Who will be the final POV character?

• 7 months later...

I'll add something to that theory: yes, it's Ned's dream, but... it's another of his fever dreams in that cell. And in the last chapter he wakes up. Everyone we know and love is still alive, everything seems to be working out better this time around... and then, on the very last page, Ned dies of that fever.

Honestly, though, I think tree!Bran will be most likely.

"Robert, I cannot possibly accept, everything will go terribly if I do."

Probably Bran or maybe Sam, or even the baby (the one Gilly's got, obviously). But also entertaining would be:

Varys: Yeah, in the final slug out between him and Littlefinger i see Varys winning.

Rickon: It's about time he got a say.

Jojen: If he's still alive.

Old Nan: if she's still alive, or the Ghost of High Heart.

Patchface: Come on, like you wouldn't want that?

Melisandre: As she explains to her superiors back home in Asshai haw she managed to miss Azor Ahai completely and why she mistook the messiah for Stannis.

Depends on what you mean. Final regular chapter, I'd bet my foot it will be Bran.

As far as Epilogue is concerned, it depends on the time table. If its immediate, then Varys is likely the man. If its years down the line, I'd go with either Sam, Rickon, or Edmure/Roslyn's child from the Red Wedding. Imagine what that kid will grow up to be. If Rhaegar is haunted by being the product of Summerhall, imagine what a kid would think being the product of the Red Wedding.

Some random epilogue dude... who then gets axed by an Other.

No seriosuly, I'm pretty sure the last POV will die in the end. Not by an Other perhaps (I hope not) but in a way that lets us know that the music is still playing and the Game goes on.

The great stories never end, master Frodo...

• 1 year later...
Old Nan
Telling this stories to a new generation of Stark kids, obviously. You can't kill her off.
Or Bran listening to her though a raven or tree and the kid(s) complain that she can't know, all of this because it's so long ago.
Her last words: Oh, so you think I can't know?" And looks Bran in the eyes and allows him a glimpse into her mind. Seeing her as the Night's Queen form long ago, bonded to Winterfell with blood magic and Stark blood.
But as someone who always knew that summer and winter, life and death, ice and fire need to be in balance.

Final POV Bran, he is old but not North Of The Wall, he's in the roots of the great Wierwood of WF.

As for Epilogue I think Sansa as older, like Nan telling the younger generation of Starks the WOFK and the 2nd battle of the Dawn as her son or daughter looks on.

And or Samwell as a Maester of House Stark or the Citadel providing historical information for future generations.

Possibly Rickon as a older Stark passing the crown to one of his children.

Archived