Who will be the final POV character?

At the end of the night Queen Olenna, first of her name, got a little tired and withdrew to her bedroom, pushing Left's wheelchair while Right managed to find his crutches and hobbled along all by himself.

In their bed Olenna's younger husband and Lord Hand was already waiting. It had been the party for his eightiest nameday, too much wine and and even more food had taken their toll. So in the end he had preferred "The Labyrinth Of Dreaming Books" by Walder Moers to the noisy party. He looked so cute with his wrinkled dimpled grin. Though he had always been a small man he seemed even more shrivelled tonight. But his eyes were as sharp and intelligent as always and his grin had never been more wicked. The band played "Waltzing Mathilda"

"i should treat him gently tonight" the Queen thought."Maybe I should be the active one for once"

Epilogue: Tyrion ........ SHORT EPILOGUE, the band played "Heart Attack and Wine"

Last POV: The Tree

Epilogue: The Spider

I like this idea for the epilogue. It makes me wonder if the tradition of prologue and epilogue characters kicking the bucket will continue. It would be strange to have him die off right at the end, with his work done and satisfied the Realm is in good hands.

I definitely think Bran and Rickon will be POV characters for the final chapter/epilogue, but which one does what I'm not 100% sure on. I'm leaning towards Bran = final chapter, Rickon = epilogue.

• 2 months later...

I'd like it of Bran was the last POV chapter and he was in Winterfell as a Greenseer and a young Stark was going out to see his first be-heading and Bran remembers his first be-heading. And maybe in the background Bran hears the Song of Ice and Fire.

• 2 months later...

Hm, personally I think it would be cool if a member of the next generation was the last POV, ya know a child or grandchild of a POV character or maybe just some randome kid or maybe Old Nan--I have an odd feeling that old lady may survive till the end, somehow--telling some summerchildren some new "stories".

But realistically, I say it will be one of the original surviving POV characters from the first book.

Or Jaime. Jaime would be cool if he lives.

Hm, personally I think it would be cool if a member of the next generation was the last POV, ya know a child or grandchild of a POV character or maybe just some randome kid or maybe Old Nan--I have an odd feeling that old lady may survive till the end, somehow--telling some summerchildren some new "stories".

But realistically, I say it will be one of the original surviving POV characters from the first book.

Or Jaime. Jaime would be cool if he lives.

I think that the epilouge will be a child or grand child of one of the main characters. I totally agree with you though that a Jamie one would probably be very cool.

I think it would be awesome if they went back to before any of this had started, maybe someone like Rhaegar before he rides off to his death on the trident. It would hopefully answer the many questions we are dying to know while also fitting in with the tradition of past epilogues.

I would personally love it if it was good ol' Uncle Ben making his way through the Land of Always Winter trying to bring back his dear sister Lyanna because of the guilt he feels after not revealing to anyone that he knew about the R+L affair (a personal favourite, albeit very crackpot theory of mine). I just wanna see what kind of mischief he gets up to while he MIA.

Hodor.

This would be such a brilliant ending!

It would go a little something like this:

"Hodor. Hodor, Hodor.

Hodor, Hodor. Hodor, Hodor.

Hodor."

QUESTIONS=ANSWERED

Epilogue: The Storyteller

In a meta twist, the final chapter is George R. R. Martin approving the final version of his novel A Dream of Spring, which has been dictated to him by Bran Stark speaking out of one of the trees in his backyard. After which he sits down to a hearty, lavishly-described breakfast of bacon, eggs, French toast, freshly-squeezed orange juice, cereal, bagels, strawberries and cream, and coffee. And then he is killed.

Archived