Gendry's last name (SPOILERS)

BlueEyedCrow

SPOILERS

What is Gendry's last name? I assume that it is Waters, but it is never explicitly stated.

Varys and Tohbo Mott would know.

Was there a reason for leaving his last name out of the story? It seems that all other bastards that are named in the book are named their entire name: Jon and Ramsay Snow, Mya Stone, Edric Storm, Maria Hill, etc...

Gendry is never named Gendry Waters, only Gendry. Why?

now the crack...

Could leaving out Gendry's last name be a hint that he was already legitimized?!

I always think bastard only use the "bastard names" to claim they have noble blood, a way to let everyone knows one of his parents was a noble. In Genry's case, he doesn't know who his father is/was, so he simply don't have a last name, common people mostly don't have last names at all.

I assume he'd just be known as Gendry the Smith's Apprentice. He wasn't important enough to be given a surname. If he finds out Robert was his father, then he'll become Waters.

ETA: Or Gendry from Flea Bottom. Davos Seaworth didn't have title before Stannis gave him one and just called himself Davos from Flea Bottom so I see Gendry from a familiar situation.

SPOILERS

What is Gendry's last name? I assume that it is Waters, but it is never explicitly stated.

Varys and Tohbo Mott would know.

Was there a reason for leaving his last name out of the story? It seems that all other bastards that are named in the book are named their entire name: Jon and Ramsay Snow, Mya Stone, Edric Storm, Maria Hill, etc...

Gendry is never named Gendry Waters, only Gendry. Why?

now the crack...

Could leaving out Gendry's last name be a hint that he was already legitimized?!

Who the heck is Tohbo Mott?

i know there are A LOT of characters in these books, but did i miss this one completely, or did BlueEyedCrow just misspell the name of a a character that i do know?

Archived