Straight up Poll - Jon dead or alive?

Bear Island Bruiser

At the moment....

Body dead or dying

'Spirit' warging into ghost for a while, and, eventually he will be a man again. Didn't Melisandre say he will be a man, then a wolf, then a man?

The only question for me is whether or not he gets his own body back. If they follow custom and burn his body, he'll need to come back in another body. I think that wacky prologue with the skin changer dying was to introduce this possibility. In the books, I suppose he can take any body he wants. In the HBO series, please, please, please don't let him come back as anybody less hot than Jamie Lannister! Even Jon thought Jamie was hot, or at least "what a King should look like".

At the moment....

Body dead or dying

'Spirit' warging into ghost for a while, and, eventually he will be a man again. Didn't Melisandre say he will be a man, then a wolf, then a man?

The only question for me is whether or not he gets his own body back. If they follow custom and burn his body, he'll need to come back in another body. I think that wacky prologue with the skin changer dying was to introduce this possibility. In the books, I suppose he can take any body he wants. In the HBO series, please, please, please don't let him come back as anybody less hot than Jamie Lannister! Even Jon thought Jamie was hot, or at least "what a King should look like".

I like the theory he is burned on a pyre and rises from the flames unburned. Some people even propose that his hair will grow back silvery blond. This theory is possible if the same force that kept Dany from getting burned when she hatched the dragons keeps Jon unburned. Perhaps Melisandre will throw herself on the fire to fulfill the death for a life requirement. So many possibilities!

I hope someone can answer the bolded question for certain.

I hate — really, really hate — the "Targs are fireproof" brigade. But I think something freaky will happen if they try to burn his body.

I like the theory he is burned on a pyre and rises from the flames unburned. Some people even propose that his hair will grow back silvery blond. This theory is possible if the same force that kept Dany from getting burned when she hatched the dragons keeps Jon unburned. Perhaps Melisandre will throw herself on the fire to fulfill the death for a life requirement. So many possibilities!.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

But he's not dead. He's probably going to be gravely injured, but not dead.

I hate — really, really hate — the "Targs are fireproof" brigade. But I think something freaky will happen if they try to burn his body.

You know what? I think you're right.....Like, super saiyan here. Something freakin' WEIRD will occur if they try to burn him.

But for the poll, im going with Mostly Dead.

You know what? I think you're right.....Like, super saiyan here. Something freakin' WEIRD will occur if they try to burn him.

But for the poll, im going with Mostly Dead.

Yeah. I also don't think it's a coincidence that burning a "dead" body will be the first order of business on the Wall. If they think he's dead, the next step is burning the body — both to prevent him from coming back as a wight, and probably as part of whatever Red God nonsense Melisandre will try to practice here. No burial, no Viking funeral on the water, etc.

Kind of symmetrical if Dany's literal dragons hatched on a pyre and the prophecy's human "dragon" were to do the same thing. *shrugs*

ETA: To go further, the more I think about it, the more inclined I am to think that Melisandre won't intentionally "bring him back." She's too obviously half-assing stuff, too clearly a con artist. No, I think she'll stage some elaborate fire show, and whatever happens with Jon will blindside her, and she'll be just as shocked as the other people there watching it happen.

It's strengthened by simple minded fools that saw the first season on TV, and were like, "OMG THAT BLONDE GIRL WITH THE WEIRD NAME SURVIVED A FIRE. TARGARYENS ARE INVINCIBLE TO FIRE!"

Actually, most of the Targaryens have died by the fire.

Archived