The saddest moment

First of My Name

The whole series is tinged with sadness and tragedy from the murders of Ned to the most minor of characters (Once pretty Pia) getting her face smashed in and raped. It is hard for me to pinpoint one sad moment just because we know some characters better than others when the whole series tugs at ones heartstrings quite often.

Catelyn's coments about Ned liking her hair made me bawl.

That whole last part made me cry like ten babies at the same time. And this part as well:

Are they ever coming back?” Bran asked him.

“Yes,” Robb said with such hope in his voice that Bran knew he was hearing his brother and not just Robb the Lord. “Mother will be home soon. Maybe we can ride out to meet her when she comes. Wouldn’t that surprise her, to see you ahorse?” Even in the dark room, Bran could feel his brother’s smile. “And afterward, we’ll ride north to see the Wall. We won’t even tell Jon we’re coming, we’ll just be there one day, you and me. It will be an adventure.” “An adventure,” Bran repeated wistfully. He heard his brother sob. The room was so dark he could not see the tears on Robb’s face, so he reached out and found his hand. Their fingers twined together.

The death of a childhood. Two, actually. This made me cry far more than it should.

Sorry for posting quotes, but they indicate the saddest parts quite well. :D

definitely cat saying that ned loved her hair when they grab her.

Are they ever coming back?” Bran asked him.

“Yes,” Robb said with such hope in his voice that Bran knew he was hearing his brother and not just Robb the Lord. “Mother will be home soon. Maybe we can ride out to meet her when she comes. Wouldn’t that surprise her, to see you ahorse?” Even in the dark room, Bran could feel his brother’s smile. “And afterward, we’ll ride north to see the Wall. We won’t even tell Jon we’re coming, we’ll just be there one day, you and me. It will be an adventure.” “An adventure,” Bran repeated wistfully. He heard his brother sob. The room was so dark he could not see the tears on Robb’s face, so he reached out and found his hand. Their fingers twined together.

The death of a childhood. Two, actually. This made me cry far more than it should.

Sorry for posting quotes, but they indicate the saddest parts quite well. :D

and my second place~

Archived