Tyrion, Jon, or Dany - Who's gonna die in the end?

Waylin Stark

I think Tyrion is the least likely to die (hell, he's practically immortal), and I'll be shocked if Dany survives. Jon, I'm not so sure about. But if does die, I agree with Stannis Gotta Stan, he'll go out like a boss.

I think Jon will probably live (unless he is already undead, that is). Tyrion may live or die. He is GRRM's favorite, but OTOH he bears too much baggage to have a plausible happy ending. Dany had, IMHO, had "tragic character" written on her forehead from the very beginning, so I just don't see her living.

For Jon, I think a lot depends on whether he actually died and needs to be revived or whether he just fell into some coma but is still alive. If it's the former, he's not going to live out the series (any more than Beric did or UnCat will). If it's the latter, his odds of survival are considerably upped.

When it comes to Dany, I'd say dying in childbirth while giving birth to a living child.

1. Tyrion. Can't see him dying, but the encounter with Greyscale may mean he's going to develop it, so that he ends the series as Lord of Casterly Rock, but we all know he is living on borrowed time.

2. Dany. I am guessing she dies in childbirth, due to her and Jon marrying and that the child survives.

3. Jon. Survives as King, but having grown up treated as a bastard,meets jaded by the falsity of Court life. Maybe changes the way Westeros is governed in a Magna Carta sort of way.

:agree:

That's it. Tyrion and Dany made (and will make) to many enemies to survive in the long run. Jon got a bit of heroic sacrifice loomng over him. He's still the most likely to survive though. There is a slim chance he will die as LC of the Nights Watch age 85.

I see it like this as well.

1. tyrion has way too many baggage and became way too dark to ever have a happy ending, that is even mildly relaistic (and I am sorry to all tyrion fans but even the most cheesiest Disney cartoon would be more realistic than tyrion having a happily ever after).

I can see him surviving the book, though, and living in exile.

2. Dany, I agree with everyone that she is the most likely to die, and I am betting on childbirth too. Dany has tragic written all over her, and I just have a feeling in the moment she decided that she wants to play the game of thrones, she was doomed. :crying:

3. Jon is a character ironically I can't tell where he goes, despite the fact that he is more of a generic hero type. I can see him becomming King In the North, Kig beyond the Wall, LC of the NW, or dying a heroic death... :dunno:

I actually think it is more possible that all three of them die than none, because for me somehow all three of them are tragic characters.

I think Dany is the most likely to die because right now she has power and when you have power all you can do is fall.

Jon I think will live but I don't think he'll rule in anyway. I think he'll probably stay in the North and settle down with someone and just live a happy life (if that can exist in Westeros).

I REALLY love Tyrion and I'd hate it if he died but as someone else said, Tyrion is the guy who helps everyone and gets little or nothing in return and if gets anything it negative. I would hate him to die but I can see how he might.

In order of whom I think is most likely to bite the dust:

1) Dany

2) Tyrion

3) Jon

I think Dany is the most likely to die because right now she has power and when you have power all you can do is fall.

Jon I think will live but I don't think he'll rule in anyway. I think he'll probably stay in the North and settle down with someone and just live a happy life (if that can exist in Westeros).

I REALLY love Tyrion and I'd hate it if he died but as someone else said, Tyrion is the guy who helps everyone and gets little or nothing in return and if gets anything it negative. I would hate him to die but I can see how he might.

In order of whom I think is most likely to bite the dust:

1) Dany

2) Tyrion

3) Jon

Is there another Tyrion in this series who helps everyone? I feel like I read a different TYrion then a large part of this forum, TYrions not a bad guy, but for the most part TYrion cares just about TYrion, I never saw him as much of an altruistic character

Sorry OT!

Is there another Tyrion in this series who helps everyone? I feel like I read a different TYrion then a large part of this forum, TYrions not a bad guy, but for the most part TYrion cares just about TYrion, I never saw him as much of an altruistic character

Sorry OT!

Well I can understand where you're coming from there and perhaps I worded that wrongly. Here's the thing. Tyrion helps people out but I think it is unintentional. For example if Tyrion had never brought Bronn along to King's Landing he would not have become a knight. Now whether that's a good thing or not isn't really the thing to be questioned. The fact is due to Tyrion bringing Bronn to King's Landing he became a knight. Then you've got the scene where Joffrey was having Sansa beaten. Now any self respecting guy would've done what Tyrion did but most there were scared to stand up to Joff. Tyrion did (probably due to him being the hand at the time) just to help Sansa. Even though i suppose you could say that Sansa was also still valuable at the time too. Tyrion for the most part does look out for Tyrion but I have the feeling he likes to help others too... Like Bran in GoT when he provides the saddle. I think he has the possibility to die to the weight he's carrying but I'd hate him to go.

