Tywin in Harrenhal vs Roose

LordStoneheart

Cutting back on arrya's toughness in her trip with yoren/at winterfell bothers me a shit ton.

Imo the fact that she has grown up so hard that she had to kill men in battle, slit a guards throat at harrenhall are VITAL to her development and letting her bypass that with dumb luck is such a bummer.

Also LOL at season's 2 replacement of the mountain. I had several friends ask where "the mountain" was and were confused as fuck at some random tall guy who did nothing all season was his replacement when I explained.

ACOK should have been 2 seasons, ramming it into 1 season led to about 8 sub par episodes, one decent, and then the great blackwater episode.

As for the Bolton/Tywin switch, in the context of a ten hour season I don't mind. Their chemistry was great and who cares who she pours wine for if she doesn't get the job from weasel soup.

well i did like the Arya/Tywin interaction in the show. but honestly what sucks when they compressed the entire scene at harrenhal to that is that, according to the show, while Arya had 3 names to give to Jaqen, Tywin was present the whole time. You would think she could have given his name as he was the head of the family who took her father's head. yeah pun :laugh:

In the books, Tywin left harrenhal, so its understandable why Arya failed to name him.

Well Arya did say Tywin to Jaqan but it was too late for him to kill him.

I take the arguement is that on the show Arya their at the War Council as the cup bearer and make the connection. The book she is in the kitchens so she is more disconnected from the leaders. Well the war councils was mainly bad news for Tywin. It was not till they were making their decision to move and it meant harm can come to her family that she went to name him to Jaqen.

... There is also a difference between reading the lisp and having to hear it...

That was my take as well. I closely followed season 3 casting news this past summer, and when I first heard that Mackenzie Crook had been cast I assumed that he would be playing Vargo, mainly because Vargo is described as a tall, stick-thin man and Crook has had various comedic roles in the past. But I always had doubts that they'd keep the slobbering lisp for the show. There would've been a fine line between portraying a character with intentionally funny elements and having a character who came across as downright silly. I will miss hearing Jaime called "Kingthlayer", though. :(

We will see Roose in control of Harrenhal in season three, and Jaime there too, but I think they won't make the RW build up so obvious, but it does become obvious when Jaime is allowed to leave. Lol, shit I don't how they'll do it now that i'm writing this, well in the Vlog I saw Flayed men banners, so i'm sure we'll see Roose in Harrenhal

Anyone and everyone who thinks John Locke is a name created by Lost, and isn't the real name of one of the most famed European philosophers/physicians in the 1600's which said Lost character was named after, makes me cringe.

It's a stupid name for this universe though, especially since isn't their actually a House Locke?

Anyone and everyone who thinks John Locke is a name created by Lost, and isn't the real name of one of the most famed European philosophers/physicians in the 1600's which said Lost character was named after, makes me cringe.

It's a stupid name for this universe though, especially since isn't their actually a House Locke?

I know the name isn't original to Lost; that's actual the main thing I don't like about Lost is the name choices. No attempt at originality.

But that show and that character especially is fresh in people's mind right now.

Is there anyone who doesn't know that, though? Especially as LOST used this name deliberately with reference to philosopher (stupidly, IMO, but that's another point).

Hence this ;)

"We're all born a blank state, Jaime. Neither of us were inherently evil, we are what our circumstances made of us. And what they made of me, is a guy who cannot help cutting people's hands off".

I thought I heard that they changed the Others to White Walkers because they didn't want fans to associate with Lost... then they choose the name of the most popular and annoying Lost character????

NO.

Although I do like the name White Walkers better. More dark and doom-ish for some reason...

They do use White walker term in the book.

The horn blew thrice long, three long blasts means Others. The white walkers of the wood, the cold shadows, the monsters of the tales that made him squeak and tremble as a boy, riding their giant ice-spiders, hungry for blood...

The show handled it marvelously. But I've never stressed over differences in storytelling techniques. You have to change things up depending on the medium. If I read a scary story or something about a wolf attack in the woods I'm going to tell it differently than I read when we're all sitting around a campfire and I want to scare the shit out of my kids. No reason to think making it into a movie wouldn't have similar changes to make it appropriate for the format it's told in.

They do use White walker term in the book.

The horn blew thrice long, three long blasts means Others. The white walkers of the wood, the cold shadows, the monsters of the tales that made him squeak and tremble as a boy, riding their giant ice-spiders, hungry for blood...

I know, and I think its a much cooler name than the Others, but they don't say Others in the show. I've read that it was because of Lost, but that may not be the case also.

What's hilarious is that the TV show actually made Tywin likeable

Even more funny is that they never tried to make him likeable, meanwhile they HAVE been trying WAY too hard(and failing) to make Cersei likeable. And unintentionally made Jaime, one of the most likeable characters of the series, a total psychocunt.

Getting a bit off topic, it just amazes me how likeable Jaime is. Besides the defenestration of children, every "bad" thing he has done at some point becomes wonderfull. Hope he doesn't die just now with Stoneheart, want to see more of him, specialy the strangling of Cersei part!

Getting a bit off topic, it just amazes me how likeable Jaime is. Besides the defenestration of children, every "bad" thing he has done at some point becomes wonderfull. Hope he doesn't die just now with Stoneheart, want to see more of him, specialy the strangling of Cersei part!

I totally disagree. I want Stoneheart to kill him with Oathkeeper, right through the heart while giving her regards through her slit throat. Tyrion needs to strangle Cercei.

Well, Jaime didn't become a likable character until the 3rd book which hasn't been aired yet. By this point, we're still supposed to think of Jaime as a total bastard.

True, but the show had, in season one, Jaime with WAAAAAAAAAAAY more lines and WAY more appearances - ALL OF WHICH he was some sort of villain, whereas in the first two books he hardly appears at all and he's, more or less, just Cersei's puppet.

And in season 2 they had Jaime MURDER his cousin. They literally turned Jaime Lannister into a kinslayer in the second season of Game of Thrones. Now he literally has no redemption. FUCK HBO.

Archived