Tyrion, Jon, or Dany - Who's gonna die in the end?

Waylin Stark

Ok, these are our 3 with the most fans.

Given the current death rate and the trolling of GRRM, it's pretty obvious that one of them is gonna die in the end. Maybe even two, for a good shock.

But who do you want/think will survive (assuming that one of these three is definitely gonna die)?

Tyrion: He's a survivor and GRRM's favorite. No one in Westeros except Jaime would even mourn the poor guy. And I don't see what his death would achieve.

What I think: He'll survive, probably spending the rest of his days as Hand / Warden of the West / Lord of Casterly Rock, or in Essos, living in peace with/without Tysha.

Jon: If he does come back in TWoW (which is most likely), he'll probably save the kingdoms from the Others, with an ultimate sacrifice and dying. or he'll retire in the north with Val or someone (I doubt he'll rule anywhere, he's not the type). I prefer Jon + Dany, but it's TOO hopeful and idealistic, it'd never work.

Plus if he's a Targ, it would be incest, and anyway Dany likes eccentric Essos guys like Drogo and Daario.

What I think: He's gonna bite the dust at the end and be remembered forever.

Dany: No idea - she might be a saviour from the Others with her dragons, or face extreme rejection from Westeros.

What I think: She'll survive, help save Westeros from the Others, but not win the Iron Throne. 50-50 on whether she is killed or lives on.

So what about you guys?

1. Jon won't die, he's Aragorn of this story, he will be the King of whatever left after WoMD are used (dragons)

2. Tyrion will save everyone, but will either die or will be exiled. He's the one who cares about others and always being punished for that.

3. Dany will live of course but will be stripped of all her powers and claims. Most probably she will marry someone, not the king, and live queitly ever after, tortured by the guilt of using WoMD on Westeros.

Pure speculation of course.

I would be the least bothered by Tyrion's death. But as you said, right now I can't really see what his death would accomplish. So he may well be the least likely to die.

I hope Jon and Dany both make it. Doubt they will, but I hope.

In order of most likely to survive to least likely, I'd say it's:

1. Tyrion

2. Jon

3. Dany

I would be shocked if all three lived or all three died.

Yep, I agree with the order.

I'll be very disappointed if nobody dies. It feels like I want one of them to die, despite loving all three. Weird. :stunned:

GRRM's favorite is Tyrion. I think he will give him Casterly Rock once Cersei is out of the way.

Jon has the best claim to the Iron Throne if he is Rhaegar's son, and Aegon is a fake as many seem to believe. Plus Jon has the Wall, or Winterfell even if he doesn't get the Iron Throne.

Dany will die. She has no home, no family, few friends, widowed, remarried to the Harpy. She lifts right out.

1. Jon won't die, he's Aragorn of this story, he will be the King of whatever left after WoMD are used (dragons)

2. Tyrion will save everyone, but will either die or will be exiled. He's the one who cares about others and always being punished for that.

3. Dany will live of course but will be stripped of all her powers and claims. Most probably she will marry someone, not the king, and live queitly ever after, tortured by the guilt of using WoMD on Westeros.

Pure speculation of course.

Yeah Jon's definitely an Aragorn of sorts, being a Ranger of the North while actually being a King (?), but he could very well die, and he's shown that he's not interested in ruling.

The part of Tyrion caring for others, trying to good, and yet getting punished is SO TRUE :crying:

My two cents:

1. Tyrion will most likely survive and continue to be the imp that everyone loves to hate

2. Jon has a good chance of dying die in the final battle against the Others, but I'm inclined to be believe he'll survive and either stay on the NH or end in Winterfell (I believe in R+L=J but don't think he'll end on the IT).

3. She's the most likely to die in the end, imo. And I'm inclined to believe that will be at the hands (or mouth/fire) of one of her dragons.

I don't think Jon and Dany will both survive. Either both die or only one survives, with Jon being the most likely to me.

GRRM's favorite is Tyrion. I think he will give him Casterly Rock once Cersei is out of the way.

Jon has the best claim to the Iron Throne if he is Rhaegar's son, and Aegon is a fake as many seem to believe. Plus Jon has the Wall, or Winterfell even if he doesn't get the Iron Throne.

Dany will die. She has no home, no family, few friends, widowed, remarried to the Harpy. She lifts right out.

Lol you made Dany sound so miserable and hopeless :lmao:

She's got Barristan though. Good bloke.

I expect all 3 to die... TYrion and DAny certainly deserve it, I see Jon going out like a boss

:agree:

That's it. Tyrion and Dany made (and will make) to many enemies to survive in the long run. Jon got a bit of heroic sacrifice loomng over him. He's still the most likely to survive though. There is a slim chance he will die as LC of the Nights Watch age 85.

In order of most likely to survive to least likely, I'd say it's:

1. Tyrion

2. Jon

3. Dany

I would be shocked if all three lived or all three died.

Agreed with this. I go back and forth on Tyrion, but I feel pretty confident that Dany is the least likely to survive of all three of them.

GRRM is really hard to predict, for me anyway. I believe Jon will save Westeros and be recognized as rightful King, but will die of injuries sustained during the great war. Dany will survive and become queen. Tyrion will become Hand of the Queen.

Now I must print this and keep it in one of my books and when the story is finished I can laugh at my predictions complete falsity.

I don't think any of them are in danger of dying, they are GRRM's favourite characters I think.

But I could guess, in terms of LEAST likelyhood to die ( even if it is a teeny weeny chance):

1- No way Daenarys will die. Someone posted a thread about her being in a totally differen league from the rest of the characters and I agree that is the case. I cant imagine GRRM killing off his darling...

2- Jon is not dead I think. And I guess he is sort of, the MAIN character in Asoiaf. We thought Ned was the protagonist in Book 1 but he wasnt. I think it is Jon.

3- Tyrion is the ultimate underdog. Also in Book he "stands tall like a King", doesn't he? What if he is supposed to end up in th Iron Throne? He is a big darling of the author as well and it is very unlogical if Tyrion dies.

Tyrion is Martin's favourite; he won't die

Jon is, for me, the main character. The Song of Ice and Fire belongs to him. I think he won't die, but he could die in the final battle: I'm not sure about him

Dany is the most likely to die, and I'd say that she will die at the end.

I'll be so dissapointed if no one dies.

Archived