What would you do if Stannis died?

Cardinal Sin

Sure, everyone who dislikes Stannis is invited.

Oh sure, gather all the HEATHENS in one place!

----------

Okay, let me actually make a serious point. Many Stannis fans have come to accept that he will die soon-ish. Elsewhere on these boards, I have heard it described as an "air of doom" surrounding Stannis Baratheon. The odds are massively against him. It's more a question of when he will perish, rather than if. And there's the business of "slayer of lies." We see the writing on the wall. Stannis, it is foretold, cannot prevail over Daenerys.

This fatalism contributes in significant measure to the fanatacism over Stannis. Lost causes inspire the greatest passions.

Since I am not at all a zealot IRL, I allow myself a degree of zealotry in my fandom. It's fun after all.

Okay, let me actually make a serious point. Many Stannis fans have come to accept that he will die soon-ish. Elsewhere on these boards, I have heard it described as an "air of doom" surrounding Stannis Baratheon. The odds are massively against him. It's more a question of when he will perish, rather than if. And there's the business of "slayer of lies." We see the writing on the wall. Stannis, it is foretold, cannot prevail over Daenerys.

Reading that gives me so much life. This forum is going to be so entertaining after the next books are published. :cool4:

I think we need to have a similar thread...but for Dany! Someone get on that.

Dragon slayers die, but so do dragons..But lets not go there though, there is enough in this thread not to let it spill out into yet another thread (saying this as a Stannis fan btw)..

I just don't get the fascination that significant minority groups develop for minor characters.

The Davos club, the Victarrion fandom, the Theon support group and the Stannis society. It's just weird, man.

These are side characters, not meant to become the centre of the story.

I don't care for Targs, wargs or twarg twats. Magic has no place in the world men have created and dragons, warging and other magic b.s. will be useless in the face of Stannis' resolve and Tyrion's wit. They're the true heroes of the series, not the Twargaryens.

Oh sure, gather all the HEATHENS in one place!

----------

Can we burn them then? Can we, please?

If Stannis dies it would be worse than Ned or Red Wedding. So i think it could happen. We haven't had a big shock for a while (since Red Wedding). I hope i will not be in a public place when i read about his death, cos i'll be cursing and throwing with the book. I might sacrifice the book to the Red God when Stannis dies and then buy a new one to read the rest of the story.

Why...? The guy fights Lannisters, Boltons, Freys, Karstarks, Greyjoys. Wants to fight Others and get a Stark back in Winterfell. He's the one fighting the bad guys, while Dany plays Queen half a world away.

Archived