The role of Victarion...

hollowcrown

I like Victarion's point of view. He's straigtforward and prefers to rush head first in battle without thinking through all the contingencies, making him an interesting change from all the other characters in the series. However given that the people who are considered players in the series are the exact opposite personality wise, he is woefully ill equipped to live much longer. Worse he is a pawn of of Euron and Moqorro. Euron is clearly smart, cunning, crazy and seems to have knack for avoiding any sort of suffering. He is the most danerous man in Westeros and the worst possible person to be a pawn of. Moqorro also likely has his own agenda and is playing Victarion for his own (unknown at the moment) ends.

That said GRRM isn't giving him at least 4 chapters only to have a minor effect on the story. He is likely going to have some spectacular death that will greatly affect the the story.

We do need more Greyjoy, no doubt.

I think House Greyjoy is going to go extinct in the end. Theon and Aeron may be the only Greyjoys left, and Theon can't procreate because he was castrated and Aeron has sworn a vow of celibacy.

As long as Victarion gets to cut down Euron I am content, then he can join his Drowned god for all I care..I like to read about him but he shouldnt survive the series, especially when so many good men have fallen. The Greyjoys need to be decimated, to be sure.

Victarion and all the Iron Born are simply there to advance the plot. Dany will eventually need ships to get to Westeros, they are a perfect solution. Of course most of their silly antics will be pointless in the end. Even the whole thing with the horn is silly, not only do they not know if it is what they think it is. They don't know if it even works. And if it does work they don't know how to work it. The whole thing is insane and if Oberlyn taught us anything it's having a mission and guts doesn't garuantee you anything.

Boo, long live House Greyjoy!

Oh Vic is one of my favorite characters, its just that the rest of the Greyjoys are a dissapointment. Vic should go out fighting, its the way he would want to go. He isnt made for peace, nor is his way of life.

Oh Vic is one of my favorite characters, its just that the rest of the Greyjoys are a dissapointment. Vic should go out fighting, its the way he would want to go. He isnt made for peace, nor is his way of life.

Victorian could sit on the Seastone Chair and be a place holder and name bearer for house Greyjoy.

Victorian could sit on the Seastone Chair and be a place holder and name bearer for house Greyjoy.

If you want the Greyjoy's to survive and prosper I think Asha or Theon would be a better choice as king. Victarion would have a glorious but short and bloody reign. Though I would take the Reader over either anyday, might be the Ironborn need a new "dynasty" on the throne.

I think House Greyjoy is going to go extinct in the end. Theon and Aeron may be the only Greyjoys left, and Theon can't procreate because he was castrated and Aeron has sworn a vow of celibacy.

That's what happens when you have bad ideas. :dunno:

The problem with Victarion dying is who kills him? Seriously, man is huge, strong, wears very heavy plate, but somehow fights like a beserker. How do you even get close in enough to test out where he's weak without dying first? In a one on one fight, Ser Gregor was vulnerable against a long (poisoned) spear. I don't see Victarion getting into any duels, he's just going to do his thing and cut a bloody path through some slave soldiers. He doesn't die at least until after Dany et al leave Meereen.

Archived