What's causing all the Stannis love?

Ponys123

-Stannis is the funniest character in the series.

-Stannis is the master of the Bromance. Davos, Jon, everyone loves the Mannis.

-Stannis is statistically less likely to give up than a terminator.

-Stannis is the claimant who enters the war of 5 kings with the least, folks like an underdog.

-Stannis is a survivor, as the only one of the 5 kings still breathing.

-Stannis saved the wall.

-Stannis is the only claimant who rewards merit, rather than noble birth.

-Stannis is one of the best generals in the series, land or sea.

-Stannis believes in justice.

-Stannis is the rightful king whether one follows Targ succession or Baratheon.

-Stannis has a bitching magic sword, that he thinks is stupid.

-Stannis is the only claimant who believes in the Others.

-Stannis had proudwing.

-Stannis got gypped by his douchebag drunken elder brother at every turn, and still was loyal to him.

-Stannis leads a motley crew of smugglers, religious maniacs, and hardcore mountain-men.

-Stannis has a hot, crazy, witch

-Stannis doesn't dig incest

-Stannis doesn't loaf about mooning over dudes with blue hair.

-Stannis doesn't go on monotonous road trips getting drunk and whinging about hookers.

-Stannis is Azor Ahai.

-Stannis will avenge The Ned.

Even i am having trouble arguing against this :)

I prefer this

How about
?

Lol as good a reason as any.

Actually I think all three baratheon brothers as said to be attractive.

I think that Stannis has been described as not very attractive... If that is the truth (personally never believed it) then why he http://histruequeen....ost/28554396304 is so http://roosebaldton....age/41454481160 mannis?

Jon doesn't like Stannis, he puts up with him-neither Mance nor Ned like him either. Also, the lying, sneaking Varys seems to respect him as well.

really? Jon pretty much saves Stannis' ass a few times. Seems to like him just fine. As far as Ned, he seems distraught that Stannis is gone.

I am proud to admit that I have a mancrush on Stannis. :wub:

Hallo I am JQC and I am a proud member of Stannis' church.

Because it's Stannis. It explains everything

Look at him... I mean look at him http://25.media.tumb...7uxhho1_500.jpg

and because:

"I stopped believing in gods the day I saw the Windproud break up across the bay. Any gods so monstrous as to drown my mother and father would never have my worship, I vowed. In King’s Landing, the High Septon would prattle at me of how all justice and goodness flowed from the Seven, but all I ever saw of either was made by men."

“I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm’s End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers.

Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him? ”

this spoiler is the best reason ever to love the Mannis!

I am a big Stannis fan and I've noticed the one thing all the Stannis haters bring up is how Stannis assassinated Renly via shadowbaby. My retort is this... wasn't Renly more than willing to kill Stannis in battle the next morning? Some people act like Renly was this poor innocent victim of demonic murder when in reality he had every intention of killing his own brother who he damn well knew had the superior claim to the throne.

... I've noticed the massive numbers of Stannis's men (some women too, probably) here.

IDK

When everybody vaguely lovable has died or long gone, or MIA at his/ her best… some people may start loving whatever is still moving around.

There were a lot of Tywin fans once as well.

His premature and smelly death however reduced his fandom somehow.

I am a big Stannis fan and I've noticed the one thing all the Stannis haters bring up is how Stannis assassinated Renly via shadowbaby. My retort is is... wasn't Renly more than willing to kill Stannis in battle the next morning? Some people act like Renly was this poor innocent victim of demonic murder when in reality he had every intention of killing his own brother who he damn well knew had the superior claim to the throne.

:agree:

Stannis is the best of the options remaining. He understands honour but can still play the game of thrones (poor Ned). Also, he genuinely wants to protect the all the people of Westeros, not only those who support him. He can think beyond his own benefit.

Oh, and instead of procrastinating in Meereen, he's actually doing something about the Others.

I am a big Stannis fan and I've noticed the one thing all the Stannis haters bring up is how Stannis assassinated Renly via shadowbaby. My retort is is... wasn't Renly more than willing to kill Stannis in battle the next morning? Some people act like Renly was this poor innocent victim of demonic murder when in reality he had every intention of killing his own brother who he damn well knew had the superior claim to the throne.

Some people are the ones that don´t want Stannis on the Iron Throne ;)

The arguments made against him are mostly ridiculous. That is why.

I agree

it's hard to love him but you have to respect him...yeah and the accusations because of the assassination of Renly...well this is a no-argument. The life of thousands have been saved that night.

Actually it's ridiculous to hold THAT against Stannis.

IDK

When everybody vaguely lovable has died or long gone, or MIA at his/ her best… some people may start loving whatever is still moving around.

There were a lot of Tywin fans once as well.

His premature and smelly death however reduced his fandom somehow.

No way Stannis fan conventions are very similar to Rush/Dream Theater concerts. :P

In fact E-Ro....are those your 2 favorite bands by any chance?

:agree:

We can't know what Renly would have done. Since he was murdered by a shadowbaby before he got to the edge of that particular moral cliff :P

We can't know what Renly would have done. Since he was murdered by a shadowbaby before he got to the edge of that particular moral cliff :P

He would have super murdered the Mannis…all of Westeros would have been doomed if Renly would have super murdered Stannis :( We can be happy that the Shadowbaby happened :P :P

I still don't understand why people love Stannis so much.

Ok he is the rightful heir and he is fighting for the thrones because its his by right. All that i understand.

but I abosolutely HATE it that he keeps saying 'i don't want to be king, i don't want to sit the iron throne, but its my duty, bla bla'

Stannis just doesn't mind for thousands to die, for something he does not want. It just makes him a major AHOLE.

When we take a look at the other kings:

- Robb fought for the freedom of his father, and later for the freedom of his people.

- Balon Greyjoy wanted independence, and he was not afraid to fight for it.

- Renly just wanted the throne, no duty bla bla crap, he just wanted it because he felt he would be a good king (makes him arrogant, but at least he owns up to it)

And Stannis... no. A lot of people died, for something he keeps saying he doesn't want. Makes him seem ungrateful. If he would just plainly state he wanted the damn thing it would at least make him seem.. well.. I don't know. I would like him a whole lot better.

Archived