What are you listening to VI

Opisthokont

I guess this is my favorite song of 2012.

Wish I could say it was a guitar-driven song by a new exciting rock band, but alas the genre is so dead right now

Peter, Bjorn and John is my favorite contemporary band. Best known for their whistle-happy hit, Young Folks, the Swedish indie trio have a growing catalog of the catchiest sort of Beatles-esque pop/rock to come along in decades. At least to my ears.

Lately I've been listening to the Grammy-winning album, The Suburbs, by Arcade Fire. Though I care little for awards-as-validation, I must say I concur with the choice in this case.

J.Stargaryen, I thought it was a nice song, too. Until my favorite radio station had the idea to play it every morning. Arcade Fire is also on "Dark Was The Night" with "

", it reminde me of 70s
. They are supposed to be a great live band. I missed the last two concerts in my town, they sold out so fast.

Arcade Fire. They are supposed to be a great live band. I missed the last two concerts in my town, they sold out so fast.

Yes, they're amazing. Saw them last summer and the gig was awesome.

I listen to the newest album of Keane a lot, lately.

Why does he always have to throw in cheesy voice samples somewhere in every track? They would be so much better without them.

ha, I guess I'm used to them. I feel like it wouldn't be Burial without the vocals...although I don't think they are samples. I read that it's his own voice, but manipulated (obviously).

Yes, they're amazing. Saw them last summer and the gig was awesome.

I saw them on their Neon Bible tour a few years ago and I enjoyed it but I was slightly underwhelmed because I'm not sure they were on top form that day but I saw them twice after the Suburbs came out and they were excellent both times. The second of those was in Summer 2011 as well (at their London Hyde Park gig) and I thought they were superb that time (Mumford and Sons were also a great support act that day).

Heard

today as the dreadlocked shopkeeper squandered on and on, pantingly trying to convince my sister and I of the metaphysical powers emitted from words etched atop the stone’s own scalp. He didn’t succeed (well he didn’t convince me anyway) as he eyed us--not unseductively--through rose-colored glasses.

On a side note, this is what my dear mother told us in regard to the conversation my sister and I had about the stones over lunch, “Both of you are dumbasses."

Archived