Roose Bolton - in for the long haul?

RenlyIsNotRight

Helping a co-conspirator will only serve to make them look guilty of being complicit which the people of Westeros already believe. Theirs no way they'd help Roose now. No way they'd risk it.

If it was that or letting Stannis take the North under his wing, they'll side with Roose every time.

If there's one thing Cersei and the Tyrells agree on, it's hating Stannis

Nothing.

It IS hilarious. To the point where I now kinda want to see it even though it's so spiritually contrary to the tone of the series and would compromise the ability to take it seriously.

Probably because Roose's emotionless face would be entirely deadpan the whole time, implying everyone else is odd for NOT having such a practical escape tool at their disposal.

I can imagine him just nodding his head to the bannermen in Winterfell, "My lords" and then flying off

Nothing.

It IS hilarious. To the point where I now kinda want to see it even though it's so spiritually contrary to the tone of the series and would compromise the ability to take it seriously.

Probably because Roose's emotionless face would be entirely deadpan the whole time, implying everyone else is odd for NOT having such a practical escape tool at their disposal.

Oh my god, tears; tears all over my face :lol: :lol:

I can imagine him just nodding his head to the bannermen in Winterfell, "My lords" and then flying off

HAHAHAHAH, yes.

I can imagine his body staying completely still as his wings raise him to the air and we see him fly off into the sunset like the ending of a disney movie. Even though no disney hero skinned their enemies and flew home on the products of that act.

HAHAHAHAH, yes.

I can imagine his body staying completely still as his wings raise him to the air and we see him fly off into the sunset like the ending of a disney movie. Even though no disney hero skinned their enemies and flew home on the products of that act.

He'll be sipping hippocras as his wings carry him off, of course.

HAHAHAHAH, yes.

It calls to mind the absurd, sudden ending to a score of Monty Python skits, with the late Graham Chapman taking an utterly silly premise and playing it completely straight right up to the end. particularly

[EDIT: "I am not a man to be undone by an hoop, ser."]

I was actually watching Storm of the Century the other day and when Linoge flies away in the end I thought of Roose Bolton doing the same in Winterfell. Funny how him flying away was brought up here lol.

Back on topic though, does anyone in the North really doubt Roose was involved with the Red Wedding? I've always looked at the other lords as just playing along because they need to lick their wounds and the Freys have hostages. I don't think anyone has any illusions he's innocent.

I see Roose as doomed to fail because he's now just about universally hated and his "allies" that granted him his position are a long way away with no real way of helping him. Realistically the other Northern Lords would either wait to rebuild to fight/assassinate him within a 10 year period.

I was actually watching Storm of the Century the other day and when Linoge flies away in the end I thought of Roose Bolton doing the same in Winterfell. Funny how him flying away was brought up here lol.

Back on topic though, does anyone in the North really doubt Roose was involved with the Red Wedding? I've always looked at the other lords as just playing along because they need to lick their wounds and the Freys have hostages. I don't think anyone has any illusions he's innocent.

I see Roose as doomed to fail because he's now just about universally hated and his "allies" that granted him his position are a long way away with no real way of helping him. Realistically the other Northern Lords would either wait to rebuild to fight/assassinate him within a 10 year period.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, he is doomed to die, I'm just thinking how and when and how glorious shall his death be.

The Dreadford is going to fall. The Boltons will eventually be done in the North. The castle may stand but if it does a Bolton will not be Lord there. Roose's actions buried the house. They have been far too much trouble for too long and now is the perfect opportunity to be done with them once and for all.

Quite frankly given the amount of different times we hear of the Boltons rebelling against Winterfell, I'm honestly surprised that House Bolton lasted this long. Roose is one of my favorite villians and I want him to make it to the end in part because there are so many things I want him to know/see as part of his downfall, but I'm more worried for him than Stannis at Winterfell.

The letter sent to Jon about the Battle for Winterfell reeks (pardon the pun) of Ramsey not Roose. Nor does it seem like something Roose would let Ramsey write, so I'm worried Roose has been incapaciated in some way. My hope if that is the case is that he's still able to return to the Dreadfort where he can recover and play a part again for his last stand. It would also be fine if he just loses the battle and retreats to the Dreadfort. I sort of like the idea of him going to the Twins but I think there is just too much North to cross and if Roose does lose Winterfell he won't have any real friends left so it would be a run across hostile territory. Gods help Roose if the Great Jon escapes and manages to come back to the North to give witness to what actually happened at the red wedding (he's the only one left who might have seen Roose stab Robb).

But the truth is I would like BOTH Roose and Ramsey to survive this next fight (though I want them to lose and get away), because I want to see the Ramsey/Jon conflict play out a bit more as well. It would seem like such a cop out if Ramsey got to gloat about marrying Arya without Jon to counter that the joke's on him cause that is Jayne not Arya.

Quite frankly given the amount of different times we hear of the Boltons rebelling against Winterfell, I'm honestly surprised that House Bolton lasted this long. Roose is one of my favorite villians and I want him to make it to the end in part because there are so many things I want him to know/see as part of his downfall, but I'm more worried for him than Stannis at Winterfell.

The letter sent to Jon about the Battle for Winterfell reeks (pardon the pun) of Ramsey not Roose. Nor does it seem like something Roose would let Ramsey write, so I'm worried Roose has been incapaciated in some way. My hope if that is the case is that he's still able to return to the Dreadfort where he can recover and play a part again for his last stand. It would also be fine if he just loses the battle and retreats to the Dreadfort. I sort of like the idea of him going to the Twins but I think there is just too much North to cross and if Roose does lose Winterfell he won't have any real friends left so it would be a run across hostile territory. Gods help Roose if the Great Jon escapes and manages to come back to the North to give witness to what actually happened at the red wedding (he's the only one left who might have seen Roose stab Robb).

I like the possibility that it was Roose who wrote, or at least approved of, the letter. Purely because it means that Roose could potentially blame everything at the feet of his bastard son and potentially escape death should he be captured. Regardless, I hope Roose Bolton lasts till the last book.

But the truth is I would like BOTH Roose and Ramsey to survive this next fight (though I want them to lose and get away), because I want to see the Ramsey/Jon conflict play out a bit more as well. It would seem like such a cop out if Ramsey got to gloat about marrying Arya without Jon to counter that the joke's on him cause that is Jayne not Arya.

Ramsay and Roose both know she's a fake though? Or at least Roose does.

Ramsay and Roose both know she's a fake though? Or at least Roose does.

Well I meant in a public sense of publicly taunting Ramsey that he married the wrong girl and is not the Lord of Winterfell. But that's just cause I think it will make smoke come out of Ramsey's ears and feel that Ramsey deserves to be publically humiliated before he falls. That said I really don't know whether Ramsey knows it isn't the real Arya. He seems to have enough trouble remembering that it was Theon who killed the Stark boys and sacked Winterfell and that the Stark boys are already dead, that I can see Roose not trusting him with the information in case he blows it, so if Ramsey doesn't know that he's married a fake Arya all the better.

Oh and I will love GRRM forever (or at least more than I already do) if Roose does have a contingency plan to get rid of Ramsey and have him be the Bolton scapgoat.

Archived