What are you listening to VI

Opisthokont

Are The Frames no more? I rather liked that band, and like a real snob can claim that I'd stumbled upon them before GH got big w/ Once.

That said, they didn't have a single great album in my opinion. They had a litany of solid albums, and their greatest hits would have had plenty of great tracks...but no essential Frames album if you ask me.

I can't say I knew the Frames before I discovered Glen Hansard, so I have no idea if the band is gone.

American Idol just came on, a program I really don't watch at all (I loathe the way they humiliate people) but they started with last year's winner, Phillip Phillips (?!!!??!!) singing his hit, Home, which, guess what, I rather like.

It was a surprise for me too but I liked it as well.

Now I'm in Tom Waits phase. Soon I'll switch to Leonard Cohen,it's only a matter of time. :)

The song I like most by Creedence Clearwater Revival is "Long as I Can See the Light". John Fogerty is quite the emotive singer. I guess I'm a pretty predictable person for this being my favorite song by them, but it's so damn hopeful.

Yesterday I checked out a compilation CD about Tropicalia music from the library. The style is really interesting. It combines traditional Brazilian music with the psychedelic rock stuff from the 60s. Favorite song: Panis Et Circenses by Os Mutantes. This always reminds me of a Beatles song. Penny Lane, I think.

Listening to "

" from Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs because something someone said made me want to play "Let's Pretend We're Bunny Rabbits", and songs from that album are sort of like what Lays says about their potato chips -- I can't stop with just one.

Also, "Papa Was A Rodeo" is just awesome.

ETA: I've had The Frames recommended to me a number of times and continually forget to check them out. A friend of mine gave me the Once soundtrack when the movie came out, initially saying it was the guy from The Frames. I stared blankly until she said, "You know, the guy who played guitar in The Commitments."

@Koba:

I sang on the train - yesterday. I couldn't stop myself.

And it's hard for a baritone singing tenor. ;o)

Btw. I also sang "The Rains of Castamere". Fitting, ain't it?

Indeed it is :) now I can totally picture you on the train sounding same as that baritone from the original song :)

My brother and I always sing in public transport when we go somewhere together because we sang in the same choir. In our town people probably know us as "those two that sing in bus" :)

Indeed it is :) now I can totally picture you on the train sounding same as that baritone from the original song :)

The conductor waited before he checked my ticket.

And when I sang Christmas carols with the old people, a colleague liked it so much. I tried to sing alto, and it kind of worked. Baritone and bass are better still. I don't have a woman's voice.

My brother and I always sing in public transport when we go somewhere together because we sang in the same choir. In our town people probably know us as "those two that sing in bus" :)

That's cool. =o)

The conductor waited before he checked my ticket.

And when I sang Christmas carols with the old people, a colleague liked it so much. I tried to sing alto, and it kind of worked. Baritone and bass are better still. I don't have a woman's voice.

I'm soprano so I'm kind of limited by it,but I can go as low as altos,I even could on couple occasions,after being sick,sing tenor. But that's rare.

Archived