Theories that are (as far as the board is concerned) are fact that you disagree with

JaegrM

Just because he doesn't repeat it at the end of that chapter. Surprised to hear about the app thing, gotta go read that thread.

Otherwise I don't take anything as fact when it comes to illyrio and varys, we just don't have enough clues.

Are there any theories as fact around quaithe ? I don't think I've ever even seen any crackpots for her

Just because he doesn't repeat it at the end of that chapter. Surprised to hear about the app thing, gotta go read that thread.

Otherwise I don't take anything as fact when it comes to illyrio and varys, we just don't have enough clues.

Are there any theories as fact around quaithe ? I don't think I've ever even seen any crackpots for her

I don't believe the Lannisters are secret Targs, although I toy with the idea sometimes.

I don't believe in Jojen Paste .

I don't believe Sandor will become the Faith's champion. His arc ended rather well, if a bit bittersweet and uncertain, and its okay to stay that way.

I don't believe Mel will resurrect Jon.

I don't believe Jon will sacrifice Ghost to get a dragon.

I don't believe any of the theories on this board, it's fun to brainstorm the text, but none of us are writing this book. So all of our debates, and arguing essentially mean nothing until the series is finished and we have definitive answer. The debates and arguing are fun though. :drunk:

The new World of Ice and Fire app seems to confirm that Robb did, in fact, name Jon his heir.

How so?

I don`t believe Jon is the legitimate son of anyone - that would completely undermine a significant portion of his arc and personality.

I believe R+L could = J but there is not enough textual evidence and shouldn`t be treated as fact. That`s just poor science.

I don`t believe in Jojen paste.

I don`t believe that any Lannister sibling is Aerys` - it would undermine all their arcs. Sometimes a child`s dream about dragons is just that, a dream.

I don`t believe Aegon is a Blackfyre but wont be surprised if he is and it will make for a more interesting story.

I don't believe in fake Aegon, I think and hope he's the real deal and will continue to do so until someone in the books proves me wrong.

Arr. Until the books say otherwise, hes Aegon to me. I believe theres a possibility he could be fake, but until the reveal, hes real in my mind.

I do not believe in Jojenpaste. I hate that theory.

Lannisters are not Secret Targs.

I do not believe Tyrion will ride a dragon.

I do not believe Cersei will survive the next book. (she might, but i dunno..)

I do not believe that Syrio is alive at all.

Dany is not mad.

Jon is not All Deadâ„¢.

Sandor and Sansa arent gonna live happily ever after together.

Arya isnt going to die only to be frozen and found when the snow thaws clutching Needle.

Darkstar is not a Secret Targ.

Mance Rayder is...Mance Rayder.

Varys isnt a lady person or a Secret Targ.

Bran will leave the cave.

Bloodraven isnt a bad guy and isnt working for the Others. (i mean, really?)

What do you mean, how so? I mean it says flat-out, plain-as-day, "Robb legitimizes Jon Snow and names him his heir." That's "how so."

Ok. No need to get snarky. That`s exactly what I meant. It`s not like the book is available to buy in shops I`ve downloaded the app but I`ve yet read it. You`ve got to stop treating everything people say as an attack. I see it quite a lot.

If you can`t answer an honest question politely, don`t bother.

Edit: Apologies, I read "book" not "app". Doesn`t change the attitude.

- Although not something that is universally believed (seems like a minority view), I do not believe that any of Twyin's descendents are secret Targaryens originating from Aerys and Joanna. More likely they are all his.

- That all kinslayers will necessarily receive a fatal punishment. It could happen but I have never been convinced that it is a guaranteed thing.

- The very popular idea that the Song of Ice and Fire is a specific individual's song. Rhaegar apparently claimed that but what is going on with Bran seems to show a broader picture. No one that has ever touched the PTWP prophecy has really come out the better for it yet. Seems more probable that the series's signature "song" refers to the planet as a whole at its highest level. Westeros = Ice Essos = Fire is another, lower level. The houses = various elements is lower still. Targaryens are not the only ones that can reflect "Fire" and Starks are not the only house symbolizing "Ice."

- That the Others are purely motivated in their actions by a prime directive only defined by hatred of humans.

- That Tyrion will have a plot absolution of kinslaying (separate issue from whether any "punishment" occurs)

- That Aegon is real or that Tyrion believed Aegon to genuinely be who the Golden Company is pretending him to be.

- That one of the major original POVs will be on the Iron Throne at the end, should that throne continue to exist. It likely will be someone not as widely anticipated.

- That Stannis for sure knew that he was creating shadows with Mesliandre (the Penrose case is very suspicious though). That data is too incomplete and too much happened off-screen to be decisively conclude some of the details.

- Not overly widespread, but that the dragons have little chance of fighting the Others. I see it as quite possible that at least one instance of the two species clashing will happen at some point.

Tywin was poisoned by Oberyn -- I initially jumped on this theory because it made so much sense but now I wonder if Tywin would have asked for help if he wasn't feeling well. Pycelle never mentions meeting him, though.

Aegon is a Blackfyre and/or Aegon is Illyrio's son -- the evidence hasn't convinced me.

Jon as a Targaryen is considered a "fact" but the Lannisters being Targaryens or Dany not being a Targaryen are crackpot theories. I've never heard of Dany not being a Targaryen until now, actually.

b

What I mean was that Jon was legitimate, in the sense that Rhaegar married Lyanna.

I don't believe Mel is bad at all. An overzealous burning murderer, but on the right team. Although this one might be common.

wasn't this sort of proven when she received her own pov? she clearly had positive thoughts behind her actions in her mind.

Ok. No need to get snarky. That`s exactly what I meant. It`s not like the book is available to buy in shops I`ve downloaded the app but I`ve yet read it. You`ve got to stop treating everything people say as an attack. I see it quite a lot.

If you can`t answer an honest question politely, don`t bother.

Edit: Apologies, I read "book" not "app". Doesn`t change the attitude.

When people insinuate that I'm pulling stuff out of my ass, making something up, or that I haven't actually done my homework, it annoys me. Why would I say that the app said something unless the app actually said that?

If what I write bothers you, ignore it. I don't really care. But if someone suggests that I'm a liar, that's not going to fly.

Dany was fireproof only because Mirri's spell backfired. Jon has already been burned pretty severely. Aerion drank wildfire and died. They are not fireproof.

If Mirri's spell backfired it would have landed on her, the caster, not Dany, and she would still be alive. But there was no spell. Dany survived the flames on her own. You remember Jon and Aerion but forget that Dany has endured extreme temperatures before funeral pyre.

If Mirri's spell backfired it would have landed on her, the caster, not Dany, and she would still be alive. But there was no spell. Dany survived the flames on her own. You remember Jon and Aerion but forget that Dany has endured extreme temperatures before funeral pyre.

I highly recommend Tze's "The Pyre Revisited" thread. It discusses this in Tze-worthy detail and explains how the spell would have worked. For instance, the fire is explicitly too hot for Dany to approach, until Mirri starts chanting.

I highly recommend Tze's "The Pyre Revisited" thread. It discusses this in Tze-worthy detail and explains how the spell would have worked. For instance, the fire is explicitly too hot for Dany to approach, until Mirri starts chanting.

That thread was damn interesting....

Archived