forum lose their shit over 'Targ bluhd' and 'dragons', I find myself wishing Robert had smashed them all with his warhammer (the Targaryens, not the people posting here).

I love Egg, Dany is cool (i remember that she is infact, only what 13,14?) but for the most part they are balls out crazy!

I don't believe that MMD's 'prophecy' actually means anything. She was just using a load of evocative language to mean 'never'. When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east? Not about Quentyn, she's just saying never. When the seas run dry? Not about the Dothraki sea, she's just saying never. When you bear a living child? SHE WAS SAYING NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. Anyway, I think Dany's last chapter in ADWD calls bs on that one.

I don't believe that MMD's 'prophecy' actually means anything. She was just using a load of evocative language to mean 'never'. When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east? Not about Quentyn, she's just saying never. When the seas run dry? Not about the Dothraki sea, she's just saying never. When you bear a living child? SHE WAS SAYING NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. Anyway, I think Dany's last chapter in ADWD calls bs on that one.

I think MMD's prophecy was never meant to be a prophecy, but inadvertently turned into one. Yes, she was in effect saying, "Never," and she surely thought that's what she was trying to imply. But it's worked out differently.

I think MMD's prophecy was never meant to be a prophecy, but inadvertently turned into one. Yes, she was in effect saying, "Never," and she surely thought that's what she was trying to imply. But it's worked out differently.

I think people just assume because it was said in a certain way that it held some importance for the future.

Some of the ways people have tried to get the story to fit in with the 'prophecy' are way too convoluted.

Also I didn't realise that the Lannister twins and/or Tyrion being secret Targs was a generally accepted fact but if it is then I guess that's one I vehemently oppose.

That the sentence "Your monster, Brandon Stark" is Coldhands saying it about himself, like, I'm your monster and I'm Brandon Stark.

They are talking about Bloodraven in the paragraph, but there's a theory on here that takes this sentence completely out of context and gives it this meaning that I do not agree with and think it's way forced.

Who gets to decide what's "too convoluted"?

Hehe should have added 'in my opinion' I guess. What I mean to say is that some of the ways that people try to get the facts to agree with the 'prophecy' are a bit forced for me. But again, that's just me. Obviously lots of people don't think so and that's why the MMD thing is widely accepted.

Ah yes, my favourite discussion with Dr peppers and the lunatics smarties....

Fixed that for ya. Though, no biggie, it's totally understandable that thoughtful, analytical and intelligent folks can be seen as lunatics. Thinking can be hard and confusing, y'all! I'm honored to be lumped in with the intelligent folks, though I'm nowhere near the leader. A dozen others are way ahead of me in the brains department.

Hehe should have added 'in my opinion' I guess. What I mean to say is that some of the ways that people try to get the facts to agree with the 'prophecy' are a bit forced for me. But again, that's just me. Obviously lots of people don't think so and that's why the MMD thing is widely accepted.

A guy whose sigil is a sun goes West to die. The Dothraki Sea is in a drought. The dragons are destroying mountainous pyramids.

It's not exactly entirely literal, but convoluted, I don't think it is.

I don't believe in lannister targs. I don't believe in jojen paste. I don't believe in switched jeyne. Mmd doesn't have to be taken literally but should a little just because she name drops marywn way early. house of the undying and quaithe should be taken more literally. Targs aren't fireproof but I do think that theyr blood is cut with dragon blood or something similar.

My big one is Jon as the heir. First time I read, I thought Robb listened to cat and named someone else the heir. When I came on here and reread I was more convinced he did, but something about it still doesn't sit right with me. I literally have no theory to back this up, but for some reason I do t think Robb named Jon his heir.

I don't believe Tommen will die. Beets everywhere shall tremble in fear against his might!

i hope you're right. if some of you that are saying not all prophecies are meant to be real, i hope this is one of them that is false. may tommen, ser pounce and lady whiskers live to a ripe old age. in peace.

My big one is Jon as the heir. First time I read, I thought Robb listened to cat and named someone else the heir. When I came on here and reread I was more convinced he did, but something about it still doesn't sit right with me. I literally have no theory to back this up, but for some reason I do t think Robb named Jon his heir.

The new World of Ice and Fire app seems to confirm that Robb did, in fact, name Jon his heir.

Archived