What would you do if Stannis died?

Cardinal Sin

About Robb's death: what made me so incredibly angry was not that he died but how he died. If he died in battle or something that would have been far more acceptable but this way of treachery was infuriating.

About Stannis: my only problem with him is Melisandre. I would be sad if he died as he is my favorite contender for the iron throne but just like in Robb's chase it would depend on the circumstances of his death. There are acceptable ways to die for instance for one beliefs or protecting someone or something important to him. Dieing that way would be acceptable for me. The problem would be who should i hope to win if he dies?

This is the quote from Wiki

'Melisandre urged him to sacrifice Edric Storm to complete a spell that she claimed would raise dragons from stone and grant him more power. Stannis, though initially reluctant, was about to follow through with the ritual when Ser Davos smuggled the boy away and urged Stannis to take his remaining forces north to defend the Wall'

he more than considered it, he was about to do it. And I may be wrong but didn't he want to burn him for favourable winds? or was it to try and wake dragons from dragonstone? anyhow trusting some crazy Ashai priestes and burning inocent children for your own gain is wrong (something Eddard would never have done)

The wiki isn't the books. I have to go now but I will give you the quotes when I get back.

Ned caused the ruin of his family because he was an idiot.

The wiki isn't the books. I have to go now but I will give you the quotes when I get back.

The lanisters caused the downfall of Ned's family becasue they are self centerd, selfish, imoral and douch bags. admitidly there were other reasons yes but Ned is not one of them, he was a nice guy doing his duty but he got fuc*ed by the D*ckss of Westeros

wow. Ned didn't cause the ruin of his House. And what ensued wasn't caused by idiocy so much as mercy. I realize that the Stannis solution to the problem would be to simply burn Cersei's children alive.....

ETA:

Braved up? That implies that i'm not normally brave...

Did you take your name from the Great Walrus wildling clan leader, or something else?

Braved up? That implies that i'm not normally brave...

Just Joking man, only cos yesterday when I told E Ro that Stannis Sucks you were all like 'god dam it man you're going to get all killed' don't worry I get that you were joking tho. however I didn't know that you were one of the few Anti Stannis guys?

wow. Ned didn't cause the ruin of his House. And what ensued wasn't caused by idiocy so much as mercy. I realize that the Stannis solution to the problem would be to simply burn Cersei's children alive.....

ETA:

Did you take your name from the Great Walrus wildling clan leader, or something else?

:agree:

If Stannis dies I will be sad. However I always knew Stannis wouldn't get the throne no matter how well suited he is for it, no matter what happens in Westeros there is a 99% chance that the Dany will come back to Westeros with dragons and basically destroy anyone who doesn't follow her, although something will probably happen in the end that means she won't be queen. So he better die in an awesome fashion, every chapter I read where he is still alive shall be a moment of happiness.

That would probably be Roberts reaction, minus the burning, his temper is bad enough. Stannis reaction would be whatever the law and precedent states about highborn bastards, which is probably different to those with one baseborn parent. It seems unlikely that there is a law in Westeros against incest, however socially unnacceptable it might be, as the Targs probably wouldn't have outlawed something they themselves practiced (that's just a guess though). Cersei would go on trial of course, with the main focus no doubt on trying to pass off her children as heirs to the throne. All very reasonable with minimal bloodshed, at least until Tywin raised his banners. Then again, if Tywin accepted the evidence, or if every other house didn't accept Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella he might just cut his losses to protect the Lannister name.

But Stannis is basically amazing, so he will find a way to defeat Daenerys and her dragons and cast the Others back into the sea, while bringing all the traitorous elements of Westeros to heel and making them pay for bleeding the kingdom, and conquering the free cities to bring an end to their useless warring(Please please please please please).

If Stannis dies I will be sad. However I always knew Stannis wouldn't get the throne no matter how well suited he is for it, no matter what happens in Westeros there is a 99% chance that the Dany will come back to Westeros with dragons and basically destroy anyone who doesn't follow her, although something will probably happen in the end that means she won't be queen. So he better die in an awesome fashion, every chapter I read where he is still alive shall be a moment of happiness.

That would probably be Roberts reaction, minus the burning, his temper is bad enough. Stannis reaction would be whatever the law and precedent states about highborn bastards, which is probably different to those with one baseborn parent. It seems unlikely that there is a law in Westeros against incest, however socially unnacceptable it might be, as the Targs probably wouldn't have outlawed something they themselves practiced (that's just a guess though). Cersei would go on trial of course, with the main focus no doubt on trying to pass off her children as heirs to the throne. All very reasonable with minimal bloodshed, at least until Tywin raised his banners. Then again, if Tywin accepted the evidence, or if every other house didn't accept Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella he might just cut his losses to protect the Lannister name.

But Stannis is basically amazing, so he will find a way to defeat Daenerys and her dragons and cast the Others back into the sea, while bringing all the traitorous elements of Westeros to heel and making them pay for bleeding the kingdom, and conquering the free cities to bring an end to their useless warring(Please please please please please).

with Robbert wrath both Jaime and Cersi's heads would beon spikes on the city gates, without a trial, he would also probable kill the kids, hense Ned's 'Mercy', aslo the focus of the trial would be cheating on yoru husband, who was the king I think

Archived