Season 2 Blu Ray/DVD (Quick question)

Burford11

Just a quick question about the GoT Season 2 boxset:

So I want to get the Blu Ray set because of the extra features, but I don't have a Blu Ray player. Buuuut, the Blu Ray set says it has a DVD copy as well as Blu Ray and digital.

So my question is, can I buy the Blu Ray set and get all the episodes and extra features on DVD? :dunno:

In my experience of buying those triple play Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital, the DVD discs only come with the movie/episodes and actually don't include any of the special features that you would find on the standalone DVD set. I would wait until season 2 is released and wait for someone to upload an unboxing video on youtube so you know exactly what you are getting.

In my experience, the behind the scene features have not really been worth it. You get to hear a few interesting tidbits, but most of the nitty gritty that I personally love those features for are glossed over. I could imagine after the series is over that they make a mega-documentary a la Lord of the Rings, but as of now the behind the scenes stuff particularly is lacking. The commentary isn't really that good, to be frank, though it obviously has its good moments (like the Stark children singing the opening theme!). The best part of it is the House Histories, presented in awesome semi-animated scenes that detail the backstory behind the various factions and houses. You can see preview ones on Youtube (the Old Gods and the New, Ygritte on Wildlings) and see if those are worth it out of anything.

In my experience, the behind the scene features have not really been worth it. You get to hear a few interesting tidbits, but most of the nitty gritty that I personally love those features for are glossed over. I could imagine after the series is over that they make a mega-documentary a la Lord of the Rings, but as of now the behind the scenes stuff particularly is lacking. The commentary isn't really that good, to be frank, though it obviously has its good moments (like the Stark children singing the opening theme!). The best part of it is the House Histories, presented in awesome semi-animated scenes that detail the backstory behind the various factions and houses. You can see preview ones on Youtube (the Old Gods and the New, Ygritte on Wildlings) and see if those are worth it out of anything.

I agree with this.

The DVD is a must have to have , it is well mastered and very nicely presented.

On the other hand they sure seem short of extras.

They are there and are good, but don't even believe all tracks have a commentary track, seems I remember?

Other extras , behind the scenes, are fine but under elaborated.

I can't remember if this is an HBO model, I have ROME and Deadwood,can't remember what's on those.

For what is really and extraordinarily presented production one notices and economization that seems kind of rushed... I would willing to pay a little more for these if better presented.

Still, they are a must have for all fans of the show.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question as well that isn't really similar to this, but falls under the thread title so:

I preordered on Amazon for $49.99, but then I saw that Best Buy has the cool packaging again (a gimmick, I know but I got the Targ one last year and the Lannister one looks cool) for only $34.99, what I'm confused about is if this would have all the same extras that the Amazon blu-ray would have. I just am so perplexed that Best Buy has it cheaper and with special packaging if it's the same exact content. Anyone know? I'm hoping Elio or someone can help me out here.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who purchased the bluray, is their any commentary Regarding the scene in S2E10 where Dany is in the throne room during her time at the HotU? That scene seems to really provide a fascinating reveal that is not communicated in the books. I'm dying to know if anyone commented on the scene.

For those who purchased the bluray, is their any commentary Regarding the scene in S2E10 where Dany is in the throne room during her time at the HotU? That scene seems to really provide a fascinating reveal that is not communicated in the books. I'm dying to know if anyone commented on the scene.

???? Spoil me.

???? Spoil me.

Red Keep destroyed, Dany sees the iron throne, reaches out to it, but the dragons shrieking prevent her from actually touching it. If it can be trusted, it seems that this foreshadows bad things happening in Kings Landing, and that Dany never claims the iron throne, probably because of something happening with her dragons. None of this is described in the book.

The producers know the general ending, maybe this was a reveal from them.

Archived