Well I can understand where you're coming from there and perhaps I worded that wrongly. Here's the thing. Tyrion helps people out but I think it is unintentional. For example if Tyrion had never brought Bronn along to King's Landing he would not have become a knight. Now whether that's a good thing or not isn't really the thing to be questioned. The fact is due to Tyrion bringing Bronn to King's Landing he became a knight. Then you've got the scene where Joffrey was having Sansa beaten. Now any self respecting guy would've done what Tyrion did but most there were scared to stand up to Joff. Tyrion did (probably due to him being the hand at the time) just to help Sansa. Even though i suppose you could say that Sansa was also still valuable at the time too. Tyrion for the most part does look out for Tyrion but I have the feeling he likes to help others too... Like Bran in GoT when he provides the saddle. I think he has the possibility to die to the weight he's carrying but I'd hate him to go.

thats a perfectly reasonable stance and I certainly can see where that.

That's a very good first impression of Tyrion. Two years ago I would have agreed, like most of the forum. But in time, the gold rubs off. If you are interested, there is a Tyrion re-read currently in progress, that digs deeper. And holy shit, it yields some scary truth about Tyrion.

Maybe the three of them...Or not, but I can't really see much for them in the future.

Tyrion will go and live in Essos, as far away from Westeros and Lannisters as he can.

Jon, I see him reuniting for a while with his siblings, but then he'll go and live the lone-wolf life, all by his own...

Dany might die. Maybe her dragons get out of control and accidentally kill her. Or maybe not and she arrives safely to Westeros.

Disagree with most of the above: Tyrion will go. He killed his father, a hero doesn't come back from that. I despise Tywin and the old cocksucker certainly had it coming, but it's next to irrelevant. In ancient Greece, Tyrion would be torn apart by Erinyes for that. Westeros won't accept him as Lord of Casterly Rock, the only way he could hold that title is by sheer brute force for a limited period of time. Also, he's badly damaged after all he has suffered and all he has done.

He'll hang around until the last book in the series, but not necessarily until the final chapters of it. Probably he'll die as some sort of a sacrificial lion, but die he will.

As for Jon and Dany, hard to see "happily ever after" for either of them, but if I had to bet, I'd bet on Jon being the one to survive the epilogue of the last book. (Jon being the guy presently with half a dozen daggers in his chest and belly, ironically enough.)

Dany - Most likely to die

Tyrion and Jon - Will probably live, we already saw that they can get along so they could end up being a good partnership when it comes to ruling the seven kingdoms

Agree. Dany is loosing her supporters. Quentin is dead. Euron and Vic will try to use her. She definetely won't trust Tyrion, and she would be right. I don't see other significant personalities to support her.

When it comes to Dany, I'd say dying in childbirth while giving birth to a living child.

Giving birth to a Harpy's child?

That's a very good first impression of Tyrion. Two years ago I would have agreed, like most of the forum. But in time, the gold rubs off. If you are interested, there is a Tyrion re-read currently in progress, that digs deeper. And holy shit, it yields some scary truth about Tyrion.

Yeah, same here. I also strongly suggest the re-read thread.

Also, I think Tyrion is the most likely to survive too. He's Martin's favorite and he will continue raping and murdering until the end. Although if Cersei dies, he'll need a new purpose in life as he won't be able to continue wishing to rape and murder him. So that could be a problem.

Yeah, same here. I also strongly suggest the re-read thread.

Also, I think Tyrion is the most likely to survive too. He's Martin's favorite and he will continue raping and murdering until the end. Although if Cersei dies, he'll need a new purpose in life as he won't be able to continue wishing to rape and murder him. So that could be a problem.

What are you saying kitty?

There will be always girls who don't want to sleep with him, and people who will want to mock him.

Beside the Vale is still there, or his whole family, or all the people of KL who mocked him and wanted him dead, Varys, LF, the Tyrells who framed him (if he learns that)...

I am sure if he really tries he can find people around him to motiviate him in order to stay on his current path... :stillsick: :stillsick: :stillsick:

(though I think as far as trying goes, getting off from this road would be harder for him than staying on it)

Archived