Tywin in Harrenhal vs Roose

LordStoneheart

And in season 2 they had Jaime MURDER his cousin. They literally turned Jaime Lannister into a kinslayer in the second season of Game of Thrones. Now he literally has no redemption. FUCK HBO.

Or they just made it more obvious. It changed his betrayal from something you hear about to some thing you witnessed on the TV show without a flashback scene. It was well done imho. Plenty of room for redemption.

And in season 2 they had Jaime MURDER his cousin. They literally turned Jaime Lannister into a kinslayer in the second season of Game of Thrones. Now he literally has no redemption. FUCK HBO.

I REALLY HATED THIS (AND I LOVE THE TV SHOW) BUT JAIME KILLING HIS COUSIN? WTF.

Tyrion seemed awfully sure Jaime would kill Lancel when he found out he was with Cersei, and Jaime confronted him on the issue until he saw that Lancel was now some messed up religious zealot.

Yes, he THOUGHT Jaime would. Did Jaime? No.

Thinking someone would kill someone is NOT THE SAME as them actually doing it.

Holy shit, you people need morality lessons. There's a REASON why what Tyrion did with that crossbow is so fucking extreme.

True story, which of us never thought about killing someone, actually doing is way different. Kinslaying is supposed to be one of the worst things someone can do, so i agree the show shouldn't be so quick to impose that on Jaime.

I'm fine with it. They're probably like 3rd cousins or something. In the TV show it's hard to make the extremity of kinslaying be as important as it is in the books so as the show is presented it's not really a big deal. While he never did it I don't think Jaime would have hesitated to do it if he thought it would help him. Cripes he already murdered a king and fathered bastard children on the Queen. Then when his son died he screwed his sister again in the sept where the body was resting. The man simply does not put much stock in the morality others expect him to live by. He does his own thing and I believe kinslaying is no sacred cow to him, he just hasn't had a reason to yet.

True, but the show had, in season one, Jaime with WAAAAAAAAAAAY more lines and WAY more appearances - ALL OF WHICH he was some sort of villain, whereas in the first two books he hardly appears at all and he's, more or less, just Cersei's puppet.

Not sure I get the logic here... He can have redemption after the attempted murder of a child, but not the murder of a much-older cousin?

I liked Tywin and Arya more than i liked Roose and Arya but I hate to admit it, I thought Roose and Arya was more important to the plot. It shows Arya's survival instincts. She's technically Roose's princess at the time and has every reason to trust him but something inside her says don't and she doesn't, and she's right. And you see how strange Roose is, and he gives you the creeps so when you find out that HE'S actually a turncoat you're hurt but not at all surprised. I also find it interesting that Roose knows Arya is responsible for the rebellion and pretty much did his job for him but he barely acknowledges it. I always thought that odd, even though in his mind she's just some servant girl he doesn't think it all strange, that we know of. I'd love to see a POV chapter where he comes across Arya's imagine in Winterfell someplace and realizes that

A. He's not as smart as he thinks he is and

B. The Starks are more dangerous and wily than he imagined them to be.

Archived