Tyrion, Jon, or Dany - Who's gonna die in the end?

Waylin Stark

Tyrion will, at the age of eighty, die in his tiny cottage with that famous library, a brain full of books and the spotted hands of a wrinkled nerdy lady with a very dirty grin all over his even more stunted body, seeking for the least shrivelled part of it.....

Enfin grandeur dans la petite mort.

Uuuuuuhh, fanfic...... :D

No, Tyrion might as well get the epitome of a glorious heroic death, GRRM trying to avoid the Harry Potter mistake and choosing Tyrion as sacrificial lamb.

Ok, these are our 3 with the most fans.

Given the current death rate and the trolling of GRRM, it's pretty obvious that one of them is gonna die in the end. Maybe even two, for a good shock.

But who do you want/think will survive (assuming that one of these three is definitely gonna die)?

Tyrion: He's a survivor and GRRM's favorite. No one in Westeros except Jaime would even mourn the poor guy. And I don't see what his death would achieve.

What I think: He'll survive, probably spending the rest of his days as Hand / Warden of the West / Lord of Casterly Rock, or in Essos, living in peace with/without Tysha.

Jon: If he does come back in TWoW (which is most likely), he'll probably save the kingdoms from the Others, with an ultimate sacrifice and dying. or he'll retire in the north with Val or someone (I doubt he'll rule anywhere, he's not the type). I prefer Jon + Dany, but it's TOO hopeful and idealistic, it'd never work.

Plus if he's a Targ, it would be incest, and anyway Dany likes eccentric Essos guys like Drogo and Daario.

What I think: He's gonna bite the dust at the end and be remembered forever.

Dany: No idea - she might be a saviour from the Others with her dragons, or face extreme rejection from Westeros.

What I think: She'll survive, help save Westeros from the Others, but not win the Iron Throne. 50-50 on whether she is killed or lives on.

So what about you guys?

Sadly I think that both Snow and Dany will die :bawl: . But Tyrion will live.

If Jon is resurrected, there's no chance that he'll live to the end of the series, so I'd say he's probably the most likely to die. The ending is supposed to be "bittersweet", which is why I think Jon will die as his impact will have more of a personal effect on the main characters than the deaths of Dany or Tyrion. I expect Bran, Sansa and Arya to survive the series and mourn him.

I don't think Tyrion will be kept alive. GRRM has not hidden the fact that he's his favourite character, so I'm sure he'll find a gruesome heroic/redemptive death for him in order to avoid accusations of favouritism.

Daenerys I'm unsure about. If we keep in mind that the ending is "bittersweet", it makes sense that the most bittersweet character is kept alive. For that reason I foresee Dany surviving the series but basically being alone, having lost everyone she loves.

Jon I foresee as being resurrected, but from that point on surviving to the end of the series as (one of several) kings. It may be wishful thinking but I think Tyrion will make it. I mean the RW was hard for Martin, how hard is his favourite character going to be after like 2 decades of writing him? But then as Patrick said, he could kill him off to avoid favouritism. I'm fairly certain Dany will die, as an antagonistic character, but still a sympathetic one, representing the destructive nature of fire, just as the Others represent the destructive nature of ice.

Jon's dead, let's move on.

I think Tyrion is the least likely to die . . . . Dany is destined to die . . . Tyrion I think as well.

I think the only true survivors are Varys who will hide out somewhere, Sansa Stark and Rickon Stark.

I think Arya's death will be the saddest and maybe the most difficult to write.

Most likely to die:

1. Tyrion

Why is everyone so sure he will live? because he is Martin's favorite? i don't buy it. I love Tyrion, and he is a great character, but I think he will die a rememberable death. Maybe Martin will just do this to piss u all off hahah.

2. Dany

I think Dany will reach Westeros, and might even rule for a little while, but she will be death before the end of the series, and I will be very sad to see her die.

3. Jon

ah Jon... Jon will live and he will do great things. I think his story hasn't been told yet, there must be something more to it (like L+R=J, this will change him entirely and that will be very interesting to read)

I don't want any of them to die, but i'm afraid only Jon will survive.

If Jon comes back from his "death" in ADWD, it would be really strange to then kill him again at the end of the series and who would be able to believe it??

Tyrion will likely survive b/c he seems like he should be the easiest to kill, yet he has survived pretty much everything so far.

So, I guess that leaves Dany. I can't see her on the Iron Throne though I sometimes like the idea. But maybe she dies supporting her nephew's claim.....?

Why do people see Jon and Dany together? I don't see that at all.

Ok, I don't neccessarily think they all live but it would be bittersweet if:

Tyrion lives, Lord of Casterly Rock, but Jaime, the only family he really cares for dies, say at the hands of Bronn, his only friend? Or worse and maybe better, he finds where the whores go and she kills him!

Jon lives as King of the North and rebuilds the Wall (assuming it falls)

Dany lives long enough to take and hate the Iron Throne, then gets killed and Aegon (mad King II) takes it over as Varys puppet. I'd like for her to have a husband and kids but can't see GRRM letting this happen.

Jon:

- Ghost-Jon; slowly, but surely, the spirit of Jon is lost within the spirit of Ghost.

- Unjon by the power of R`hllor; already dead and retaining some of his personality, probably will find a more permanent death at the hands of the Others in an heroic fashion.

- Unjon by the power of the Other; already dead and a mindless slave to the the will of the Others, probably will find death at the hands of his former friends.

- Remain dead: no warging, no Unjon stuff. Plain and simple old-styled dead!

Archived