TTTNE 379: "Speak 'quack' and enter - ducks welcome!"

King Tyrion I

Looks like a mallard, it it?

I got a birdlake right next to where I live and there are lots of mallards there and I think they are so cute :wub:

Yep, it's a mallard, and yes they are so cute! They also are so tame. If they see me coming out of the house and I don't have my dogs with me they run right up to me waddling as fast as they can on their little legs.

One of the ones that come by my house right now only has one leg. We have snapping turtles and I'm afraid she must have had hers bitten off. She does well enough in the water but on land she's slow but never gives up, always hop, hop, hopping. I always try to throw the food right at her so I know she got some.

We have dozens of mallards here and hundreds of Canadian Geese. We had a Rouen duck here for a while, he looked just like a mallard drake but twice the size. We called him Huey. He was a sweetie.

We also have a couple of cranes but they are very skittish.

We have North American mocking birds and those birds are crazy! In the nice weather when I keep my window open they like to shrill and chirp all night right in the bushes under the window. I've gone out at night and seen white things on the ground, it looks like a piece of paper, then it surprises me as it moves fast and low to the ground until it makes it to a tree or bushes.

Good luck to you Koba, I will hold a thumb for you :)

She'll make it.

:grouphug: and a :kiss: for good spammy vibes that you nail the audition. Although I am certain you will rock it!

You will do fine. :)

Thank you guys :grouphug: best supporters ever. Kisses and hugs on the house :)

Yep, it's a mallard, and yes they are so cute! They also are so tame. If they see me coming out of the house and I don't have my dogs with me they run right up to me waddling as fast as they can on their little legs.

One of the ones that come by my house right now only has one leg. We have snapping turtles and I'm afraid she must have had hers bitten off. She does well enough in the water but on land she's slow but never gives up, always hop, hop, hopping. I always try to throw the food right at her so I know she got some.

We have dozens of mallards here and hundreds of Canadian Geese. We had a Rouen duck here for a while, he looked just like a mallard drake but twice the size. We called him Huey. He was a sweetie.

We also have a couple of cranes but they are very skittish.

We have North American mocking birds and those birds are crazy! In the nice weather when I keep my window open they like to shrill and chirp all night right in the bushes under the window. I've gone out at night and seen white things on the ground, it looks like a piece of paper, then it surprises me as it moves fast and low to the ground until it makes it to a tree or bushes.

We don't have any snapping turtles (thank God) but we have big pikes that eat the cute ducklings and eats the feet on the adult birds. It is a great pity.

It is very common for people to feed the birds in this lake so they are very tame. The mallard ducks are easy to deal with but the canada geese and the swans can be really scary and nasty. We also have great crested grebes, eurasian coots, herons and a number of birds I do not know the names of.

And of course we have gulls. There are allways gulls.

Quack absolutely! That is lovely.

Thank you!

We don't have any snapping turtles (thank God) but we have big pikes that eat the cute ducklings and eats the feet on the adult birds. It is a great pity.

It is very common for people to feed the birds in this lake so they are very tame. The mallard ducks are easy to deal with but the canada geese and the swans can be really scary and nasty. We also have great crested grebes, eurasian coots, herons and a number of birds I do not know the names of.

And of course we have gulls. There are allways gulls.

I rarely see gulls in the neighborhood, but wherever there's a shopping center and a parking lot, there they are.

The Canadian geese we have usually just run off when people approach. The bggest problem we have with them are their droppings all over :stillsick:

They are always in family groups. One parent always has it's head up and on watch while the other is pecking around on the ground with the kids. If a lone goose or goose from another family comes too close, then there's hell to pay. Honking and feathers flying galore!

What was really funny was once I saw this family group of over 20 geese in my backyard and a rabbit wanted to cross the yard to get to a neighbor's garden. About half way across the gesse noticed it and started chasing it. The rabbit zig-zagged all over with the gesse on its tail, the parent geese and all the kids, it was hilarious! Eventually it made it to the other yard.

My dog Winter (my avatar) thinks it's quite funny herself to make the geese scatter. When we go out back and they're gathered there she makes a dash for them. She never wants to catch them, she just likes to scatter them. After she does it she always turns back to me with a look on her face that seems to say "See what I did?"

Archived